• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just bought EOD 5800 pts retail.......Pacific Palisades

Mpstan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes we are familiar with Worldmark but we want to find o home resort in the SanDiego area, since we now have direct flights there from Bellingham WA. Maybe there are some nicer Worldmark resorts but I'm only familiar with our local property in birch bay WA which I don't care for. That's how we came up with HIlton and Windahm.

Thanks for all the input

whatsburning

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think they work together in the sense it's the same firm. In the sense they're both real estate agents who will take commissions from a buyer and a seller, yes.

I thought only sellers pay commissions???

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch

Uh, they'll charge a commission, one as the agent for the seller and one as the agent of the buyer. If you read their sales contract it is upwards of 25% when two agents are involved.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

Anybody can pay a commission. It depends on what you are selling and in what market you are selling in. TS's are not a traditional real estate sale. :)

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes we have finished the rescind paperwork. CA must make them supply a cover sheet that is quite easy to complete. I like the advice earlier for our next step.... Do nothing.

We're back to the drawing board. Our kids were a bit bored around the resort so I think we want to widen our scope to include being nearer beaches or a downtown. Anybody here familiar with the Wyndam system? A few more venues up by us in in Washington......

You have done the right thing. But please do not give up on the HGVC system - we are extremely pleased with ours - it is a great system and problem the most flexible.

As others have said, you could buy the same thing reasonably cheap on the resale market. One of the main things that affect the resale value of your unit is the season - 5800 is a 3br in gold season (most owners know the points value and season). You pay Maint Fees based on the unit size. A 1br plat is 4800 points while a 3br silver is 4200 - but the 3br has much higher MFs. You get the idea. Gold season (any unit size) is far cheaper than platinum. Silver is almost "given away".

Our favorite feature is open season. You get great cash rates for anything left over 30 days out.

So if you are anywhere near an HGVC location you like (and variety is the HGVC weakness) then I would strongly urge you to consider buying a platinum season unit. You will find the quality to be a different level (Marriott, Hyatt and HGVC are another level of CONSISTENCY IMHO).

alwaysOnTheGo

Reaction score
So if you are anywhere near an HGVC location you like (and variety is the HGVC weakness) then I would strongly urge you to consider buying a platinum season unit. You will find the quality to be a different level (Marriott, Hyatt and HGVC are another level of CONSISTENCY IMHO).

I sat through a sales presentation last week in Orlando, ( did not buy ), but have become interested in the resale market. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the nuances of the point system.

I've read other posts that basically state "points are points" no matter what season. At that point, when looking at resales I no longer pay attention to the season.

With that being said, what would be the advantage(s) of points from a platinum season unit vs a gold season? I am in NC, but we travel to Orlando and Vegas often.

Thanks,

Kevin

Mpstan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Having a Platinum TS would have the same MF's as Gold, correct?

Would Platinum points convert into more HHonors points in an exchange?

I'm sure those points in an exchange would be worth more to RCI since they could use them for an RCI client in peak season, buti don't know if that converts to higher point value compared to Gold when you try to trade points for something in the RCI system.....

Other than that I'm not sure what the answer is to your question....... Thanks for the question. I'm sure someone here knows for sure....

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
With that being said, what would be the advantage(s) of points from a platinum season unit vs a gold season? I am in NC, but we travel to Orlando and Vegas often.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin, the advantage would be that you'd have more points to trade with for the same MF's in platinum season than you would in a lesser season. Depends on why you want to own HGVC in the first place. I own gold points but use the heck out of the Open Season options so don't miss the points but then I live in FL where many of the HGVC resorts are located so I can max the usage that way without obligating myself to higher MF's. ;)

alwaysOnTheGo

Reaction score
Kevin, the advantage would be that you'd have more points to trade with for the same MF's in platinum season than you would in a lesser season. Depends on why you want to own HGVC in the first place. I own gold points but use the heck out of the Open Season options so don't miss the points but then I live in FL where many of the HGVC resorts are located so I can max the usage that way without obligating myself to higher MF's. ;)

Thank You. I do believe that I "get it" now. :clap: Looking at the resale listings, I now notice the correlation between the season, MF, and amount of points on the listing.

bosco0633

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love Judi. I have purchased several units from her. 1 800 541-5666 ex 622. She is excellent and creates an easy resale.

Don't forget to rescind properly or you will be stuck with an overpaid unit.

You should look into the marbrisa it is a better place in my opinion.

Good luck

Mpstan

TUG Member
Reaction score
In our paperwork there was a rescind form we used. UPS emailed me yesterday that they signed for my rescind, so I think we are OK. I'll feel better when I see a refund on my visa. Thanks everyone

TheWizz

TUG Member
Reaction score
GPP has a resale department, were these resale prices or were they selling you a new unit at MarBrisa? TheWizz on here has purchased resale units direct from GPP and got them into HGVC with elite credit if that is important to you. Owning here gives you 12 month booking and day use (parking and common areas), useful if you live in CA..

I am very happy with my GPP resales (significantly < retail) - about the same price as HGVC LV properties and you can get Elite benes (as noted) included when you buy from their resale department. I bought a 1BR PLT and a 2BR PLT week (~14k pts). Highly recommended... Good luck in the hunt.

travelguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes we have finished the rescind paperwork. CA must make them supply a cover sheet that is quite easy to complete. I like the advice earlier for our next step.... Do nothing.

We're back to the drawing board. Our kids were a bit bored around the resort so I think we want to widen our scope to include being nearer beaches or a downtown. Anybody here familiar with the Wyndam system? A few more venues up by us in in Washington......

Congrats on actually rescinding!! Great decision. (You'd be surprised how many people don't take the rescind advice and regret the decision thereafter.)

My advice is to take your time and determine how to get exactly what will work for you at a good value price. As has been stated above ... either Seth or Judy will give you good advice and can get you a competitively priced resale!