• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just bought but think I was lied to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Plus Points
Hello everyone. So I was convinced into buying more points at a Wyndham presentation. I had 84k a year and now will have 229k into with new developer purchase. I also have 259k resale points. Now I bought because I was told that I needed over 210k developer points to have better availability with the two and three bedrooms reservation. That I would only be able to have availability to rooms costing less than 84k making my resale point pretty much useless. I asked for where this was written and they told me it's just a rule that's not really written. I'm on my second day after purchase and need advice. Please and thank you!

DRIless

Reaction score
I asked for where this was written and they told me it's just a rule that's not really written. I'm on my second day after purchase and need advice. Please and thank you!
Its not a rule you can reserve whatever your points mix will get you.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
What resort sales office were you at? You may want to check your on-line webpage and see what is showing their under the contract ownership and points sections. Also, just to keep your mind at ease you may want to call Owner Care and have them check things out for you.

MikeCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Plus Points
What resort sales office were you at? You may want to check your on-line webpage and see what is showing their under the contract ownership and points sections. Also, just to keep your mind at ease you may want to call Owner Care and have them check things out for you.
Myrtle Beach Ocean Blvd. I checked all the paperwork and there is no mention of it other than ARP, Presidential Reserve and the Express time periods

MikeCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Plus Points
Its not a rule you can reserve whatever your points mix will get you.
That's what I thought at first since I've been able to do that before. Thanks for the reply.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Your only limitation would be during ARP, if the contracts aren't from the same location and/or CWA then the points won't combine for an ARP reservation - which has nothing to do with resale vs. retail. But all points will combine at 10 months for whatever size unit you have enough points for. Rescind!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
RESCIND .. You have one shot and a very limited time frame. You can BUY later anywheres ... and maybe for a better price (check Ebay or TUG Marketplace ... LATER or tomorrow or when you get home).

It does NOT matter which sales office or resort you brought at ... and NEVER call or visit the 'con artists' to rescind. THEIR income is based on YOUR buying ... and only on YOU buying from THEM. They are commissioned ONLY and licensed REAL ESTATE agents ... not advisors or vacation travel agents. And only YOUR best buddies until the rescind window closes. The US Post Office is YOUR FRIEND .. will sell you an evelope, most have copy machines (coin operated) and the paperwork for a certified letter. HAND PRINT the letter if you have to ... typed not required .. just readable!

The United States Post Office is your New Best Friend Forever (BFF) .. find the local USPS and mail that CERTIFIED LETTER Return Receipt TODAY!

Certified Mailing is legal PROOF that YOU MAIL it ... Return Receipt is further proof of mailing and also, that they received it or refused it. I usually mail any certified mail sent .... a separate copy via Regular Mail ... so even if they DON'T sign for it, I know they got a regular mailed copy.

Registered Mail is unnecessary expense ... it is a higher level of secured mailing that the USPS sells ... like a large CASHIER's Check which can NOT be replaced easily or a NON-REPLACABLE ITEM.

MikeCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Plus Points
RESCIND .. You have one shot and a very limited time frame. You can BUY later anywheres ... and maybe for a better price (check Ebay or TUG Marketplace ... LATER or tomorrow or when you get home).

It does NOT matter which sales office or resort you brought at ... and NEVER call or visit the 'con artists' to rescind. THEIR income is based on YOUR buying ... and only on YOU buying from THEM. They are commissioned ONLY and licensed REAL ESTATE agents ... not advisors or vacation travel agents. And only YOUR best buddies until the rescind window closes. The US Post Office is YOUR FRIEND .. will sell you an evelope, most have copy machines (coin operated) and the paperwork for a certified letter. HAND PRINT the letter if you have to ... typed not required .. just readable!

The United States Post Office is your New Best Friend Forever (BFF) .. find the local USPS and mail that CERTIFIED LETTER Return Receipt TODAY!

Certified Mailing is legal PROOF that YOU MAIL it ... Return Receipt is further proof of mailing and also, that they received it or refused it. I usually mail any certified mail sent .... a separate copy via Regular Mail ... so even if they DON'T sign for it, I know they got a regular mailed copy.

Registered Mail is unnecessary expense ... it is a higher level of secured mailing that the USPS sells ... like a large CASHIER's Check which can NOT be replaced easily or a NON-REPLACABLE ITEM.

Thank you and everyone who responded. On my way to post office right now!

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Myrtle Beach has a system where a number of the resorts the early booking window can be combined for use at any given resort for a reservation. I own a number of contracts at the participating resorts where this can be done. Believe the resorts are (not necessarily limited to) Wyndham Seawatch Plantation - Towers and Villas and Wyndham Ocean Blvd. I own at Wyndham Towers on the Grove, Westwinds, and Seawatch Plantation - Villas. The reservation recently made at Ocean Blvd was successfully made using this system.

If the contract that was purchased was Ocean Blvd deeded, then you may want keep it.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Thank you and everyone who responded. On my way to post office right now!

