• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just got back from Holiday Inn Resort Orange Lake Orlando/Disney.It did not compare to Vidanta obviously.Is there any on par similar level to Vidanta?

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
We often travel with Our cousins family with 2 children as well to whistler, Disney etc. On their RCI.

Is there any comparable to vidanta? We love vidanta because of the architecture/design, landscape, cleanliness, service etc. It is up there with what we are used to in Vancouver the very chic and modern hotels.

I'm just curious as to what is comparable that would be even worth exchanging into because I havent exchanged our weeks before nor am i sure we want to unless we are getting something close to equal. We are spoiled at vidanta and I havent seen anything comparable.

Just want to know if we are missing out on anything else LOL

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions thanks!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Through RCI probably not. There are other nice Mexican resorts that may be on better beaches but still not quite at the Vidanta level. Nothing in the US, Asia, Europe or Canada.

Through Interval International, the Four Season Resorts are quite nice but doesn't have the size or scope of the resort amenities.

You probably would be happiest just sticking to your home resort.

If you have access to the registry collection, you might find some nice units in Canada and the US although probably only off and shoulder season and again while the units may be equal the size and scope of the amenities won't be the same.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I’ve seen Ritz Carlton St Thomas and a couple other places in Third Home, but haven’t tried staying there. I imagine they would be fairly decent, but quite an expensive way to go.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
We often travel with Our cousins family with 2 children as well to whistler, Disney etc. On their RCI.

Is there any comparable to vidanta? We love vidanta because of the architecture/design, landscape, cleanliness, service etc. It is up there with what we are used to in Vancouver the very chic and modern hotels.

I'm just curious as to what is comparable that would be even worth exchanging into because I havent exchanged our weeks before nor am i sure we want to unless we are getting something close to equal. We are spoiled at vidanta and I havent seen anything comparable.

Depends on what you're comparing to.
Do you mean the accommodations?
Location?
Beach/pools?
All the above?

There's some nice ones in II (not sure about RCI) like Solaz (Cabo) and Ocho Cascades (in PV).

But in the US? Not that I'm aware of, but then again, when we go to Florida it's for Jan/Feb and the water is way too cold (for me) to be swimming then, vs. the Caribbean.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Mexico resorts are definitely outstanding and provide service and unit quality that many other timeshares do not have. Vidanta has had to step up their game to sell to the masses who travel to Mexico, and the only way to do that is to give 5 star experiences to every guest. How would they sell anything with an Orange Lake experience?

What section did you get at Orange Lake?

You stayed at Holiday Inn, a mediocre timeshare system, especially when you consider that some of their accommodations are superior to the other accommodations. I have stayed at Orange Lake in a couple of really old units and was not impressed at all.

If you compare to Marriott and Vistana, and even Hilton, you might have a different opinion. But of those three, you can only get Hilton and Vistana resorts through RCI. I see Vistana leaving RCI in the future, with the Marriott takeover of those resorts.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I see Vistana leaving RCI in the future, with the Marriott takeover of those resorts.
Vistana technically is not affiliated with RCI. It is the older resorts that have dual affiliation that you can still trade with RCI. You can't trade Flex Options or the newer resorts in RCI. Their official affiliation is with II. I don't see them removing the ability to trade in RCI for those resorts that do now.

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Through RCI probably not. There are other nice Mexican resorts that may be on better beaches but still not quite at the Vidanta level. Nothing in the US, Asia, Europe or Canada.

Through Interval International, the Four Season Resorts are quite nice but doesn't have the size or scope of the resort amenities.

You probably would be happiest just sticking to your home resort.

If you have access to the registry collection, you might find some nice units in Canada and the US although probably only off and shoulder season and again while the units may be equal the size and scope of the amenities won't be the same.

Then I think we made the right choice to join although the food/drink is kind of pricey and I feel they shouldn't charge such a high "get away with as much as we can for member fee" sales tactics. I understand it is a resort and we will pay a premium for the food and drink prices

I feel the usage fee is already enough and the eating at their restaurants buying drinks etc. But that's just my point of view and I'm sure many others too. I'm at a grand mayan level but once you get to the GL level the weekly usage fees are getting up there for a typical family such as ours so even though we would like to be grand luxxe I dont know when I will upgrade to GL. Maybe when the right deal I can negotiate comes around.
Mexico resorts are definitely outstanding and provide service and unit quality that many other timeshares do not have. Vidanta has had to step up their game to sell to the masses who travel to Mexico, and the only way to do that is to give 5 star experiences to every guest. How would they sell anything with an Orange Lake experience?

