• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just Back from Frenchman's Cove

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This an incredibly beautiful resort. Had a great vacation even though we didn't rent s car and stayed close to the TS and the other Marriott properties.

The not so good.

The music around the pool was unnecessarily loud and irritating.

The second day I witnessed two shouting matches between guests over towels used to reserve chaises. But, that was the only time it happened.

Entering the bay from the beach is best done right next to the dock to avoid rocks and coral. There is also a warning on the beach about sea urchins.

While the water taxi to Charlotte Amalie was fun, the town itself is pretty boring. Unless you want to buy jewelry there's not really much to do there.

Good stuff

The views are amazing. We were on the third floor, room 234, in the Virgin Gorda building, two elevator rides away from the pool and beach.

The pool is very large. There is a water slide at one end which was well used by the children.

The beach itself is not large but here are lots of chaises there.

They have added water mats near the dock. Lots of young teenagers were sunning themselves.

We ate at the Blue Havana two nights in a row. We had the same table both nights overlooking the water. Food was outstanding and reasonably priced for an island.

My wife shopped at the Gourmet and Pueblo grocery stores using a taxi to get there. Wine was very well priced.

Take advantage of the happy hours at the TS, the hotel, and Morningside Beach

When going home give yourself plenty of time because you'll have to go through customs even if you didn't leave the United States. Note that the airport is not air-conditioned until you get to the gates. So you might want to bring a change of shirt.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
This an incredibly beautiful resort. Had a great vacation even though we didn't rent s car and stayed close to the TS and the other Marriott properties.

The not so good.

The music around the pool was unnecessarily loud and irritating.

100% agree. We request rooms as far away from it as possible. They started this noise about the 4th year it was open.

The second day I witnessed two shouting matches between guests over towels used to reserve chaises. But, that was the only time it happened.

Entering the bay from the beach is best done right next to the dock to avoid rocks and coral. There is also a warning on the beach about sea urchins.

While the water taxi to Charlotte Amalie was fun, the town itself is pretty boring. Unless you want to buy jewelry there's not really much to do there.

This is why I recommend a car. There's a lot to do if you can get back and forth easily.

Good stuff

The views are amazing. We were on the third floor, room 234, in the Virgin Gorda building, two elevator rides away from the pool and beach.

The pool is very large. There is a water slide at one end which was well used by the children.

The beach itself is not large but here are lots of chaises there.

They have added water mats near the dock. Lots of young teenagers were sunning themselves.

We ate at the Blue Havana two nights in a row. We had the same table both nights overlooking the water. Food was outstanding and reasonably priced for an island.

Each to his own. I never frequent the place except for drinks when we are at Morningstar.

My wife shopped at the Gourmet and Pueblo grocery stores using a taxi to get there. Wine was very well priced.

Take advantage of the happy hours at the TS, the hotel, and Morningside Beach

We are usually out somewhere at happy hour. The times I've been at the Cove beach I find them to be a bit of a pain. They are not 1/2 price they are 2 for 1. We've lately been bringing a large cooler cup to hold them otherwise the second drink is warm by the time you get to it.

When going home give yourself plenty of time because you'll have to go through customs even if you didn't leave the United States. Note that the airport is not air-conditioned until you get to the gates. So you might want to bring a change of shirt.

Great tip. This year we have GOES passes so we'll see if that gets us through any faster. My son has been using one for a few months and he says it works great.

Sounds like you had a great time Steve. Did you get to any of the other beaches?

DB-Wis

TUG Member
Reaction score
... The music around the pool was unnecessarily loud and irritating. ...

Thanks for the report. We've got a request pending for Frenchmen's Cove -- I hope it comes through (but I'm beginning to doubt it).

When we were are the Aruba Ocean Club a couple of months ago, I too was bothered by the excessive amplification of the steel drum music I love live poolside music in the afternoon -- for me, that's part of the resort experience. But loud music ruins the atmosphere.

rovitm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. In a couple of weeks I will be putting a request in (via points) for a two or three bedroom. Anyone think I will have issue with the request? I am not sure how plentiful gold weeks are in the trust.

Steve A

TUG Member
Reaction score
Didn't go to any other beaches. I could not bring myself to try and drive there; narrow twisting roads and driving on the other side.

The Marriott hotel has a large deck with lots of couches and chairs that overlooks the bay. There is a bar right off the deck so it's a spectacular place to have a glass of wine.

People were nice both employees and guests. Many families with a wide range of children present. There were lots of activties for pre-teens and younger. My wife enjoyed water aerobics. You could also do a workout on the stand up boards out in the bay.

Saw lots of big cruise ships come in; Disney NCL and Carnival.

Two other minor complaints. The wattage on the lamps in the bedrooms was so low that I couldn't read. Also, the cable was not HD or digital.

Last edited:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Thanks for the review. In a couple of weeks I will be putting a request in (via points) for a two or three bedroom. Anyone think I will have issue with the request? I am not sure how plentiful gold weeks are in the trust.

The Trust does not contain any MFC units....as it currently cannot contain any non U.S. weeks. That said, I was able to get a 3BR via DC points for this past May with no difficulty about 11 months out.

Steve A

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used DC points from my two bedroom Grand Chateau to book MFC. Since the booking was for August, low season, I had 300 points left over, which I used to extend my 7 days in Palm Desert in December by two days.

rovitm

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Trust does not contain any MFC units....as it currently cannot contain any non U.S. weeks. That said, I was able to get a 3BR via DC points for this past May with no difficulty about 11 months out.

Good to hear. How big was the three bedroom? Are they two queens in each of the other two bedrooms?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Good to hear. How big was the three bedroom? Are they two queens in each of the other two bedrooms?

It was very spacious. Yes, both of the other two bedrooms had 2 queens each. I have attached a picture of the layout below. Each bedroom had its own balcony which was nice.

Attachments

• MFC 3 BR Floorplan.jpg
    MFC 3 BR Floorplan.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 47

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Actually, with MFC being in US Territory, they did convey some weeks to the trust there. 1,752,750 points made up of about 590 weeks. There area also Ritz Carlton Club - St Thomas weeks in the trust too.

You learn something new every day...

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Actually, with MFC being in US Territory, they did convey some weeks to the trust there. 1,752,750 points made up of about 590 weeks. There area also Ritz Carlton Club - St Thomas weeks in the trust too.

You learn something new every day...

Huh.....good to know.

dioxide45 always has the answers.

MFC weeks can be in the trust....yet you need to go through customs to leave a US Territory to go back to the US. :shrug: Go figure.

Last edited:

DKT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Customs tip....if the airport is busy pay one of the porters $15 to $20 dollars, and they wait while you check in at the counter then take you to the front of the line at customs. :)