• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just bought Welk Points after 2 Auditions Packages

Reaction score
Hi all,
I wanted to see whether you thought it would be best to rescind my contract.
I bought 2 auditions packages with Welk before total of $6000 for 600,000 points, which ended up being a pretty good thing for us since we were actually able to use it and it was more flexible than just renting, but we just upgraded to full time ownership with 120,000 points every other year for $7k (down from $13k with our auditions packages applied) with a maintance fee of $1k.
Does this seem like an ok deal or should I rescind? I still have 3 more days still the end of the 7 day period.
I liked the Welk resorts especially Tahoe ones and I liked the flexibility of trading with RCI. I also like that I could purchase extra days from them at a discount $300 per night for a 3 bedroom that normally costs $1500 but I am worried about the availability of this.
Let me know what you think. I know resale is normally the way to go but I thought this was an ok deal since Welk has first right of refusal on resales.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score

Does this seem like an ok deal or should I rescind?

I'll tell you what most here on TUG would say to someone in this situation. The fact that you are wondering about this should be a signal to rescind. Forget about what the sales person told you. Despite what s/he or they said, that deal will be there available next week, month, or year if you want it. The chance to rescind won't.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
As a former Welk Platinum Program owner, I would recommend that you rescind your purchase.

The auditions package of 600k points would get you two weeks in a 2BR unit in Escondido. I don't recall what that would get you in Tahoe, but either similar or less since their newer properties tend to require a higher level of points. I am pretty sure that you could rent those units for less than $6,000.

The 120k points that you bought for $7,000 would only get you one week in a studio (small 1BR) unit in Escondido. Again, I am not sure about Tahoe, but likely similar or less.

If you are new to timesharing, which I assume you are, you would do well to rescind and then do more research to decide which system and locations would work best for you. This type of offer from Welk will be there in the future if you ultimately decide that is the direction in which you would like to go.

Best regards.

Mike

JayMalotti

Reaction score
Hi all,
I bought 2 auditions packages with Welk before total of $6000 for 600,000 points, which ended up being a pretty good thing for us since we were actually able to use it and it was more flexible than just renting, but we just upgraded to full time ownership with 120,000 points every other year for $7k (down from $13k with our auditions packages applied) with a maintance fee of $1k.
Does this seem like an ok deal or should I rescind? I still have 3 more days still the end of the 7 day period.
I liked the Welk resorts especially Tahoe ones and I liked the flexibility of trading with RCI. I also like that I could purchase extra days from them at a discount $300 per night for a 3 bedroom that normally costs $1500 but I am worried about the availability of this.
Let me know what you think. I know resale is normally the way to go but I thought this was an ok deal since Welk has first right of refusal on resales.
120k points on eBay is going for about $3,500. The resale market is the way to go with timeshares

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind immediately while you still have the chance. After all, you can still go back and buy again another time should you regret rescinding. But don't worry, you won't regret it at all when all is said and done!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
quite literally the number one reason to rescind, is if you have even a single unanswered question or doubt about your purchase.

you will ALWAYS have the ability to buy from the salesman again anytime in the future for the exact same price (and even less on the resale market)

however you will NOT be able to cancel after your rescission period has passed and this is always only a matter of days.