• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

just got a call from a developer

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, it was a rep. Offering the free weekend deal. I have my choices of Massanutten (she pronounced it Mass a noot en). Or Williamsburg or the Berkshires in Virginia! I asked several times where the Berkshires were. Finally she said, oh, Massachusetts.
She never mentioned the presentation, of course. I said we couldn't make a commitment today but to call back at the end of Feb. Then we'll have figured out which dates we would like to go to Williamsburg. It really has been on our list to get back there. And we only have time for a short trip, just to get out of the house.
I don't even know which company she represents. We know what we are getting into and are adept at saying no. It's just funny she really didn't know what she was talking about.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
At Least She Didn't Say It "Mass Of Nuthen."

It's just funny she really didn't know what she was talking about.
Shux, 1/2 the time I don't know what I'm talking about, but that doesn't slow me down any.

As to which timeshare company was making the promotional offer, I'd guess Lando Resorts. I think they're the folks selling Massanutten, & no doubt they've got timeshares in those other locations as well.

Earlier this month we stayed (on Last Call ) at a Lando timeshare in Kissimmee FL -- Vacation Village At Parkway. We like that timeshare & no doubt will stay there again some January.

I don't think I've ever not seen Vacation Village At Parkway available on Last Call. The resort is huge, with lots of mid-rise buildings up & running, more under construction, & several others on the drawing board after those are completed. If they're able to keep going, plans call for 25 of those mid-rise condo buildings before they're done.

I expect to see Vacation Village At Parkway on the Last Call list for years & years to come.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Steve NH

TUG Member
Reaction score
All of those resort are managed by Great Eastern Resorts.

I've stayed at all but the Williamsburg one.

Massanutten is my fav. (go there at least once a year)Mostly due to all they activities available. But if I remember at Massanutten they have a hotel unit that they mostly use for the 'free stays'. Do you have a family, tell them you have four kids and need a place to accomadate all. If they put you in a real timeshare unit and it's less than a days drive I'd do it.

The place in the berkshires is brand new. (Was just there last month). For the winter the only activity is skiing. (Can see the slopes from the place)

Vacation Village Orlando I like if you are looking to be in Orando.

The biggest catch - you will most likely have to agree to 'tour' while you are there.

jdetar

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, it was a rep. Offering the free weekend deal. I have my choices of Massanutten (she pronounced it Mass a noot en). Or Williamsburg or the Berkshires in Virginia! I asked several times where the Berkshires were. Finally she said, oh, Massachusetts.
She never mentioned the presentation, of course. I said we couldn't make a commitment today but to call back at the end of Feb. Then we'll have figured out which dates we would like to go to Williamsburg. It really has been on our list to get back there. And we only have time for a short trip, just to get out of the house.
I don't even know which company she represents. We know what we are getting into and are adept at saying no. It's just funny she really didn't know what she was talking about.

Massanutten is very cheap to trade into. You can get any 2BR unit at their gold crown's for almost any week for 8,500 RCI points. We're going in two weeks staying at the Summit for this. So if you have to drive a lot to get there, the costs may outweigh the benefit.