• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2015 ] Just purchased Wyndham Timeshare - Need to Rescind

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Complet

completely agree. But they buyer sent UPS. I hope for their sake it’s ok

I highly doubt Wyndham will hold up a rescission because they sent it UPS versus certified. The contract may specify certified mail, but it’s not worth a court battle that they would lose anyway, and cost them additional money. I am sure they will be ok.

vannroach

Reaction score
What if I sent Priority and not certified thru the USPS? Did I just shoot myself in the foot?

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
What if I sent Priority and not certified thru the USPS? Did I just shoot myself in the foot?

Not necessarily. We haven't heard of any rescission requests being denied because they were sent by the wrong courier. It would be denied if it got there late. The reason why it's recommended that you send it USPS certified is so that you have a receipt to show that you sent it on time which is what matters.

vannroach

Reaction score
Not necessarily. We haven't heard of any rescission requests being denied because they were sent by the wrong courier. It would be denied if it got there late. The reason why it's recommended that you send it USPS certified is so that you have a receipt to show that you sent it on time which is what matters.
I have the tracking information from the time I sent it etc and the receipt for sending with date and time

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I have the tracking information from the time I sent it etc and the receipt for sending with date and time
You can’t introduce priority mail receipts in court without an affidavit, but you can for certified receipts. we haven’t heard Wyndham denying such. Moving forward, For big money values, follow instructions as exact.

Mind sharing how much you’d save with rescission? As half of us initially bought developer or retail timeshares, there is no shame.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
@vannroach We hope that your rescission went well. To track rescission on TUG, mind sharing the purchase price of the rescinded TS? As half of tuggers initially bought developer TSs, there is no shame involved.

Jdmonk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheridan desert Oasis Scottsdale
First of all I want to say that finding This site has been a God send. Like most of the stories here, ours is the same. We recently returned from a vacation in Mrytle beach where we exchanged through RCI in Scottsdale. We stayed at a Wyndham resort. When We checked in we were encouraged to sign up for a 90 Minute presentation the following morning March 16th. Why we said yes I don’t know. We unfortunately purchase wyndham points to the tune of about 20k and got out of there 4 hours later . The next few day I was very anxious about this purchase and sick to my stomach. Thursday evening (mar 19) I went online to do some research
and found this site and we are forever grateful. So many similar stories. We had to get out. We used the letter template that was provided in an earlier post. Typed it up, went to office max the following morning to make a copy of rescission letter and then to the post office Friday morning ( Mar 20 ) to mail per instructions given on
contract. I can’t tell you how thankful I am that I found this site and how helpful that letter template was. I would have been clueless. We put the purchase on Wyndham credit cards which we received today. Please advise if we should activate these cards ? Call and cancel ? Through reading this thread I understand we just wait to get a confirmation letter and be patient as they legally have 45 days. I am glad we didn’t wait till We got home, as we were advised by the lady that did the closing.

time frame : purchased March 16th. Mailed USPS certified March 20th. ( were good right ??)

Thankyou so much for helping us.
Jdmonk

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad you rescinded in time. You can buy the same thing for pennies on the dollar when you buy resale.

Personally, I would NOT activate the credit cards. In fact, I would call and cancel them.

Welcome to TUG.

Jdmonk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Glad you rescinded in time. You can buy the same thing for pennies on the dollar when you buy resale.

Personally, I would NOT activate the credit cards. In fact, I would call and cancel them.

Welcome to TUG.

Thankyou. If we do that how do we know that the purchase has been refunded.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thankyou. If we do that how do we know that the purchase has been refunded.

Save your Postal receipt to prove that the certified letter was mailed within the allowed time frame.

You can track that letter to see the date it was delivered, and just add 45 days to that. If you know they got it then they must cancel the transaction by law.

They have no obligation to let you know they received your request, however they must act on it.

Great move to have rescinded!

Jdmonk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Save your Postal receipt to prove that the certified letter was mailed within the allowed time frame.

