• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

just FINALLY completed a resale WKV purchase

seenett

TUG Member
Reaction score
As the title states, I just completed a private resale (purchase) for Kierland. This is a 1 bedroom (large) annual gold week. Both parties lived out of state, so it was done by mail. No agents or 3rd parties involved.

• Late August 2015: Purchase agreement signed. Seller had to draw up a new title, we both signed, and sent it to the Maricopa County Clerk for recording.This took FOREVER! Seller actually had to do this twice (some kind of error the first time)
  • Late December 2015: Learned the title had been recorded. Seller then sent a copy of the recorded title to Starwood to make sure he was completely removed from SVN.
  • Early February 2016: I received a very generic computer generated statement confirming SVN's acknowledgment of my ownership and the contract number. SVN had set up a new ownership accounts even though the title information was exactly the same as my existing SVN property. I asked them to "merge" the accounts so I could combine Options if I wanted, and of course also to avoid a 2nd SVN annual fee.
  • Mid February 2016: My SVN owner account now shows both weeks, everything is kosher and correct.

Overall, a pretty smooth transaction - but it did take almost 6 months!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Congrats! And nice seeing you!!!! :hi:

That is the problem with dealing directly with an owner. It's worth a few bucks ($150) to use a reputable closing company that knows what they are doing.

You will have a 2nd, but reduced, SVN fee.

Last edited:

seenett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice to "see" you too Denise!

If I were the seller, I'd absolutely use a closing company. But since the seller was willing to pay all the closing/transfer fees, I figured I'd just see how things went with him trying it his way. And I paid him a total of ONE CENT for the unit. If I ended up with a free one bedroom WKV after the process, great. If not, no big deal. Just cost me a few stamps, a penny and some waiting time!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I am not as patient, or trusting - I'd rather spend $150! But I'm glad it worked out for you!

Just in time for Starwood to leave and new Mgmt. to take over... :D

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Almost all reputable closing companies have access to electronic recording -- (I'd say "all", but no doubt someone would come up with a corner case somewhere).

This totally speeds up the process. Going the do it yourself snail mail route is asking for a large delay in the process since most county recorders are now staffed to accommodate mostly electronic recording.

Glad it worked out for you.

-ryan

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Nice to "see" you too Denise!

If I were the seller, I'd absolutely use a closing company. But since the seller was willing to pay all the closing/transfer fees, I figured I'd just see how things went with him trying it his way. And I paid him a total of ONE CENT for the unit. If I ended up with a free one bedroom WKV after the process, great. If not, no big deal. Just cost me a few stamps, a penny and some waiting time!

I think for a penny I would have done the same thing… CONGATS on your purchase...