• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just purchased an RCI Timeshare at Attitash Mountain Village NH... Bad Idea???

yerrato

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My wife and I just purchased a week at Attitash Village in NH for $8k with 59,000 points and a $650 maintenance fee... I prob should of done more research but it seemed like a good idea.

Did we get screwed? Should we cancel???

Thanks!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My wife and I just purchased a week at Attitash Village in NH for $8k with 59,000 points and a $650 maintenance fee... I prob should of done more research but it seemed like a good idea.

Thanks!
Probably should rescind (cancel) and buy resale for free to $1.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Hi,

Thanks!
Omg when did you buy this?? Rescind if you can. Comb through your contract and check for rescission or making changes to your contract instructions. You’ll likely have to write a letter. Make sure all who signed the purchase contract sign the recission letter. You can pick up those types of ownerships for free sometimes with free closing. Be aware though, some of those contracts are hard to give away making your exit strategy in the future difficult.

In New Hampshire, a purchaser has the right to cancel a timeshare contract within five calendar days of signing the contract or receipt of the public offering statement. The buyer must submit this written timeshare cancellation request to the seller by hand or certified mail.

you have limited time. Usually it’s 7-10 business days. You have 5 Calendar so make sure it’s postmarked within those 5 days. When did to sign?

@Grammarhero

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Recind and buy resale

yerrato

TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably should rescind (cancel) and buy resale for free to $1.

Thanks for the insight... I'm new to timeshares. So the reason the points are free or $1 is because the come along with annual fees?

Omg when did you buy this?? Rescind if you can. Comb through your contract and check for rescission or making changes to your contract instructions. You’ll likely have to write a letter. Make sure all who signed the purchase contract sign the recission letter. You can pick up those types of ownerships for free sometimes with free closing. Be aware though, some of those contracts are hard to give away making your exit strategy in the future difficult.

In New Hampshire, a purchaser has the right to cancel a timeshare contract within five calendar days of signing the contract or receipt of the public offering statement. The buyer must submit this written timeshare cancellation request to the seller by hand or certified mail.

you have limited time. Usually it’s 7-10 business days. You have 5 Calendar so make sure it’s postmarked within those 5 days. When did to sign?

@Grammarhero

We just did it today, so we have 5 days...

So is there any benefit into getting into a time share program??? We were really planning on just using the points with RCI for different locations.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Yes. Yes.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can buy any number of points converted TSs on eBay. Our measure of a 'good deal' is a penny of MF per point, do your deal wasn't bad but not great either. The cheapest points are either Grandview in Las Vegas or Vacation Village in FL. Just watch that they are converted. Beware, each of those exchanges you make are about $300 on top of your MF, plus the RCI membership of almost $100/yr.

Jim

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Yes, rescind. But then do loads of research. There are points at Attitash Mountain Village listed on Sumday's website....that's a timeshare reseller. (www.sumdayvacations.com) They are very inexpensive. (A 52,000 point unit is listed for $0.99 and has a $250 rebate, for example.)

We've stayed at this resort several times, and we really enjoy it. Timesharing works for my family...but you'll want to do lots of research to be sure it works for yours. We're here to answer questions as you work through the process.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hi,

Thanks!
Hi, welcome to tug. Glad you found us in time.

Yes rescind. Timesharing can be wonderful once you educate yourself about timesharing and do it right.

Here on tug you can learn everything that will help you decide which timeshare is best for you giving you you what you want and need.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
ALL timeshares come with annual maintenance fees.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Thanks for the insight... I'm new to timeshares. So the reason the points are free or $1 is because the come along with annual fees?

We just did it today, so we have 5 days...

