• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just bought Solaz, should I keep it?

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
Nice place, love the pools...1 bedroom total about 39k, 30% down, the remaining amount is on a no credit check 0% finance for 24 months, MF will be about 1200 a year.
we have until tomorrow to rescind...been doing a lot of research, but can't find much info on resale...
it's a 25 RTU with a free 2nd room (pay MF only) from may to sept every year.

thoughts?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's too much. You OWN nothing. If you rent, you pay nothing unless you use. I'd rescind.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Nice place, love the pools...1 bedroom total about 39k, 30% down, the remaining amount is on a no credit check 0% finance for 24 months, MF will be about 1200 a year.
we have until tomorrow to rescind...been doing a lot of research, but can't find much info on resale...

thoughts?

It's a bit new to show up resale. We'll be trying it out next May through RCI weeks. Trades only in weeks, not in RCI points, but also trades in ThirdHome. $1,200 is high for 25 RTUs and the 1 BR Solaz units in ThirdHome have a key base of 1, which would get you keys at a cost of $400, so it would not be a good trading ownership. RCI weeks has a 1 in 4 rule for the resort, but there is no restriction for ThirdHome where. If it were me, I would rescind and to there by exchanging through ThirdHome using one of my other ownerships because there seems to be decent availability to exchange in and the other ones you have listed aren't RCI resorts, which would cost an additional membership fee.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
When I look booking through Marriott.com the price for a week is $4000-$8000 depending on time of year. On VRBO it is $2700-5000 depending on time of year. If you are going to stay a week most years over 25 years you probably would save money but its a lot to put up now and even more if you finance and who knows what kind of travel you will want to do in 10-15 years from now. I would stick to renting for a few years and if you still really love it then maybe...

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I would rescind.

We have learned that it is cheaper to rent. We have owned timeshares for a long time, but when you factor in upfront costs and MF, it is cheaper to rent. That first $39,000 comes to $1560 per year, then add the MF (which will always go up! So anything you rent for less than $2800 per week will be a bargain. You will most likely be able to get to stay in that resort for less than $2700.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It's a bit new to show up resale. We'll be trying it out next May through RCI weeks. Trades only in weeks, not in RCI points, but also trades in ThirdHome. $1,200 is high for 25 RTUs and the 1 BR Solaz units in ThirdHome have a key base of 1, which would get you keys at a cost of $400, so it would not be a good trading ownership. RCI weeks has a 1 in 4 rule for the resort, but there is no restriction for ThirdHome where. If it were me, I would rescind and to there by exchanging through ThirdHome using one of my other ownerships because there seems to be decent availability to exchange in and the other ones you have listed aren't RCI resorts, which would cost an additional membership fee.
I had that May one match on rci but released it because I was hoping for one of the 3 BR units. Yeah I know it isn't likely but I keep searches going for places just to see if any show up.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I had that May one match on rci but released it because I was hoping for one of the 3 BR units. Yeah I know it isn't likely but I keep searches going for places just to see if any show up.

I've never seen a 3 BR in RCI. I've seen them come up in ThirdHome and there are 4 availabilities there for the 2 BRs.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've never seen a 3 BR in RCI. I've seen them come up in ThirdHome and there are 4 availabilities there for the 2 BRs.
It came up in rci earlier this year but it was very last minute and probably a Covid thing.

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
ok, does anyone have any experience on how to rescind this while I am still in Cabos?
it says I have 5 working days, starting on the next working day...so assuming they work every day, tomorrow is the latest I can cancel.
Do I Have ppl send a registered mail from US to them or do it here locally (and how)?

thanks!

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Sunday does not count in your 5 days. You can do it in person, but go to Member Services - not Sales to do this. Take everything with you. Some resorts allow you to do this via email, but most say in writing and postmarked by the end of the 5th day.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

thoughts?

Solaz is near the One and Only Palmillia so it is in the high rent area. For me it wouldn't make any sense to own this resort unless you want to go to it every year. Supposedly the hwy will move farther inland so the hwy in front of these resorts becomes a resort access road. For $39K you could get resorts with access to many resorts. Next door to Solaz is a Taffer resort and a Garza Blanca which are new. They have multiple locations and because they are part of a resort system there are resales.

If you really like it keep it. If you have doubts then rescind. I am in the rescind now boat.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
ok, does anyone have any experience on how to rescind this while I am still in Cabos?
it says I have 5 working days, starting on the next working day...so assuming they work every day, tomorrow is the latest I can cancel.
Do I Have ppl send a registered mail from US to them or do it here locally (and how)?

thanks!

You can go to the front desk and hand them a note. Have the resort sign it and give you a copy. Then send an email. Then send a letter. Profeco says any communication will do as long as it proves a time. If you paid with your credit card call the card and let them know it isn't payable because you cancelled the membership.

Bill

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

thanks!

Registered Mail Is recognized internationally. Go to the Mexican Post Office and mail it via Registered Mail and retain a copy for yourself. Also be sure to keep the Post Office Receipt.

Any buyer who signed the purchase agreement will need to sign the Rescission paperwork.

GOOD MOVE to rescind while you still can. Study up and do your homework before purchasing again.

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score

I was lucky enough to find a 3 BR (RCI) this past January for our stay a few weeks ago. 45 TPU's.

Mark