What section did you get at Orange Lake?

You stayed at Holiday Inn, a mediocre timeshare system, especially when you consider that some of their accommodations are superior to the other accommodations. I have stayed at Orange Lake in a couple of really old units and was not impressed at all.

If you compare to Marriott and Vistana, and even Hilton, you might have a different opinion. But of those three, you can only get Hilton and Vistana resorts through RCI. I see Vistana leaving RCI in the future, with the Marriott takeover of those resorts.

We were in a renovated 2 bed suite ground floor condo backing onto the golf course in north village.

I understand rci will not be the greatest offerings. Our whistler accommodations were just ok.

I agree with what you say. Vidanta does what they do to sell units.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

Where does your cousin own? I assume they are the ones exchanging for Holiday Inn and DVC?

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Depends on what you're comparing to.
Do you mean the accommodations?
Location?
Beach/pools?
All the above?

There's some nice ones in II (not sure about RCI) like Solaz (Cabo) and Ocho Cascades (in PV).

But in the US? Not that I'm aware of, but then again, when we go to Florida it's for Jan/Feb and the water is way too cold (for me) to be swimming then, vs. the Caribbean.

That echos cascades looks cool for a few nights.

Also the solaz looks very nice as well

But I didnt mean just inside an exchange. I meant to say is there anything comparable to vidanta not just in an exchange.

In general is there anything comparable to vidanta is what I meant

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Where does your cousin own? I assume they are the ones exchanging for Holiday Inn and DVC?

I'm not sure where he owns but we have went with them to the Hilton resort near legoland.

Also Hilton grand vacations in kona Hawaii.

Both were just ok but typical just a pool hot tub standard type resort near legoland.

Nothing to the size scale and attention to detail as vidanta

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I'm not sure where he owns but we have went with them to the Hilton resort near legoland.

Also Hilton grand vacations in kona Hawaii.

Both were just ok but typical just a pool hot tub standard type resort near legoland.

Nothing to the size scale and attention to detail as vidanta
Never have been to vidanta. Do they charge all inclusive fees?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I've heard that sometimes maybe off season it can be. But I'm not sure how available they are. Might be snapped up quick

Almost all of the Vidanta resorts trade easily in RCI in the shoulder and low seasons (May - December) and you can occasionally get there in the high season. They build for the high season occupancy and use the excess in the various exchanges as a source of sales prospects. They do charge fairly high resort fees, but exchanging back into Vidanta with a less expensive TS can be cheaper overall than going there through a direct ownership - keep that in mind if you ever go there and go to a sales presentation.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

I
It depends on the vidanta resort and location . The resort in mazatlan isn't as nice as orange lake, imo. The Mayan palace at many Vedanta resorts are a lower quality than many resorts.

Bill

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
You can trade in pretty easy through II. Often in getaways too.
I never looked into vidanta. But if it’s in interval maybe I’ll check it out

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There is a $420 resort fee per 2 br when exchanging through rci or II. The fee is $75 if exchanging through sfx.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is a $420 resort fee per 2 br when exchanging through rci or II. The fee is $75 if exchanging through sfx.

Depends on the location for RCI/II.

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Never have been to vidanta. Do they charge all inclusive fees?
At Nuevo Vallarta you can buy a meal plan 6 x 3 course dinners or lunches plus
6 breakfasts/buffets for I think around $300-$350 or something like that

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, Wyndham Midtown 45
Is that worth the price? the meal plan 6 x 3 course dinners or lunches plus
6 breakfasts/buffets for I think around $300-$350?

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Marriott timeshares are on par with Vidanta and they do not charge a resort fee, nor do they exclude exchangers from using certain amenities.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I haven't seen anything like the Vidanta morning buffet. They actually had sushi.

Bill

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I never looked into vidanta. But if it’s in interval maybe I’ll check it out
We considered trading in years ago, but once they implemented the outrageous resort fees we stopped looking. With access to Lagunamar, which has ocean views, there really isn't any need to go to Vidanta in RM where there are no views of the water.