So is there any benefit into getting into a time share program??? We were really planning on just using the points with RCI for different locations.
Perfect! Get into a timeshare and get a points contract with a low maint fee nothing wrong with that. Just buy it on the resale market and save thousands! Also, look into interval international. Check their resorts. You may like the choices better. They have all the Marriott’s and Starwood resorts among so many others. If you buy a resale MVC you can trade it off there. You may like interval better. Rescind and stay around here for a while and read and learn. Just read threads and ask a ton of questions. I personally like vistana mandatory deeds. I like certain resorts and of course exchanging into interval as an options. Just booked Marriott in Aruba. Look for units with a low maint fee.

but right now your first and only thing to concentrate on is rescinding and doing it correctly

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the help. I just typed up the rescind letter and will mail it tomorrow.
Make sure everyone who signed the contract signs the rescission letter. Send it certified mail, with RRR. in NH you can also Hand Deliver to that address. If you’re close by and want closure do both! @Grammarhero mark it. 8K

yerrato

TUG Member
Reaction score
Make sure everyone who signed the contract signs the rescission letter. Send it certified mail, with RRR. in NH you can also Hand Deliver to that address. If you’re close by and want closure do both! @Grammarhero mark it. 8K
Thx!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Welcome to TUG. You may want to stick around and learn. Since you want to exchange in RCI or Interval. You should pay for the TUG membership (15 for the year) so you have access to the sightings thread and you’ll see what kind of inventory pops up in these exchange systems. But again, check the resort directory on locations you may want to go. It’s my opinion and my opinion only that interval has nicer resorts. I prefer Starwood and Vistana locations to Hilton but again just my opinion.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just typed up the rescind letter and will mail it tomorrow.

Make certain that you send your written and signed rescission by certified mail, so that you will have documentary proof of the actual postmark date (reflected on the date stamped receipt that will be provided to you at the USPS counter). Don't just put a stamp on the enveloper and toss it into a mailbox, leaving you with no proof of the actual postmark date, which is the only date that really matters. Date of later delivery and receipt matters not at all.

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
You can buy any number of points converted TSs on eBay. Our measure of a 'good deal' is a penny of MF per point, do your deal wasn't bad but not great either. The cheapest points are either Grandview in Las Vegas or Vacation Village in FL. Just watch that they are converted. Beware, each of those exchanges you make are about $300 on top of your MF, plus the RCI membership of almost $100/yr.

Jim

@yerrato, Just to be 100% clear, and I know Jim meant this, it is your 59,000 RCI points with a maintenance fee of $650 that isn't too bad of a deal. The $8,000 price paid for it was a very bad deal. You can find something similar for free.

yerrato

TUG Member
Reaction score
@yerrato, Just to be 100% clear, and I know Jim meant this, it is your 59,000 RCI points with a maintenance fee of $650 that isn't too bad of a deal. The $8,000 price paid for it was a very bad deal. You can find something similar for free.
Thx! I totally get that now LOL

Reactions: RX8

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Rescind. Forget RCI points. Buy a resale Marriott trade in II much nicer resorts. Rescind, read up on TUG, then decide if timeshares are right for you.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Rescind. Forget RCI points. Buy a resale Marriott trade in II much nicer resorts. Rescind, read up on TUG, then decide if timeshares are right for you.
Primary reason for a RCI is DVC. then of course there are HGVC units. So for that reason RCI isn’t half bad.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Rescind now! We got our Innseason Pollard Brook one in Lincoln for free!

BostonKingB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NONE! Looking for a good trader to purchase.
Interval doesn't have that Attitash resort do they? I've never seen it I don't think. I've stayed at Pollard Brook

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Interval doesn't have that Attitash resort do they? I've never seen it I don't think. I've stayed at Pollard Brook
I don’t know. The East Coast is not on my travel radar. I just wouldn’t purchase a resort that trades with RCI. II has lower fees and nicer resorts. There is a resort in St. Martin I would love to own and I do see a few II deposits but every resale says it trades with RCI. That makes it a no for me. Personal preference.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I don’t know. The East Coast is not on my travel radar. I just wouldn’t purchase a resort that trades with RCI. II has lower fees and nicer resorts. There is a resort in St. Martin I would love to own and I do see a few II deposits but every resale says it trades with RCI. That makes it a no for me. Personal preference.
The OP is looking for NH Ski weeks AND DVC. So RCI points or weeks ownership makes sense for them.