• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2015 ] Just purchased Wyndham Timeshare - Need to Rescind

Travel991

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare nation is giving away Wyndham points for free with free closing. FYI
Hi Everyone. I am a newbie here looking to purchase my first timeshare. I saw a free timeshare on Timeshare Nation 64,000 points for Wyndham. Should I purchase? My kids are in year round school and are usually out of school in June, September, December and March, which would probably be our travel times. Is timeshare nation legit? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tonya; Welcome to TUG!

You are making a good move by looking at a free bargain or considering a resale purchase, however I think you really need to do a lot of research and homework prior to making a commitment to signing on the dotted line and absorbing those annual maintenance fees....

Another possibility is to rent a week in the system in which you want to buy to experience the resort and draw your own conclusions (sample the actual goods).

Study hard and make an educated decision on which you'd like to buy.

Best of luck!

Travel991

TUG Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the maintenance fees are $425 and it’s 64,000 points annual. I’ve attended timeshare presentations previously and wanted to buy but didn’t want to pay thousands of dollars.

If you do by a resale at Wyndham can you add more points later?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Hi Everyone. I am a newbie here looking to purchase my first timeshare. I saw a free timeshare on Timeshare Nation 64,000 points for Wyndham. Should I purchase? My kids are in year round school and are usually out of school in June, September, December and March, which would probably be our travel times. Is timeshare nation legit? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Tonya, first off I recommend starting your own thread here so we don’t hijack the OPs thread for your topic. TSN (TimeShareNation) is legit for certain. I know several people who have picked up free timeshare contracts from that agency over time.

That said, visit the sticky in this area that prompts you to answer various questions on the nature of your timeshare requirements. Paste those questions along with your answers into your new thread in this section. We can then help you to determine the best path forward.

Overall remember the three Rs. Research, Rent and then pursue Resale once you have rented enough to know that Wyndham is a good match for your vacation requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Don’t just get it because it’s free. Get it because you like the destinations, trading options, and the commitment. There are a ton of free or small fee TS in great programs.

NayNay87

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I noticed that no one has been on here for a while but I hope people are still checking in.

Last month, January 31st to be exact, my partner and I was in Las Vegas and of course got hit with, we'll give you these ticket and a free hotel stay and blah, blah, blah, if you come to out presentation. Like a sucker, I was hooked and wanted in. After we signed up, I called my Mom to tell her and the first thing she said was I hope it's not Wyndham. I was so confused and immediately went online and started reading about Wyndham timeshare and all the awful reviews, I was mad instantly.

I was going to wait until monday to call them to see if I could cancel but something said keep looking online. Then I found this site. What a God sent. I wrote my letter that same night. The next day we were leaving but before we got on the plane we found a UPS store and mailed the letters. That Monday, 2 days later, I tracked the letters and they had been received.

Now here comes the questions and concern. I haven't heard back from the company yet saying that its canceled. I've read that, that make take 2 to 3 weeks but now I'm starting to get mail from the credit cards company saying that we owe them. We financed this hole thing, down payment and everything. Adding two need credit cards to my name.

So my question is, should I call the credit card company and let them know I canceled the timeshare or wait to receive my letter saying that its canceled and then call? Or should I not call at all and just wait to see what happenes?

Please help!!! I'm starting to feel like it didn't get canceled and now I'm stuck with it.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I haven't heard back from the company yet saying that its canceled. . . .should I call the credit card company and let them know I canceled the timeshare or
You may not hear from the company as they are under no obligation to contact you. But, if you rescinded in time (five days in Nevada) and you have proof that you mailed your letter of rescission, they do have the obligation to rescind the contract. It can take up to 45 days to see a refund back to the credit card. Once you get that refund you might want to cancel the card, but wait until after you get the refund to do so. Give it a little more time.

Please let us know what happens. Glad you found TUG in time to rescind.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hi guys,
I noticed that no one has been on here for a while but I hope people are still checking in.

Last month, January 31st to be exact, my partner and I was in Las Vegas and of course got hit with, we'll give you these ticket and a free hotel stay and blah, blah, blah, if you come to out presentation. Like a sucker, I was hooked and wanted in. After we signed up, I called my Mom to tell her and the first thing she said was I hope it's not Wyndham. I was so confused and immediately went online and started reading about Wyndham timeshare and all the awful reviews, I was mad instantly.

I was going to wait until monday to call them to see if I could cancel but something said keep looking online. Then I found this site. What a God sent. I wrote my letter that same night. The next day we were leaving but before we got on the plane we found a UPS store and mailed the letters. That Monday, 2 days later, I tracked the letters and they had been received.

Now here comes the questions and concern. I haven't heard back from the company yet saying that its canceled. I've read that, that make take 2 to 3 weeks but now I'm starting to get mail from the credit cards company saying that we owe them. We financed this hole thing, down payment and everything. Adding two need credit cards to my name.

