• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just home from Cancun Club Regina on 2/04.

DonnaD

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
We just returned from a great trip to Cancun Club Regina. Most of the units are up and occupied. The glass has been replaced, the furniture appears to be the same, the resort has been painted. Staff said it was like sandblasted by the storm. Some of the floor tiles seem a little chipped in places. The pools are warm except the wading pool/hot tub. There is restaurant service at the snack bar/pool area. I believe that they serve a buffet breakfast in the sales room.
all of the staff worked hard to get everything clean and ready for guests and members. They did a great job. The palm trees are damaged but have signs of new life. Teh beach is beautiful and the retaining walls and stairs are gone. the beach just slopes down from the walkway area.
We were able to snorkel at Puncta Nizuc but needed water shoes to walk over the rocky area in front of Club Med. club Med is not open and they won't allow you on their walks. they are busy making repairs.

The Cancun airport had about 3 times more people in it that we had ever seen there. Be prepared to stand in line on the way in and out of Cancun. Get to airport early.

We all had a great experience but it was sad to see that about half of the hotels are not open.
DonnaD

quiltergal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the report Donna. I'm glad to hear Club Regina was able to get things back in order relatively quickly. In the RVC newsletter they said the hotel was pretty badly damaged. Was it open yet when you were there? Any word on Villa Vera Isla Mujeres?

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
DonnaD said:

The Cancun airport had about 3 times more people in it that we had ever seen there. Be prepared to stand in line on the way in and out of Cancun. Get to airport early.

We all had a great experience but it was sad to see that about half of the hotels are not open.
DonnaD
If half the hotels are still closed, why is the airport so crowded?

MusicMan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the limited flights into Cozumel has increased the number of passengers using the fly-to-Cancun/bus-to-playa/ferry-to-Cozumel option.

DonnaD

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
Cancun Airport busy...???

The airport lines were huge. they were inspecting luggage, but I have never seen so many people lines up going through customs on our way in or out. I think that maybe they are concentrating the flights into a more compact timeframe perhaps? I really don't know. I do know that all of the available units at Club Regina were full. Perhaps that is the case in the available hotels. The restaurants that we visited were not packed but had a pretty good crowd.

I believe some of the people were going south and not into Cancun. Nothing seemed crowded except the airport.

I am not sure of the condition of Villa Vera on Isla Mujeres. i believe it is open because one fo the representatives said that she had worked there the day before.

they had photos of hurricane damage of the resort and of Cancun on the bulletin boards. I thought the place looked fresh and nice, excpet for the palm trees that are struggling to grow new palms. A few looked "topless" and they may have to be replaced but the focus was on getting the resort back together. The sales room was busy.

the hotel looks like it hasn't been touched except to start clean-up. We snuck up on the grounds to see the pools. The pools are ok and half full of water. Teh sand behind the retaining walls is missing and broken concrete and rocks are exposed.

The big ship that will pump sand back onto the beach was on site, but I don't know if they have begun the operation yet. It is further up the beach.

I believe that the newsletter said that the beach is not open, but it is and we used it. The waves were pretty strong, but it was great. Snorkeling was good and I didn't see terrible damage to reef or sea fans in most of the area by Club Med.

If you have otehr questions, I will try to answer them.
DonnaD

dhr38@aol.com

Reaction score
Were there any other amenities up and running? Things like massage, workout rooms and evening dining? Were there palapas on the beach to use? We plan on going there for Easter.