• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just bought sight unseen at Celebrity orlando

pstam

Reaction score
Hi
Is there ANYONE who has been to Celebrity Resorts Orlando who could describe the resort to me SINCE the celebrity takeover? I am trying to find out condition of resort, amenities and overall experince at/with the resort. Is there any source, other than Celebrity's website for pic's?????

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
We Were There On "Tour" But Didn't See Anything.

When were at that resort in January 2006 on a sales presentation (maily but not exclusively for the freebies), the sales representative didn't even show us around. We didn't see the pool, nor any resort amenities, nor a timeshare condo unit. Not anything.

We just got the regular sales pitch right there in a back corner of the 2nd floor sales room -- mainly about the benefits of their (RCI) points system. They also tempted us by repeatedly increasing the number of free cruises they would throw in if we bought.

The sales guy didn't mention anything about any recent change in management. I just naturally assumed the Celebrity Resorts people are the same as the Celebrity Cruises people. (There weren't any actual celebrities around, not even any pictures of famous people.)

We actually would have liked seeing their model units, but the sales presentation took so long that we were ready to collect our freebies & head on back to the resort where we were staying (Vacation Village At Parkway, on RCI exchange) without stretching out the "tour" beyond the breaking point. So I didn't even ask about going to see 1 of their actual timeshare condos.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.

Last edited:

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
pstam said:
Hi
Is there ANYONE who has been to Celebrity Resorts Orlando who could describe the resort to me SINCE the celebrity takeover? I am trying to find out condition of resort, amenities and overall experince at/with the resort. Is there any source, other than Celebrity's website for pic's?????

Unless you purchased for very cheap and plan to use the resort yourself I would reconsider.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have bough a fair amount sight unseen seeing I was a Paid Tug member I had the avantage :D of reading the Tug reviews. IMHO it is the best $15 timeshare investment that I will ever make.

Bruce

pstam said:
Hi

Dave*H

TUG Member
Reaction score
pstam said:
Is there any source, other than Celebrity's website for pic's?????
As Bruce mentioned, join TUG and you can read the resort reviews. You could also try tripadvisor.com. A co-worker went there on a getaway and didn't have any complaints. However, this was their first time in a timeshare so they didn't really have a good basis for comparison. A different co-worker told me the rooms are on the small side when compared to other Orlando timeshares.

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Florida Forum

Look at the TUG Florida Forum (Resorts, US - Florida). There's a current discussion there and there have been several in the past.
Another advantage of a TUG membership is that you can run a search.