• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just Passed ROFR

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
I think no on better visibility, you just get some better perks, cheaper get aways and free guest cert. with platinum.
Actually you do see some getaways prior to everyone else when you have platinum besides the savings.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Just received my recorded deed from the realtor I used to buy my week. Now I wait for 30 days to have Hyatt recognize me. I hope it goes quick
The 2 I just bought Hyatt had set up in about 2 weeks. I never have received anything from Hyatt except MF bill. The way I knew my account was setup was from seeing it under my Interval login. I then had to call 1-800-GO-HYATT to get my account number so I could register for access to owner portal.

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas, Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort (DRI), Worldmark
O.k. what are the chances that a Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar, Platnium 2,000 point annual week just won on Ebay for $228 dollars will pass ROFR? This is the total out-of-pocket cost for me as seller is paying closing and 2019 maintenance fees so the only cost is my bid offer. May get some 2019 points, may not... I know the resort is currently undergoing major renovations and has not reopened yet, but my main goal was to obtain points for use in 2020 so not worried about use in 2019.

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
O.k. what are the chances that a Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar, Platnium 2,000 point annual week just won on Ebay for $228 dollars will pass ROFR? This is the total out-of-pocket cost for me as seller is paying closing and 2019 maintenance fees so the only cost is my bid ofer. May get some 2019 points, may not... and I know the resort is current undergoing major renovations and has not reopened yet, but my main goal was to obtain points for use in 2020 so no worried about use in 2019.

I think you have a good chance since its not open for business and if it passes you have a great deal at a great place for a song...

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
O.k. what are the chances that a Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar, Platnium 2,000 point annual week just won on Ebay for $228 dollars will pass ROFR? This is the total out-of-pocket cost for me as seller is paying closing and 2019 maintenance fees so the only cost is my bid ofer. May get some 2019 points, may not... and I know the resort is current undergoing major renovations and has not reopened yet, but my main goal was to obtain points for use in 2020 so no worried about use in 2019.

My guess is right now it passes.

Last edited:

brdweb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House
Hello all, first time posting as I recently joined specifically to get more info on the Hyatt program. Won an ebay auction for a platinum week (2000 pts) at Hyatt Beach House for $2150. All-in with fees will be less than $3400 which I believe to be a good deal, especially with the MF currently less than $1400. However, I'm nervous on it passing ROFR as it seems the FL properties have been failing more often than some of the others? I don't plan on using this unit, I just wanted at least 2k pts with lower MF and this was the best deal I could currently find.

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas, Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort (DRI), Worldmark
I also bid on this one as well but had set a fairly low limit on it so when it passed my limit, I decided to go for the Hacienda Del Mar unit as the seller was paying the closing costs etc. The maintenance fees are higher, but it will take a number of years to make up the cost difference given that it is only costing me $228 (assuming it passes). I had a Highlands annual 2000 platinum pass at $2,000 in December after a 2200 Diamond Highlands EOY unit at $3,800 failed in October so anything can happen. I have not seen any posts of anything failing recently (?) so chances may be decent it passes.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello all, first time posting as I recently joined specifically to get more info on the Hyatt program. Won an ebay auction for a platinum week (2000 pts) at Hyatt Beach House for $2150. All-in with fees will be less than $3400 which I believe to be a good deal, especially with the MF currently less than $1400. However, I'm nervous on it passing ROFR as it seems the FL properties have been failing more often than some of the others? I don't plan on using this unit, I just wanted at least 2k pts with lower MF and this was the best deal I could currently find.

I think you have a good shot at this passing...All in for $3,400 would be a great price... I had the goal of getting a Diamond week - 2,200 points for $4K or less and I was able to get one to pass ROFR...I really think this is a great time to buy Hyatt...

vice

TUG Member
Reaction score
I won an auction from a reputable seller for Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch 2520 annual points 3BR Gold for $999, which was the starting bid. i was happy because I have been watching and waiting a while for the right Hyatt deal to come along. This is my first Hyatt purchase. My first concern was there was no other bidders. Second concern is passing ROFR. I just want to make sure that I am not missing something as I definitely expected bid competition with over 30 other bidders watching the auction. 2019 usage is included and I have to pay $1622 2019 maintenance fee, $550 closing, $650 RTF. It seems like it is a fair to good maintenance fee per point, the week is 36 according to estoppel, even though exact week number was not in auction listing. If transfer goes moderately quickly, say 3 or 4 months, I have a good chance of getting access to points while still in CUP. Worst case scenario I get LCUP which I may be able to use as well. I also love Texas, used to live there, so visiting during my actual week is appealing to me, although many years I would want to use the points option to go other places in Hyatt system. Can anyone think of something I should be aware of that may have prevented other bidders from bidding against me on this one. Any input is appreciated.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I won an auction from a reputable seller for Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch 2520 annual points 3BR Gold for $999, which was the starting bid. i was happy because I have been watching and waiting a while for the right Hyatt deal to come along. This is my first Hyatt purchase. My first concern was there was no other bidders. Second concern is passing ROFR. I just want to make sure that I am not missing something as I definitely expected bid competition with over 30 other bidders watching the auction. 2019 usage is included and I have to pay $1622 2019 maintenance fee, $550 closing, $650 RTF. It seems like it is a fair to good maintenance fee per point, the week is 36 according to estoppel, even though exact week number was not in auction listing. If transfer goes moderately quickly, say 3 or 4 months, I have a good chance of getting access to points while still in CUP. Worst case scenario I get LCUP which I may be able to use as well. I also love Texas, used to live there, so visiting during my actual week is appealing to me, although many years I would want to use the points option to go other places in Hyatt system. Can anyone think of something I should be aware of that may have prevented other bidders from bidding against me on this one. Any input is appreciated.
I was one of the watchers, already own 3 June weeks and an EOYO at HWOR. I passed on this because 1. We would never go in the Fall; and 2. The 3 BR’s are more like a 2BR and a Studio with a foyer/hallway separating the two units, not ideal for families with children. But the points value is good:! 64 cents per point vs 62 cents for the 2 BRs. Very reasonable. Should be a great trader.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I watched it and passed on it because the seller asked for 2019 fees reimbursement, while HRPP already expired. Also, seller is reputable, but not very familiar with Hyatt. Average value points-wise, I've seen a lot better. And September week is during school, so I cannot use the week. If you can use the week, then great.

vice

TUG Member
Reaction score
I watched it and passed on it because the seller asked for 2019 fees reimbursement, while HRPP already expired. Also, seller is reputable, but not very familiar with Hyatt. Average value points-wise, I've seen a lot better. And September week is during school, so I cannot use the week. If you can use the week, then great.

I was one of the watchers, already own 3 June weeks and an EOYO at HWOR. I passed on this because 1. We would never go in the Fall; and 2. The 3 BR’s are more like a 2BR and a Studio with a foyer/hallway separating the two units, not ideal for families with children. But the points value is good:! 64 cents per point vs 62 cents for the 2 BRs. Very reasonable. Should be a great trader.

Thanks for the input so far echino and dagger1. I figured reimbursement of maintenance fees was one of the primary factors preventing other bidders from bidding. I am aware that Pinon Pointe has a reputation of lower maintenance fees per point but what are some other examples when you say you've seen a lot better. Asking so I can keep an eye out in the future. Most of the Platinum and Diamond weeks I am seeing in 3 BR that would give me 100 to 400 points per year more for the same maintenance fee are wanting $5k to $15k more for the initial purchase price. To me its not worth the substantial initial investment for a few hundred more points. Thanks again guys and gals.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Thanks for the input so far echino and dagger1. I figured reimbursement of maintenance fees was one of the primary factors preventing other bidders from bidding. I am aware that Pinon Pointe has a reputation of lower maintenance fees per point but what are some other examples when you say you've seen a lot better. Asking so I can keep an eye out in the future. Most of the Platinum and Diamond weeks I am seeing in 3 BR that would give me 100 to 400 points per year more for the same maintenance fee are wanting $5k to $15k more for the initial purchase price. To me its not worth the substantial initial investment for a few hundred more points. Thanks again guys and gals.
HWOR is really popular in the summer and anytime school is out. A lot of Texans are owners there because it’s an easy drive to San Antonio (we live in Houston). September is still warm down here, you should try it. You can get a lot of stays at the various Hyatt’s with your points, all of which are awesome. You can try to trade into Hyatt Ka’anapali which would only cost you 2200 points and leave you with 320 points for a low season 3-4 night stay at several Hyatt’s all for only your $1622 MF. You are going to enjoy learning how to use your TS and points.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score

Glad a TUGger got it. I too was a watcher. Did not buy because kids will be in school, and I would have to explain another Hyatt purchase to my wife. :)

As dagger1 pointed out, this will make for a great trader in the Hyatt system.

brdweb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House
I am happy to report that I made it through ROFR at HBH on my $2150 Ebay Plat week. Only took 8 days as well. Sent to Hyatt on the 11th and the waiver was sent back on the 19th. New deed was sent to be recorded on the 20th so things are moving much faster than I had feared. It's week 25 so even though the listing on ebay said no 2019 usage I'm thinking there could be another reservation somewhere else in the system or possible an II exchange. We'll see.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am happy to report that I made it through ROFR at HBH on my $2150 Ebay Plat week. Only took 8 days as well. Sent to Hyatt on the 11th and the waiver was sent back on the 19th. New deed was sent to be recorded on the 20th so things are moving much faster than I had feared. It's week 25 so even though the listing on ebay said no 2019 usage I'm thinking there could be another reservation somewhere else in the system or possible an II exchange. We'll see.

Congratulations!

You won't be able to use your week 25 as deeded, but will probably have 2000 points to play with.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Congratulations, I'm excited that so many of us at HBH have passed ROFR in the last 6 months or so...very exciting...

