• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just Back From Grand Mayan In NV

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say, the grand mayan is a beautiful resort. The service is excellent. Our room was excellent. For the most part, however, I found the food at the resort restaurants to be mediocre at best. Of course, that is a matter of taste.

I am glad I did not buy the meal plan. Two of our dinners were at beach events, not covered by plan, and a restaurant, Mondo, not covered by the plan.

We pretty much stayed at the resort because of my wife's broken foot. We went to PV one morning for some shopping. Even so, the Grand Mayan was a great place to hang out. We didn't do any presentations. I heard complaints from other guests.

I wouldn't buy there simply because I would not buy anything out of the USA for consumer protection purposes. I would love to go back, however, as :) an exchange.

iiderman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update.. we are booked for two weeks at the Grand Mayan in NV this summer and would like to do the meal plan (at least for bkfasts) Do you have prices for the meal plan offerings??

Also I read somewhere that the resort shuttle was discontinued?? How does one get to the public bus station from the Grand?

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that the most expensive meal plan was 375 US for six meals. You can't just buy breakfast.

There is a bus stop outside of the complex but near the sea-garden. It was about a 10 minute walk. We only took the bus once - to Walmart to stock up on some items. We took a taxi back because of the packages. The bus was very hot and jam packed. It is, however, also very cheap. Because of my wife's broken foot we mostly stayed at the resort. We took the taxi to PV for 16 US.

The kitchen is adequate but does not have an oven. I think they want you to use their eateries.

Two weeks should give you adequate time to explore the area and take tours, whale watching, zip lines etc.

BTW we drank the water on site with no problem.

I am sure you will have a great time!

rja

Reaction score
We're headed there in June - first time using our TS there. I'm wondering if we can find someone to come in and cook a meal or two for us, did you encounter anything like that? Also, someone to stock up groceries for us wouldn't be bad either.

Anyone know of any such services?

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didnt hear about such services. However, given the limited kitchen I don't think anyone could cook up a real great meal for you.

iiderman

TUG Member
Reaction score
pgnewarkboy said:
I think that the most expensive meal plan was 375 US for six meals. You can't just buy breakfast.

375 US for six meals :eek: That seems like a lot! When we were at the Grand Mayan in Acapulco last year we got a really good deal for 7 breakfasts.. can't remember how much but it was cheap..

Do you remember how much the bfast buffet cost while you were there?
Thanks

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am really not sure on the price of the breakfast buffet. My impression is that it was reasonable. We only had the buffet twice. The rest of the time we had breakfast in the room to save on calories. My wife and I can't control ourselves at an all you can eat buffet.

PBlais

TUG Member
Reaction score
The meal plans are basically all buffets. You really can't eat eat enough to make it worth it without putting on some serious pounds. Mostly buffets are a bad deal as far as I've sen even at nice resorts.