• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just Bought

vybert

Reaction score
Well... wish me luck.

I just purchased a 280K point Wyndham property in Hawaii on Ebay for $600. That is about thirty five thousand dollars less than they wanted to sell the same number of points at another Hawaiian property to me for at the presentation I went to a couple weeks ago :whoopie:

This site has been a great help in learning the process and what to look for. Thanks to everyone here!!

Now with luck the transfer process will go off without a hitch! If you can think of any pitfalls I need to be aware of at this point shout em out :) ...and thanks again

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Good for you! Resale is amazing for Wyndham points. One day, the company is going to do something about it, but for now, the resale prices are literally less than 10% of retail. It's crazy!

Bill4728

Reaction score
Congrats!!

One thing to mention,

Wyndham bought out several nice hawaiian TS resorts a few years ago from a company named PAHIO. Was the resort you bought at part of PAHIO? If it was, the man who used to own PAHIO has been blocking the sales of units at the resort by saying thet he as a ROFR on the weeks. Most of the time that isn't true! But read in this thread about how to deal with this if it comes up PAHIO ROFR thread

Good Luck

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fantastic! I'm glad that you had the education from TUG that saved you from a VERY costly mistake.

Stay with us and continue to learn!

So glad to hear your good news! :clap:

Sue

S

Steamboat Bill

I just purchased a 280K point Wyndham property in Hawaii on Ebay for $600. That is about thirty five thousand dollars less than they wanted to sell the same number of points at another Hawaiian property to me for at the presentation I went to a couple weeks ago

I don't know anything about the Wyndham timeshares...but it is getting time for me to learn as this is an unreal price, if the quality is good.

Learn from the pros...buy when prices are low and sell when prices are high...geeze, how much lower can Wyndham get???

Heck, use it once and it already pays for itself.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wyndham is a truae timeshare bargain but only at resale price

I don't know anything about the Wyndham timeshares...but it is getting time for me to learn as this is an unreal price, if the quality is good.

Learn from the pros...buy when prices are low and sell when prices are high...geeze, how much lower can Wyndham get???

Heck, use it once and it already pays for itself.

Wyndham continues to build top quality resorts in high demand and/or under served locations. A point is a point with Wyndham - they all spend the same and get the same units/resorts. At $.01 more or less the cost can't get much lower, fees are reasonable and the internal resort selection just continues to improve. We've never had a problem getting the resort/unit/dates we wanted and we are "plain old" members with 256,000 points. No VIP, no nothing - just a very easy to use and enjoyable system. Plus you get a free (well, in the annual fee but again that is reasonable) full RCI weeks membership that allows you to stretch small points deposits into full weeks and often 2 br+ in RCI AND gets you "request first" with RCI. Before you give up your points you know that the resort/dates are one you want for regular RCI trades. Overall it is one of the truly great values in all of timesharing with one very glaring and extremely important caveat. DO NOT EVER pay retail for Wyndham Points! If you do you have guaranteed yourself a 90%+ loss of value on the 8th day (or whenever the rescind period ends) while paying exactly the same annual fees and other charges as those who purchased for 90% less resale. The touted "VIP" cannot actually offer anything of value if it affects the base rights of the points ownership so the things they can do are pretty much fluff and certainly not worth tens of thousands of dollars in upfront costs saved with non-VIPresale purchase and those limited perks can and have been reduced. Not worth all that cash upfront to possibly save $10 twenty years down the road.

Once you try it I'll bet you'll like it.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
What are the top 5 or 10 Wyndham resorts?

Different people will have different lists but we'd put Bonnet Creek, Alexandria, VA, Royal Vista, Grand Desert and Bentley Brook (if you are a skier) as our top five. We haven't been to Seawatch yet (extremely seasonal) so that may make the list when we go.

One of the best things about FSP are all the locations they offer - some are older but usually well maintained - quite often we can go to an area we want to visit without leaving the FSP internal system. I'm not absolutely sure but I think they have the most internal and associate resorts of any mini-system. Makes it easy to go where you want.