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Riviera Beach and Spa, Dana Point
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Well, I am very close to the finish line… I also purchased an Ebay Beach House week for a great price, and low and behold, it made it through the ROFR. All of this was thanks to tug! I was reading this string and saw where someone had won a Beach House on Ebay for a low price, but ended up giving it back because they had 2 of them. When this unit was put back on auction I knew what the winning price was going to be, and just bid a little bit higher..

Anyway, I have been pretty amazed at how long this process takes. Having purchased timeshares before, it has never been this long.

Process Steps:
  1. Purchase Agreement - Start 11/1, Complete 11/21/18
  2. ROFR - Start 11/21, Complete 1/22/19
  3. Title Search - Start 1/22. Complete 2/11/19
  4. Escrow/Deed Prep - Start 2/11, Complete 3/08/19
  5. 2019 Dues (for 2020 wk) - Complete 3/26/19
  6. Record Deed - Start 3/8, ECD 4/8
  7. Membership Activation - ECD 2-3 wks
  8. Interval Reservations - ECD 1wk (deadline 4/26)

After seeing how long this was going to take, I was concerned about what I was going to do with the week that is on the books, since I did not want it to go into LCUP. Then I saw the description on this same string about how to trade for a couple of weeks on Interval and purchase the Eplus to be able to make use of my new purchase week. Thanks again to tug!!!

So as you can see from the table, I should be a Hyatt Beach House owner in about 1 month. Wife and I are looking forward to some great vacations with this timeshare.

Thanks to all of you very informative tuggers!

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
That seems too long a time. Both my purchases took under 60 days, but that was not thru Ebay. About 3 weeks from start to get through ROFR, maybe another 2 or 3 weeks getting the title registered and Hyatt recognizing the the new ownership. I bought (great price) from a realtor and they used a very good title company. I would say, they know how to get things done with Hyatt. Just to note, this was before the Marriott reorganization. Congrats, Beach house is on the "quite side", and close to Stock Island. The Hogfish is a place you should check out.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, I am very close to the finish line… I also purchased an Ebay Beach House week for a great price, and low and behold, it made it through the ROFR. All of this was thanks to tug! I was reading this string and saw where someone had won a Beach House on Ebay for a low price, but ended up giving it back because they had 2 of them. When this unit was put back on auction I knew what the winning price was going to be, and just bid a little bit higher..

Anyway, I have been pretty amazed at how long this process takes. Having purchased timeshares before, it has never been this long.

Process Steps:
  1. Purchase Agreement - Start 11/1, Complete 11/21/18
  2. ROFR - Start 11/21, Complete 1/22/19
  3. Title Search - Start 1/22. Complete 2/11/19
  4. Escrow/Deed Prep - Start 2/11, Complete 3/08/19
  5. 2019 Dues (for 2020 wk) - Complete 3/26/19
  6. Record Deed - Start 3/8, ECD 4/8
  7. Membership Activation - ECD 2-3 wks
  8. Interval Reservations - ECD 1wk (deadline 4/26)

After seeing how long this was going to take, I was concerned about what I was going to do with the week that is on the books, since I did not want it to go into LCUP. Then I saw the description on this same string about how to trade for a couple of weeks on Interval and purchase the Eplus to be able to make use of my new purchase week. Thanks again to tug!!!

So as you can see from the table, I should be a Hyatt Beach House owner in about 1 month. Wife and I are looking forward to some great vacations with this timeshare.

Thanks to all of you very informative tuggers!

Congrats, on your purchase. My girlfriend that bought at HBH took as long as yours to get through the process. I was fortunate that mine went a bit quicker. What price did you pay for HBH and what week did you score? I'm very excited in that I was able to use my points for a week next February 2020 and for time in December of this year...

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Riviera Beach and Spa, Dana Point
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Congrats, on your purchase. My girlfriend that bought at HBH took as long as yours to get through the process. I was fortunate that mine went a bit quicker. What price did you pay for HBH and what week did you score? I'm very excited in that I was able to use my points for a week next February 2020 and for time in December of this year...
I paid $4150 for 2200 point week 17 (last week) in April). That is why the 4/26 deadline. This included all fees as well as the 2018/2019 week, which I will have to turn into a couple of weeks in Interval.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I paid $4150 for 2200 point week 17 (last week) in April). That is why the 4/26 deadline. This included all fees as well as the 2018/2019 week, which I will have to turn into a couple of weeks in Interval.
Great price and congrats on passing ROFR. I hope that your name is quickly put on the deed so that you can use your points in II

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We made an offer (accepted) for an EOYO 2/2 Hyatt Ka’anapali Ocean View on March 12th. Title Company electronically forwarded ROFR documentation to Hyatt on Wednesday, March 13th. Hyatt Ka’anapali has a 15 “day” decision period to either exercise or waive ROFR. Today is day 20 and there has been no word from Hyatt. This has been discussed before, but are there any remedies or suggestions. I am guessing we just have to wait for a Hyatt answer...