So my question is, should I call the credit card company and let them know I canceled the timeshare or wait to receive my letter saying that its canceled and then call? Or should I not call at all and just wait to see what happenes?

Please help!!! I'm starting to feel like it didn't get canceled and now I'm stuck with it.
You should be fine. They have 45 days to refund
To track how much TS owners saved on TUG, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shaming.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
You should be fine. They have 45 days to refund
To track how much TS owners saved on TUG, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shaming.
Does It matter if it was sent UPS or USPS? We always recommend USPS So was just wondering

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does It matter if it was sent UPS or USPS? We always recommend USPS So was just wondering
Technically only USPS would work. Often, TS companies will honor UPS. We hope this is the case.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Technically only USPS would work. Often, TS companies will honor UPS. We hope this is the case.
Right.....the UPS could be a blunder. Let’s just hope that’s not the case.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, if they don't receive their refund then we will know the answer to this .......................

Let's hope they do receive their refund!

If they don’t get the refund, maybe contact state AG.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right.....the UPS could be a blunder. Let’s just hope that’s not the case.

The reason why you should send it USPS is so that you have a receipt to prove that you mailed it in time. If it is sent via courier such as UPS and it is received after the rescission period expires even though you might have sent it before the rescission period expired, the company can claim that you did not rescind in time and therefore void the rescission.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
The reason why you should send it USPS is so that you have a receipt to prove that you mailed it in time. If it is sent via courier such as UPS and it is received after the rescission period expires even though you might have sent it before the rescission period expired, the company can claim that you did not rescind in time and therefore void the rescission.
Can they claim that even if you have proof of receipt via signature?

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can they claim that even if you have proof of receipt via signature?

Sorry, I'm having a hard time understanding your question. My point is that the day that you mailed it is what counts, not when the resort or timeshare company received it. So one might have given the letter to the courier within the rescission period but it was not received until after the rescission period expired.

The important point is that you have to have proof that you mailed it in time and USPS certified mail will provide that. What other couriers do varies from courier to courier.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Sorry, I'm having a hard time understanding your question. My point is that the day that you mailed it is what counts, not when the resort or timeshare company received it. So one might have given the letter to the courier within the rescission period but it was not received until after the rescission period expired.

The important point is that you have to have proof that you mailed it in time and USPS certified mail will provide that. What other couriers do varies from courier to courier.
I understand your point..... can they still make that claim if you have proof of receipt/delivery via a signature at the office is through UPS tracking? UPS tracking would also have proof when it was sent and received . While I agree, USPS is the safest way to sent and obtain postmarking. UPS and FEDEX still have tracking services.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
The ONLY Company that can provide a Postmark is the semi Government Agency called the United States Postal Service. If a Postmark is what is needed then most everyone out there should know where they need to go.

If I had a lot of money on the line I would not fool around with any private Companies; I would use the USPS to achieve a definite, positive conclusion.

If one has to go to Court then the Postmark will always rule the roost.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I understand your point..... can they still make that claim if you have proof of receipt/delivery via a signature at the office is through UPS tracking? UPS tracking would also have proof when it was sent and received . While I agree, USPS is the safest way to sent and obtain postmarking. UPS and FEDEX still have tracking services.

This is why I’ve always said to follow the rescission instructions to the letter. If the recession instructions state to use USPS certified mail, then follow the instructions. Don’t think for yourself - don’t question anything - just follow the instructions to the letter. People make assumptions all on their own based upon their own preconceived notions as to what might work better for reasons that escape me - like using UPS or Fedex because it might get there faster - when how quickly it arrives has NOTHING to do with the legal requirement that the rescission is postmarked within the defined rescission window (which varies by state as we all know). Perhaps using UPS or Fedex might make them feel better - but emotion has no bearing when it comes to legally binding contractual verbiage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
can they still make that claim if you have proof of receipt/delivery via a signature at the office is through UPS tracking?

They might be able to make that claim. I don't know how the law would work in such a situation. But as Time Traveler said above, why tempt fate when you have tens of thousands of dollars on the line? Follow the instructions that were given in the package and that will have legal clout.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Complet
They might be able to make that claim. I don't know how the law would work in such a situation. But as Time Traveler said above, why tempt fate when you have tens of thousands of dollars on the line? Follow the instructions that were given in the package and that will have legal clout.
completely agree. But they buyer sent UPS. I hope for their sake it’s ok

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I went to the UPS store but it was sent through USPS. That was the only way I could get it tracked.
That makes it better. Hopefully you sent certified. Mind sharing the TS price?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I went to the UPS store but it was sent through USPS. That was the only way I could get it tracked.
@NayNay87 we hope your rescission and deposit refund went well. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you'd save with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer or retail timeshares, there is no shaming.