• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2015 ] Just purchased Wyndham Timeshare - Need to Rescind

Skyblue82

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Update: Thanks to everyone who provided much needed reassurance. I never did get a letter or email from them verifying they got my letter (unlike a few people who posted here on the previous pages), however, they backed out the deposit we'd put on the Wyndham card on 12/16, and they received my letter 12/14. My login to Club Wyndham has been deactivated. I feel SO much better. Husband wants to buy a resale so we may be back at some point but I feel like I am way too gun shy right now.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
That makes sense---take your time! It's easy to buy a timeshare, but it can be very hard to get rid of one.

Maybe Wyndham is the right system for you, maybe some other one is, or maybe timeshare isn't a good fit. Try a few out by renting from an owner (or the developer) and see what you think. In the meantime, read read read here on TUG to start to get a feel for how the various systems work.

Shaw

Reaction score
My Wyndham Resorts rescission and refund was successful. I want to thank everyone on this forum for all help, advice, and keeping me sane through this process. I'll never make this mistake again.
How long did it take for everything to go through? Did they give any updates? I get the impression that the notice you get is from the post office when it’s delivered and then it’s just a waiting game.

Skyblue82

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
How long did it take for everything to go through? Did they give any updates? I get the impression that the notice you get is from the post office when it’s delivered and then it’s just a waiting game.

I did receive an email 12/27 that my rescission went through, and they received my (first) letter 12/14. I sent three separate letters and an email (email was sent 12/13). I realize all but one of those was superfluous, but it just made me feel better to do it. I was expecting to get a call or text from the sales rep, but I never did.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Shelbee

Reaction score
Just purchased a 300,000k Wyndham Vacation Package in Orlando on 1/6/22… have regretted it ever since- just found this forum tonight… my page 9 of 9 in my contract is missing so I don’t have the rescission instructions. I’ve read this full forum and wrote the letter using the template but can anyone tell me where to send it certified mail? I see the PO BOX 94443 Las Vegas, Nevada 89193 address listed but didn’t know if that was the same address for everyone to rescind a Wyndham Vacation Timeshare? Thanks so much for all this helpful information!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Just purchased a 300,000k Wyndham Vacation Package in Orlando on 1/6/22… have regretted it ever since- just found this forum tonight… my page 9 of 9 in my contract is missing so I don’t have the rescission instructions. I’ve read this full forum and wrote the letter using the template but can anyone tell me where to send it certified mail? I see the PO BOX 94443 Las Vegas, Nevada 89193 address listed but didn’t know if that was the same address for everyone to rescind a Wyndham Vacation Timeshare? Thanks so much for all this helpful information!
Please kindly send certified to two addresses. One is Las Vegas. Per the screenshot, the other Wyndham rescission addresss is PO Box 690189, Orlando, FL. It can’t hurt. Finally, you can email to rescissions.wvr@wyn.com

We hope your rescission and deposit refund were successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

Attachments

• FE9FD291-B10C-4406-BE91-A719A09D7077.png
    FE9FD291-B10C-4406-BE91-A719A09D7077.png
    427.8 KB · Views: 56

Shelbee

Reaction score
Please kindly send certified to two addresses. One is Las Vegas. Per the screenshot, the other Wyndham rescission addresss is PO Box 690189, Orlando, FL. It can’t hurt. Finally, you can email to rescissions.wvr@wyn.com

We hope your rescission and deposit refund were successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

Will be mailing the letter tomorrow to both addresses and emailing it tonight
the package was 300,000 points with 500,000 bonus points for first 2 years for $42,900

Shelbee

Reaction score
So I just mailed my letter via certified USPS to both the Las Vegas PO BOX and the Orlando PO BOX, it’s estimated to arrive 1/18 and we signed up on 1/6– from reading the forum I understand that the date it was mailed is the important part not the received date… can anyone confirm this is correct or if I need to send an overnighted certified letter for it to get there before the 10 day rescission period?
thanks!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
So I just mailed my letter via certified USPS to both the Las Vegas PO BOX and the Orlando PO BOX, it’s estimated to arrive 1/18 and we signed up on 1/6– from reading the forum I understand that the date it was mailed is the important part not the received date… can anyone confirm this is correct or if I need to send an overnighted certified letter for it to get there before the 10 day rescission period?
thanks!
It is based on postmark date. You should send it via some trackable method. Did you do that?

Shelbee

Reaction score
It is based on postmark date. You should send it via some trackable method. Did you do that?
yes I got a tracking number and then i ended up overnighting it also just to be sure it was there in time.... Also since the page 9 of 9 in my contract was actually missing from all the documents does that make the contract void because I haven't received all documents.
"You may cancel this Contract without any penalty or obligation within ten (10) calendar days after the date you sign this Contract or the date on which you receive the last of all documents required to be given to you pursuant to Section 721.07 (6), Florida Statutes, whichever is later."

