• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just booked (2) 3 BR's Grande Vista Orlando Thanksgiving 2012 few Questions

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Hello: Traded our (1) BR SC and (2) BR Phuket Beach club for (2) 3 Bedrooms Thanksgiving week. Bringing the kids and grandkids for a fun week in Florida.

Reading some comments on Tripadvisor that some parts of the resort are renovated and some are not. Some complaints about hard beds and some people love the beds--very comfortable. :D

I intend to request units nearby each other. Anything else I should ask for or be on the look out for? (particular buildings to request etc.) Thank you!

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am interested to know if you made your great trades online instantly or if you received three bedrooms from an ongoing request.

I would think that perhaps not all the buildings have three bedroom units in them. That would play a factor into your location requests.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
I am interested to know if you made your great trades online instantly or if you received three bedrooms from an ongoing request.

I would think that perhaps not all the buildings have three bedroom units in them. That would play a factor into your location requests.

Saw one online for an instant trade. Called in to see if two were available. There were and grabbed both. I don't think I could have gotten them via request because. I would not have been able to request units larger than I deposited.

rosepointe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello: Traded our (1) BR SC and (2) BR Phuket Beach club for (2) 3 Bedrooms Thanksgiving week. Bringing the kids and grandkids for a fun week in Florida.

Reading some comments on Tripadvisor that some parts of the resort are renovated and some are not. Some complaints about hard beds and some people love the beds--very comfortable. :D

I intend to request units nearby each other. Anything else I should ask for or be on the look out for? (particular buildings to request etc.) Thank you!

We have been able to trade into Grand Vista almost every year with an AC. Since it is Nov and the weather might not be the warmest I guess any location is good but I like around the main pool and grocery store area. I suggest you contact them a week or two before you go and let them know you are a Marriott owner and ask for the best location you can get.
We will be back there the end of January.
Sue

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
What a great trade! Hopefully you'll have lots of family with you to fill up those rooms and really enjoy yourselves.

While the weather is not the warmest then, it is good weather for the parks. We did a family trip there many years ago for my parents' 50th and it was wonderful.

paluamalia

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
Grande Vista Info

We just left the Grande Vista on Dec. 26.
Our first week was building 90 in a one bedroom...this is very near a smaller pool area but away from the main marketplace where the lobby, restaurant and small grocery store is. This over looks a small stream and the 6th hole and is a quiet area. The furniture, applicances, etc. are older, but they seem to have new TVs. The furniture also offers little storage.
We moved in our second week, they first gave us a room on the second floor of building 90, but it had a strong mildew smell so we would not take the room.

The moved us to a studio in building 93. The interior was a bit newer and it was much closer to the main pool and the marketplace, but it was considerably noisier. In fact we were awakened twice by noisy neighbors.

I read that the fireworks from Disney are viewable from the upper floors facing North, but I think that would be a bit colder. I've been in Orlando at Thanksgiving and they do sometimes get a cold snap.

We were exchangers using a white week on Cape Cod, so we thought we got a great deal!!
It's a wonderful resort, lots to do, especially if you want to play golf.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
We are hoping for 70 degree weather :) Yahoo says average highs are upper 70's. We shall see. We were happy getting the two three bedrooms. Very happy in fact.

We locked off Surf Club this year and traded back to Ocean Club. So, we are still getting Aruba over 4th of July. We are goin to Cabo in 9 days. 2012 shaped up very nicely for us.

Yes, the family time will be very nice. Our son-in-law will just be returning from Afghanistan (probably Sept.). His 5th tour. It will be Hayley's first trip to Disney. She LOVES Mickey. i cannot wait to enjoy it through her eyes.

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be there Jan. 8-15, 2012 in a 3 bedroom. I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago. My family picked 82 & 83 as their preferred buildings (water view, near main pool and shops/spa but not close enough to hear the noise). According to dioxide's post, both 82 & 83 have had a total refurbishment.

I traded a 1 bedroom Enclaves for the 3 bedroom back in July. 1 phone call to the II Marriott desk and I was done.

Cheers!

LilMsFoodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here now in bldg 82. .
Can hear white water noise in our unit.. Very quiet. All upgraded and clean. generic Orlando decor.
Sevilla. Nice location. Owners bldg.
Great golf on the little Faldo course here.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
We'll be there Jan. 8-15, 2012 in a 3 bedroom. I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago. My family picked 82 & 83 as their preferred buildings (water view, near main pool and shops/spa but not close enough to hear the noise). According to dioxide's post, both 82 & 83 have had a total refurbishment.

I traded a 1 bedroom Enclaves for the 3 bedroom back in July. 1 phone call to the II Marriott desk and I was done.

Cheers!

Nice, thank you :whoopie:

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
go look at the map of the resort and pick a unit based on whether you want one near the main complex or the newer one over across the lake. You can also take one on the golf course, but the others are better IMO.

Also, there are not tons of 3BR units and getting two in one building would be good. Some are dedicated and some are part of a studio and 2BR lock off combo where you enter a common door and then it splits into two separate units. The dedicated units are better, but if you have a part of the group that would like their "own" studio the lock off would work well.