Just make sure you follow the rescission instructions to the letter that are contained in your contract - right above the signature area in bold letters and you will be fine. Happy rescinding! :)

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Myrtle Beach has a system where a number of the resorts the early booking window can be combined for use at any given resort for a reservation. I own a number of contracts at the participating resorts where this can be done. Believe the resorts are (not necessarily limited to) Wyndham Seawatch Plantation - Towers and Villas and Wyndham Ocean Blvd. I own at Wyndham Towers on the Grove, Westwinds, and Seawatch Plantation - Villas. The reservation recently made at Ocean Blvd was successfully made using this system.

If the contract that was purchased was Ocean Blvd deeded, then you may want keep it.

Robert - this is very BAD advice. Please do not post this. The OP was deceived and made a purchase only on that basis. You are furthering the confusion.

If the OP wants ARP at Myrtle Beach he/she can purchase any of the several resales on eBay or TUG.

Please consider removing your post as it is inaccurate and misleading.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

RESCIND RESCIND RESCIND.....If you want ARP in Myrtle Beach - you can buy it RESALE. You do NOT need an overpriced developer contract.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Ever the contrarian.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
grats on finding us in time, it sounds like you saved a fortune on buying 220,000 developer points!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

Gee Robert in the other thread you were bragging about having RARP at Ocean Blvd with a Towers on the Grove deed.
Now you say you have ARP privileges at Ocean Blvd with the Towers on the Grove deed.
Did you pay extra for that great RARP benefit ??

MikeCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Plus Points
Alright letter signed and sent. Used a template from an older post from here. This thread and the amazing people here just saved me $29,000. Thank you everyone with good advise and for the rapid response!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
just to keep your mind at ease you may want to call Owner Care and have them check things out for you.
Good idea Robert! I actually like this idea.
If everyone called a VC-Owner Care after every update- sales meeting asking if what they were told is true.
The VCs would probably end up transferring you to a recorded message stating if the information you received isn’t in your contract
PLEASE IGNORE

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I have three deeded resale Myrtle Beach deeds that are just fine for the regional ARP - no need to hold onto a retail purchase for this purpose. This is really bad advice.

Gee Robert in the other thread you were bragging about having RARP at Ocean Blvd with a Towers on the Grove deed.
Now you say you have ARP privileges at Ocean Blvd with the Towers on the Grove deed.
Did you pay extra for that great RARP benefit ??

It's very possible that these are both the on the books for him, though redundant in practice. Plenty of resorts were sold with RARP privileges at another resort, and many people discovered the extent of that when the new system made that information easier to view - so he has RARP privileges at OB with his Towers deed based on how that deed was originally sold. And as deeded owners at Myrtle Beach, we do get ARP among most/all of the other MB properties. With my OB deeds I can book with ARP at Towers, so I assume the reverse is also true.

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Alright letter signed and sent. Used a template from an older post from here. This thread and the amazing people here just saved me $29,000. Thank you everyone with good advise and for the rapid response!

There have been forum discussions about buying two 3 bedroom non-Wyndham RCI fixed week properties and enroll them into the Personal Interval Choice (PIC) program as part of a retail purchase to jump to either Gold or Platinum VIP.

With your 84K developer starting point, that might get you to Gold VIP while buying only 108K points. You're eligible to enroll two weeks into the Wyndham PIC program (3Br weeks are allotted 254K qualifying VIP points each, regardless of whether you decide to use PIC to exchange those fixed weeks for Wyndham points each year). So two 3Br qualified PIC weeks add 508K in qualifying VIP points (as long as Wyndham maintains the PIC program and the weeks that are enrolled still qualify).

There have been debates about whether the VIP benefits are worth it:

1. will owners use all those extra points. Some just rent out the extra points until they, their friends or their extended family can use the extra points.
2. what's the payback period for the VIP Gold vs Platinum benefits to offset the up front developer purchase cost and the Maintenance Fee commitment going forward. You must factor in the opportunity cost of lost investment income if you pay cash up front or the high interest rates Wyndham charges if you finance a purchase through them.
3. there's also the caveat that Wyndham reserves the right to change VIP benefits at any time. This has been done several times over the past ten years.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not bragging. In addition to my Seawatch Plantation - Villas early reservation priority I have two ARP rights at Westwinds for the underlying weeks on converted week contracts. RARP on my Towers on the Grove Contract into Ocean Blvd and a RARP right from one of my Smoky Mountain deeds into Ocean Blvd. These are in addition to my 2 Plat VIP early reservation priority rights.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, early reservation priority with the CWA contract.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, early reservation priority with the CWA contract.

Robert - if you’re posting again, how about taking down your post from earlier today that advised to OP to keep his retail purchase? It’s one of the worst pieces of advice given on this forum. Please !!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not bragging. In addition to my Seawatch Plantation - Villas early reservation priority I have two ARP rights at Westwinds for the underlying weeks on converted week contracts. RARP on my Towers on the Grove Contract into Ocean Blvd
I’m confused Robert.
Please explain the RARP benefit when you already have the ARP benefit on the contracts.
What advantage does this RARP give you?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m confused Robert.
Please explain the RARP benefit when you already have the ARP benefit on the contracts.
What advantage does this RARP give you?

Please explain where he said it gave him an advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.