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes I got a tracking number and then i ended up overnighting it also just to be sure it was there in time....

Not a bad idea but again, it does not matter when they receive it. If you sent it certified mail (as per the instructions) what matters is when you sent it. It appears that you sent it on time.

Now that the rescission is in progress here are a few things to keep in mind.

1) They are under no obligation to inform or update you on the rescission process. You might get an e-mail confirming that they received your letter but they are not required to do so.
2) They have up to 45 days (but it usually does not take that long) to refund you your money. Monitor your credit card (or whatever method you used to pay) activity to watch out for your refund.
3) Since they have up to 45 days to refund your money, don't panic if you do not see the refund immediately and then go calling the resort or sales office.
4) Watch out for unknown phone calls coming to you. It's possible that the resort or sales office will call you trying to convince you to reverse your decision to rescind. They might tell you that you will face financial or legal consequences if you rescind (which is a lie). Or, they might try to up the offer with extra perks such as better/easier booking options, extra points per year, pre-paid maintenance fees, etc.

Last edited:

Cyngurr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
I just purchased a timeshare through Wyndham Vacation Resorts on Sunday 2-22-2015. I woke up on Monday and decided to do research and realized I was out of my mind for doing this. There is a 5 day period per my contract that allows me to cancel. It says this:

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE CONTRACT WITHIN FIVE (5) DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF THE CONTRACT. CANCELLATION MUST BE IN WRITING AND IF SENT BY MAIL, ADDRESSED TO SELLER, ATTENTION: ACCOUNT CONTROLS AND ADMINISTRATION-RESCISSION DEPARTMENT AT 10750 WEST CHARLESTON BOULEVARD, SUITE 130, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89135; OR P.O. BOX 94443, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89193. CANCELLATION WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED AT THE MOMENT THE LETTER IS POSTMARKED. IF SENT BY MAIL, THE LETTER MAY BE CERTIFIED WITH A RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED. YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL CANNOT BE WAIVED.

I sent my letter yesterday 2-23-2015 to the P.O. Box address via USPS Priority mail express with a return receipt requested. They said express is considered certified mail. I kept my receipt and a copy of the shipment (postmarked 2-23-2015).

My signed letter was as followed:

My Name
Address
Phone #
Email

Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc
Account Controls and Administration-Rescission Department
P.O. Box 94443
Las Vegas, Nevada 89193

February 23, 2015

Attention Customer Service,

The purpose of this letter is regarding the required cancellation of my timeshare contract. My name is (My Name) and I purchased a timeshare with Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc on February 22, 2015. Per the contract regarding this timeshare, I am contacting you within the rescission period in order to cancel this timeshare contract.

I wish to cancel this agreement immediately, Contract Number: xxxxx-xxxxxxx, dated February 22, 2015. Please provide me with a written response showing you have received this letter within the rescission period. Additionally, please inform me if any additional information is needed.

Timeshare: Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc
Owner: My Name
Contract Number: xxxxx-xxxxxxx
Member Number: xxxxxxxxxxx
Date of Purchase: February 22, 2015

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

**My Name

I met all of the requirements they said in the contract. I guess I just sit and wait now? Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks.
How did it all play out if you don't mind me asking? I'm experiencing the same thing and I know it's been a few years but this post happened for me to come across.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
How did it all play out if you don't mind me asking? I'm experiencing the same thing and I know it's been a few years but this post happened for me to come across.
Did you just buy a Wyndham timeshare? Rescind! It's the law that you can rescind, so you should exercise your right to rescind. Read the paperwork. Don't overpay for something that has zero value resale.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

The Poster hasn't been seen since March of 2015 so I doubt you'll ever find out his or her specific answer.

Your best bet is to follow the advice above posted by TUG member rickandcindy23

Suselle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Just bought into Wyndham. Decided to rescind and sent my registered letter on day 3 of my 5 day window. Problem: on reading this I’m realizing that I sent my registered letter to the 6277 Sea Harbour Orlando office as my contract says that’s who the contract is with and that’s what the sales office confirmed I should do. It is now day 7. Any advice?? I thought I will send a registered letter to the Los Vegas PO address in the morning with a copy of my original letter and proof that it was received by the corporate office within the five day window. I’m worried. I don’t trust them.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just bought into Wyndham. Decided to rescind and sent my registered letter on day 3 of my 5 day window. Problem: on reading this I’m realizing that I sent my registered letter to the 6277 Sea Harbour Orlando office as my contract says that’s who the contract is with and that’s what the sales office confirmed I should do. It is now day 7. Any advice?? I thought I will send a registered letter to the Los Vegas PO address in the morning with a copy of my original letter and proof that it was received by the corporate office within the five day window. I’m worried. I don’t trust them.

If it's going to make you sleep better then it likely won't hurt if you want to resend this to the Las Vegas address instead. However, you are now at day 7, and you already know that the Orlando office has received the rescission letter which was Postmarked on Day 3.