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
if one were to purchase one from ebay what would a person be looking for? how do you know how many points you get with the unit and if they are part of the FSP? are all the points transferred to the new resale owner?i live in new york and would love a place that we could occasionally drive to but must be nice, where would you suggest?

how easy is it to actually go to the other units in the system with points?

Pressedfairie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was this a wanted_weeks auction?

I just purchased a 280K point Wyndham property in Hawaii on Ebay for $600.

I was watching this auction on ebay and thought about bidding, however I was unsure about buying from that ebay seller as he did not have a long history of selling timeshares. You may want to check out this thread, as there has been some discussion about this seller. I hope everything turns out okay with this deal - it was an excellent bargain.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70909

I've been lurking on this forum for about 6 months and I finally feel educated enough to buy some points. Thanks to everyone here for such useful information.

Tanya

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of Wyndhams around

if one were to purchase one from ebay what would a person be looking for? how do you know how many points you get with the unit and if they are part of the FSP? are all the points transferred to the new resale owner?i live in new york and would love a place that we could occasionally drive to but must be nice, where would you suggest?

how easy is it to actually go to the other units in the system with points?

Buy a resale in the NE - there are plenty of Wyndham resorts to choose from. Most of the resorts built after 1995 - the vast majority - are automatically in the FSP Points system. Some of the older resorts were sold as weeks & then converted - there can be some issues with that so best to get "natural" points.

The newest resorts tend to have the lowest fees BUT thats because Wyndham runs them and keeps them low to boost sales. Plan on hikes and even special assessments to make up later for those "savings". It has happened at most older resorts already so they may actually offer the lower fees over the long term.

The true beauty of the system is a point is a point. Meaning that if you have the points required for a unit/resort/date you can go there. It can't be any simpler and where those points are based, for the most part, simply doesn't matter. The only real exception is the 13 month "home resort" reservation advantage vs 10 months for all others. We've never had to use the 13 month and never had a problem getting what we wanted at 10 months or less. Sometimes much less.

bookworm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not been to these yet, but some of the newest ones that get highest praise include Panama City Beach, Glacier Canyon (Wisconsin Dells), and Oceanside CA (location, location.) These have opened within the last two years or so. Any FSP points will get you into these locations (though the amount of points needed is more than at older resorts.) New locations come up all the time. New units are being built in the Poconos (a short drive from New York) to open later this year. Atlantic City and Hancock MA resorts are not far. There are a number of choices within a drive of the northeast and plenty of opportunities for short stays with points. How "nice" they are is individual choice, but you can always check reviews and also check distance to each resort from your location on the Wyndhamvacationresorts.com site.

vybert

Reaction score
I was watching this auction on ebay and thought about bidding, however I was unsure about buying from that ebay seller as he did not have a long history of selling timeshares. You may want to check out this thread, as there has been some discussion about this seller. I hope everything turns out okay with this deal - it was an excellent bargain.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70909

Tanya

Well, he "listed" the wrong property. As I get the contract it turns out its actually for the Royal Sea Cliff and not the Kona Hawaiian :confused: As I see it, the home location isn't that huge a deal since both resorts are practically next door to each other ( unless someone knows otherwise ). It is making me take a much closer look at the paperwork however.

Thanks for not bidding me up Tanya :)

Pressedfairie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Points are Points

As I get the contract it turns out its actually for the Royal Sea Cliff and not the Kona Hawaiian

Fortunately with Wyndham FSP, points are points anyway. The Royal Sea Cliffs is oceanfront and is just down the road from the Kona Hawaiian Village. It is still an incredible deal for 280K points in Hawaii! One of the nice things about owning in Hawaii is that in addition to being able to exchange with RCI, you can also exchange with Trading Places International. And the maintenance fees aren't too bad either. Congrats on your purchase (I'm jealous :p )

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, if you decide to go through with the deal, you'll be just as pleased. Good luck with your new purchase.

Sue

Last edited: