• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just attended Welk sales pitch - plus ca change...

boraxo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra, Villa Resorts (Mexico)
We scored a nice preview package at Northstar Tahoe ($400/nt for 2BR on peak holiday weekend) and just finished the sales pitch. They started 20 minutes late and finished a bit over 2 hours. Thankfully no high pressure tactics, I think they could sense where this was going when we said we recently purchased a resale week at the Hyatt Incline.

The current "buy today" pricing is $60k for 420k points (reg. $110k - hah!) which we were told was the "minimum" to access the Registry Collection resorts and the 15-month booking window. We were also offered 120k points for $25k (reg. $44k) - essentially a 45% discount off the list price which I'm sure nobody pays.

We were originally told we could book a 2BR for any date for 44k points, to his credit the "manager" later clarified that rate only applied to Sun-Thurs and we would need 210k points to book a weekend (Fri+Sat) nights. We told them specifically we want to book 2-3 night trips and were told we could reserve 15 months out. Of course we now learn on TUG I learned that 15-mo only applies to one-week bookings.

Maintenance Fees are $1197 for 120k points and $2307 for 420k points.

dannybaker

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information, we own three weeks at Welk and still wondering what will happen. We utilize those weeks currently with RCI for TPU points. I called member services yesterday to see if any updates on the merger have occurred in regards to our current weeks. We paid our maintenance fees earl for 2022 and deposited the weeks before any change occurs.