• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just Passed ROFR

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
Yes, I stayed in my unit this past Jan. I have not been in bldg. #1 but there is an elevator serving the bldg. If I am not mistaken the box with the X in it is the elevator for each respective bldg. There is a princess unit for sale (maybe the one you have your eye on) in bldg. #1 so that is part of your desire. BTW, when do you want to own (week)? Again I have a tendency to look only for Jan/Feb weeks. My first choice given what you have presented (just me) would probably be bldg. #7, third floor because it is a straight away view of the ocean apparently. My main concern would be people over my head more so than road noise at Windward. I am going to check a street view and confirm or not my thoughts on the views.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
Ok, here's what I see. If you were to get the princess unit 5114, you would be almost across the hall from the elevator, one flight of stairs on the far end of the hallway would take you directly to a parking spot. Bldg. #7 appears to be better than #6, #7 has a straightaway view of the ocean, #6 may have to look over the little snack bigd., still good. The elevator is mostly between bldgs. #6 & #7, the stairs I would not consider.

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Riviera Beach and Spa, Dana Point
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Just an update on my purchase at HBH. Won ebay auction on March 6th and transfer just completed today (June 20th). Not exactly a quick transfer but happy it's done. The funny thing is also today a reservation was made at another property (Coconut Plantation) for August as well as 600 points to EEE. I'm not exactly upset as I only have a few days until the points would enter LCUP and 2019 points were never part of the deal. However, now I have to pay a cancellation fee to move the rest of my points to EEE.

One question that I have is this: Is the II account automatically created as part of the transfer or do I have to take some kind of action for that?
Your II account should already be setup. You can call Hyatt and they can help you get log on info.
Not sure exactly what you are stating about the Coconut Plantation reservation? This is a reservation you made or a pre-existing reservation? I had a case where the owner actually used some of the points while in escrow. The transfer company denied that was possible, but Hyatt confirmed that the points were used while I was in escrow..... I still ended up with most of the points and was able to get them into EEE as well..

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I went with 5111. The view looks great and I like the easy access to parking lost. My biggest concern is whether the cars driving in front of the unit cause me stress.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congratulations, I think you will be ok!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I went with 5111. The view looks great and I like the easy access to parking lost. My biggest concern is whether the cars driving in front of the unit cause me stress.

Good Luck and I hope you pass ROFR

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Good Luck and I hope you pass ROFR

Thank you. Based on what I am reading on TUG, it sounds like most units are passing in the $7K range, assuming Hyatt is still executing ROFR. Someone mentioned they got something for a below market price at the time when Hyatt was not doing ROFR. Does anyone know if they are executing ROFR now?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you. Based on what I am reading on TUG, it sounds like most units are passing in the $7K range, assuming Hyatt is still executing ROFR. Someone mentioned they got something for a below market price at the time when Hyatt was not doing ROFR. Does anyone know if they are executing ROFR now?

I think you should pass ROFR. I purchased a 2,200 week at Beach House for a week I could use at the price I wanted to pay. I’ve not heard of two many being ROFR’d lately. I’m looking to purchase a AZ unit now

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Basically nothing is being ROFR’d right now. Expect that to change once Marriott starts doing whatever they have planned for the Hyatt properties.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I think you should pass ROFR. I purchased a 2,200 week at Beach House for a week I could use at the price I wanted to pay. I’ve not heard of two many being ROFR’d lately. I’m looking to purchase a AZ unit now
I have been tempted to buy one after I saw what you got it for but just can’t find a week I could use. You know me, it has to be something I would use half the time.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have been tempted to buy one after I saw what you got it for but just can’t find a week I could use. You know me, it has to be something I would use half the time.

Panina, it was you who inspired me to purchase this week. I’m now only buying what I can and will use.

I will be getting rid of a few of my TS’s so that I can right size my portfolio

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panina, it was you who inspired me to purchase this week. I’m now only buying what I can and will use.

I will be getting rid of a few of my TS’s so that I can right size my portfolio
Smiling. I too have to get rid of a few. My other half now prefers Key West, no complaint here. Haven’t had time to figure out which ones yet to let go of. I love them all but if I am in Key West more I don’t need them all.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smiling. I too have to get rid of a few. My other half now prefers Key West, no complaint here. Haven’t had time to figure out which ones yet to let go of. I love them all but if I am in Key West more I don’t need them all.

I love Key West as well, really I just love FL...I look forward to going each year and getting in warm weather...

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Panini, which do you own in Key West? I am also buying where I will visit except for Marriott Grand Chateau in Las Vegas. I am buying that to reserve high demand weeks and either rent or exchange. I want to see how hard it is to rent weeks I can’t use. I do go to Vegas every year for a conference so I might use it but I think it is cheaper for me to use points with the 30% discount for the days I need vs using my entire week since I will not need a week unless I stay the entire week. Then I could lock off my 3 BR, use the 1 BR and rent or exchange the 2 BR.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panini, which do you own in Key West? I am also buying where I will visit except for Marriott Grand Chateau in Las Vegas. I am buying that to reserve high demand weeks and either rent or exchange. I want to see how hard it is to rent weeks I can’t use. I do go to Vegas every year for a conference so I might use it but I think it is cheaper for me to use points with the 30% discount for the days I need vs using my entire week since I will not need a week unless I stay the entire week. Then I could lock off my 3 BR, use the 1 BR and rent or exchange the 2 BR.
I own in Banyan Resort, smaller place, buy in and maintenance is lower then all the other in old Key West. Trades in II, no designation which blows my mind as it is nice but from what I was told very few are traded. Renovated units, two outdoor pools, hot tub, bar with breakfast and lunch, drinks available.

I was thinking about another at Banyan or Sunset Harbor or Coconut Beach Resort but nothing for the weeks I want are available. Sunset Harbors maintenance fees are very high, so might hesitate even if I find. With the right price would get one in new Key West.

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
Just received work Hyatt passed on my purchase of week 8, 9 and 10 at Coconut Plantation, received back in 5 days. I already have week 7 and 8, but now I only have to change units once. I guess I will have to find some place to use the points, so glad Hyatts are so nice.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just received work Hyatt passed on my purchase of week 8, 9 and 10 at Coconut Plantation, received back in 5 days. I already have week 7 and 8, but now I only have to change units once. I guess I will have to find some place to use the points, so glad Hyatts are so nice.
Congratulations, nice to be able to stay at one resort so long?

What prices did you pay?

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

That is a great winter portfolio at a great location!

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panina, If you can tell me how I can get a message to you privately, I will be happy to tell you.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panina, If you can tell me how I can get a message to you privately, I will be happy to tell you.
Sent you a private message

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DMS, congrats on having 5 weeks in Bonita Springs in the Winter....

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If someone will tell me where to post ROFR for Hyatt I will post the information. Thanks