• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just bought into Wyndham this weekend

clruss1

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Vacation owner
Hi! We rented a room at Wyndham at Wilderness of the Smokies this weekend and upon check-in we were told we were staying in a VIP's room and we would receive all of their perks, 1 being a $100 gift card and another being free breakfast. Foolishly I thought, "Nice!" So we head to breakfast and are of course ushered into a room for the presentation and are then told we would get the gift card afterwards. So we sit through it and then are told we have a recommendation letter from the owner that we rented from so we are brought to a table and told all about how great Wyndham is, then we had to go look at rooms. Were told we had to say yes or no today that there was no thinking about it. We said no several times and then were offered the "lowest package in the building" which we decided to take thinking we could use it for some great vacations. Now I'm second guessing and have read a lot of things saying to rescind our contract. I have already typed up the letter just wanted to get some advice before sending it in. Should I keep or cancel?
64,000 points plus 64,000 bonus points for the first year plus RCI for around $13,500 oh and 2 free weeks for spending 5 plus hours there on our vacation.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Go ahead and rescind. Follow the instructions in your package and send the letter Certified with return receipt to the Nevada address listed. Wyndham has a great product IF you buy it resale. The perks you get buying direct do not justify the money spent for them. Example? For much less than what you paid we bought 1.4 MILLION points.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Send the letter! That's far too much money! Make sure you follow the rescind instructions exactly. There are hints/tips for rescinding posted on these forums if you use the search feature above.

Welcome to TUG. Spend some time reading all the info here (including stickys & advice section), then make an informed resale purchase for a fraction of the price you were going to pay!

~Diane

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi! We rented a room at Wyndham at Wilderness of the Smokies this weekend and upon check-in we were told we were staying in a VIP's room and we would receive all of their perks, 1 being a $100 gift card and another being free breakfast. Foolishly I thought, "Nice!" So we head to breakfast and are of course ushered into a room for the presentation and are then told we would get the gift card afterwards. So we sit through it and then are told we have a recommendation letter from the owner that we rented from so we are brought to a table and told all about how great Wyndham is, then we had to go look at rooms. Were told we had to say yes or no today that there was no thinking about it. We said no several times and then were offered the "lowest package in the building" which we decided to take thinking we could use it for some great vacations. Now I'm second guessing and have read a lot of things saying to rescind our contract. I have already typed up the letter just wanted to get some advice before sending it in. Should I keep or cancel?
64,000 points plus 64,000 bonus points for the first year plus RCI for around $13,500 oh and 2 free weeks for spending 5 plus hours there on our vacation.

Yes, I would go ahead and rescind. I did something similar at first for 84k points...

You're paying $210/k points...full freight is about $250. I've seen as low as $130- $150 on new purchases. However...

Your purchase will not get you much in terms of vacations unless you want to pool your points for 2 to 3 years to get maximum use.

You can buy points resale for pennies on the dollar and get the vacations you want.

Look in the book they gave you for points at each resort. Look at the rooms you'd like during the times you'd like and see how many points you need. Then buy that number of points resale and save your money.

Just my $.02.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind now and send the letter in per the instructions via certified mail. Have all those who signed with the purchased was made sign the letter. And congratulation on saving all that money. . .

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
double post

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on finding TUG in time, you just saved $13 grand!

kshell18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely rescind. You'll find that you can't do much with that amount of points and that you spent way too much money. I just went through something similar and am so thankful that I found TUG in time to rescind and save myself thousands of dollars. Do a bunch of reading and then buy resale, if you're still interested.

Last edited:

brownhaired_girl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be sure whoever signed the contract also signs the letter to rescind or they may try to reject it.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
A free breakfast and the $100 gift card aren't one of the VIP perks. That is what they offer anyone who agrees to attend the sales presentation. Many of the owners who rent would have told you that you were under no obligation to attend a sales presentation and warned you away from doing so unless you were interested in going just to collect whatever freebies they were offering. It would have cut your time in the presentation down to no more than 90-120 minutes.

Congratulations on finding TUG. As others posted buying developer points vs resale is much more expensive but what they offered you was a horrible deal! I'm assuming 64,000 points was a typo and you meant 84,000 points as that is the least amount of points they sell these days. If you were wanting to use them to go back to the Great Smokies Lodge where you are currently staying 84,000 probably isn't enough points to get you more than a couple of weeknights in a one bedroom unit!