You can track that letter to see the date it was delivered, and just add 45 days to that. If you know they got it then they must cancel the transaction by law.

They have no obligation to let you know they received your request, however they must act on it.

Great move to have rescinded!

They received it yesterday 8:45 March 24

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
We put the purchase on Wyndham credit cards which we received today. Please advise if we should activate these cards ? Call and cancel ? Through reading this thread I understand we just wait to get a confirmation letter and be patient as they legally have 45 days.
Glad you found TUG in time to rescind. If the down payment was made on those new credit cards, definitely do not cancel them until the charges have been reversed. It would just delay your refund if you canceled them now. Most refunds that have been reported have been sooner than 45 days. You'll likely not get any kind of letter acknowledging your rescission but you'll receive your money back as they are required by law to refund it when you rescind within the specified time for whatever state you purchased in.

Jdmonk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They received it yesterday 8:45 March 24
I had read other posts that say to not cancel card until transaction is complete and keep an eye on it. I like your advise about cancelling and not activating the cards. Could you please address your thoughts on canceling rather than watching for transactions. We had 2 cards and they split the 20k 10 on each card if I remember correctly.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I had read other posts that say to not cancel card until transaction is complete and keep an eye on it. I like your advise about cancelling and not activating the cards. Could you please address your thoughts on canceling rather than watching for transactions. We had 2 cards and they split the 20k 10 on each card if I remember correctly.
It's not a good idea to cancel the cards while you're waiting for a refund. It will just complicate things for you.

Jdmonk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thankyou Karen. That sounds good. Appreciate response

vannroach

Reaction score
I’ve saved about $17000 with the recession, assuming it went thru. I have been curious, I actually just tried to setup my club Wyndham account and get in to see my card balance, and neither were working, so I guess that is good news.

Last edited:

vannroach

Reaction score
Called this morning, and I talked to a lady that said the recission process was completed yesterday and and my accounts have been refunded. Thank you Tug, you saved me $17,000, and what a stupid thing for me to get myself into.

Jdmonk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Called this morning, and I talked to a lady that said the recission process was completed yesterday and and my accounts have been refunded. Thank you Tug, you saved me $17,000, and what a stupid thing for me to get myself into.
Good for you ... when did you sign and recind ? And how long did it take ??

vannroach

Reaction score
I signed March 13 in San Antonio like a moron, got to looking at it when I got to motel that night. Found Tug, came to my senses, typed it up at the hotel that night. Mailed it the day in San Antonio.

Jdmonk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I signed March 13 in San Antonio like a moron, got to looking at it when I got to motel that night. Found Tug, came to my senses, typed it up at the hotel that night. Mailed it the day in San Antonio.
So good you came to your senses so early. I totally understand when I found Tug and an template of the letter. So March 3rd you signed. Sent letter 4 th and how long Before they returned money? Did they put purchase on a whyndam card ?

Jdmonk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So good you came to your senses so early. I totally understand when I found Tug and an template of the letter. So March 3rd you signed. Sent letter 4 th and how long Before they returned money? Did they put purchase on a whyndam card ?
Hello everyone, just wanted to inform you all that I did get a confirmation letter of rescission confirmation. This was done in a very timely matter. They received in their office my rescission letter on Tuesday morning and received confirmation today
( Friday) I am very happy and lighter. Now we wait for the refund on our Wyndham credit cards and were set. So thankful for TUGS. Would like to become a member but not sure that process. Thanks everyone. Be encouraged...that purchase is not a life sentence if you rescind I time allotted.
Have a great day

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. I joined Karen. I also am curious after the letter do you know how’s long it takes before the charge on card is reversed ???
It can take up to 45 days but usually it happens sooner.

Jdmonk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It can take up to 45 days but usually it happens sooner.
Just thought I would let everyone know that our money was refunded from cards today From time They received rescinding letter To money returned was a total of 5 days. Cards were cancelled. Be encouraged to anyone who is waiting. Again thanks TUG