Canefan73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the rescission. I went through the exact same thing there just a few weeks ago. The package they pushed on us was $13k for 68k points. They flat out lied and said that 68k was more than enough for a prime week every year. The moment we received our directory and noticed that 68K would barely get a long weekend in a 1 bedroom we sent in our letter. Thanks to TUG we saved $11K and tripled the points.

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
Welcome to TUG, and rescind. Wyndham is a great product, and there are many great locations to go to. A prime week in a 2 bedroom will cost anywhere between 154,000 to 224,000 points, there are a few resort that will cost more but that is just a handful of specialty resorts, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Sundara, and I may have missed one.

Some things to consider, maintenance fee are the same for a retail purchase or a resale purchase. You can get resale for almost all of the resorts, and for Club Wyndham Access (CWA). There are many places to buy resale, including TUG's market place and on occasion, the bargain deal section of this forum.

Resale points will not count toward VIP status. When buying resale, you may want to inquire if the points are a deed week that has been converted to points, or UDI points - undivided interest, pure points, while point are points, the difference is in the APR ability. APR is the ablity to reserve 13 months in advance, this is connected to the resort you are deeded at, or in the case of CWA, the 60 plus resorts in the trust. If it is a converted week you can only reserve that week 13 months in advance. At 10 months all points are the same and can reserve any resort.

We have 700k in points and have about $1000 wrapped up into acquiring all them. We had bought retail timeshare before until we found resale and are very happy with our resale purchases.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
A free breakfast and the $100 gift card aren't one of the VIP perks. That is what they offer anyone who agrees to attend the sales presentation.

Neve quite understood the Wyndham free breakfast, If they are trying to convince the new marks to buy.... You think they would put out one hell of spread to impress the newbies. Every time I have been stupid enough to go for my $100-$150 card... The breakfasts have always looked worse that something you would find at a Days Inn hotel."

I went to a Hyatt one time, Champaign, Mimosa, Coffee, etc. and real buffet food." Still did not buy, but happily took the 10K Hyatt points and $100 gift card :)

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Neve quite understood the Wyndham free breakfast, If they are trying to convince the new marks to buy.... You think they would put out one hell of spread to impress the newbies. Every time I have been stupid enough to go for my $100-$150 card... The breakfasts have always looked worse that something you would find at a Days Inn hotel."

I went to a Hyatt one time, Champaign, Mimosa, Coffee, etc. and real buffet food." Still did not buy, but happily took the 10K Hyatt points and $100 gift card :)

I have only been to one breakfast and I thought the same thing. It was at the Grand Desert and I was surprised. It was eggs, potatoes, and bacon. None of it looked any good. I thought the same thing, I can get a better breakfast at La Quinta. At least there I can make my own waffles. I looked at my sales lady and said no thanks. Let's discuss why I am not going to buy.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Rescind. I own there and will sell you my silver VIP for $13,000.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Rescind. I own there and will sell you my silver VIP for $13,000.

Unfortunately, your VIP level will not transfer to the new owner if you sell your ownership. The only exception is transfer to a close family member. I'm afraid the resale value of your contract is much lower than that. You will need to come to terms with this fact before you are able to sell it.

nerak092003

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a similar situation. I currently bought 84k points with 316k bonus points..RCi included for $14k (Puerto Rico). Should I keep or cancel?
Apprececiate any feedback. Thanks!

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cancel it! Rescind now! Don't wait or think twice. Follow the instructions and get the letter in the mail, certified mail, now and save $14K.

Last edited:

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a similar situation. I currently bought 84k points with 316k bonus points..RCi included for $14k (Puerto Rico). Should I keep or cancel?
Reecind...then buy resale. After you experience the resorts and learn the system if you want to splurge on retail then go ahead. This way you can learn on the cheap through resale...if you don't like it you haven't spent thousands to learn the lesson.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi,

Cancel while you can and if you are interested in getting points look on eBay or in the bargain forum. Wyndham has good resorts but not worth the retail price. Follow the rescind directions carefully.

Wyndhamgirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avon PR
You should send the letter. You can easily rent units on e bay for all the vacations you want. No need to pay maintenance fees or have to try to find availability with is always an issue. The new website is a nightmare and you'll only be frustrated. Keep your money and just rent! Wish I could get my money back!

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another thing, tell your friends and family about resell if they have an interest in a timeshare. Tell them about TUG too (TUG2.com).