• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[July Thread] shell vacation club california

mimi67

Reaction score
Hi - i am in the process of purchasing 2,500 pts for $1,000 ($600 MF). I would like to purchase add'l points ~2,500-4,000. Can I purchase add'l points without add'l MF? Can one buy just " resale points" (w/out add'l MF)?

Is the $1,000 a fair price for 2,500 points in california?

Also, looking for a points matrix. What do i really get for 2,500 points in the shell vacation club system.

thanks
ml

shellboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
MFs are based on the total number of points you own. If you purchase additional points over this purchase of 2500, the MFs for the aditional points will be $151 per thousand ponts (for 2008). This first purchase is a good price, but its MFs also include SVC club fees, plus the first 2000 points pay at a higher rate for MFs. It usually takes 4500-5500 points for a week. If you had 5000 points your MFs would be approximately $980.

Bill4728

Reaction score

Many people feel that $1/pt is a good price so your $0.40/pt is really great!!

mimi67

Reaction score
shell MFs

Thank you Shell boy. Maybe you can answer this one also. Now that I have 2,500 points. If i want to increase by 5,000 and find a resale for 2,500, will Shell reset the MFs for the total 5,000 pts. In essence, i would ignore the MFs that are associated with the point resale and that Shell will recalc MFs based on total points I own. I thought that if i buy more club points i would also assume the add'l MFs associated with each of the contracts purchased.

Does it matter if i combine points from a different Shell Club. I understand about the 12 mos vs 9 mos reservation period for home club vs non home club.

thanks for the input.

Mimi

Last edited:

shellboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
To get the lowerMF rate, you have to combine the points into one account. To combine into one account, they must be from the same "home club" (California in this case). You can't combine accounts from separate "home clubs" (Hawaii and California, Arizona and California). Those would remain separate and you would pay separate club fees and higher overall MFs.

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Shell Vacations Club. It's good that you're buying resale, just make sure the points are from the same "home club". Be especially careful if buying on ebay, as some sellers will advertise the points from one home club, but they're actually in another.
As Shellboy said, to be able to do anything significant, you really need at least 4500-5500 points. Have fun!

Marty

mimi67

Reaction score
shell vacation club

Always great to hear from experienced SVC owners. Does the reservation system work well in getting the days, weeks requested. Like to hear back on your experiences with trading out (via RCI) and also with the Shell reservation desk experience.

thanks again!

mimi67

Reaction score
shell vacation club points

Hi shellboy, i just found a 7,000 point resale and it listed $1,417 MF. Again help me understand that if I buy add'l 7k points, Shell will recalc MF based on my current 2,500 + 7,000 to arrive at new MF. So with 9k points, the MFs can $1k+ / yr. Do I have this correct?

I saw an auction for SVC points requesting $1,400 MF reimbursement at time of closing. Should I pay this reimbursement on top of auction price? I assume Shell will recalc the MF and charge me accordingly once I was on contract with SVC.

Your thoughts/comments on "reimbursement" of MF at time of closing to sellers.

Thanks.

Mimi

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
I'm moving this toi the all other TS systems forum

mishugana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Accessing my account

I have an account on the SVC site how do i add my new account #?

shellboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
"I have an account on the SVC site how do i add my new account #?"

If you created the account on SVC website before purchasing points, it is probably easiest to just create a second account which will allow you to add an account number and indicate that you are now a SVC owner. In the future, if you buy additional points and combine them with the original account, it will automatically get updated.

hockeygran

Reaction score
Hi - i am in the process of purchasing 2,500 pts for $1,000 ($600 MF). I would like to purchase add'l points ~2,500-4,000. Can I purchase add'l points without add'l MF? Can one buy just " resale points" (w/out add'l MF)?

Also, looking for a points matrix. What do i really get for 2,500 points in the shell vacation club system.

thanks
ml

Hi there. I was wondering where you buy your additional points from? I gather I waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpaid for my shell points from the Shell rep in Hawaii, and I would like to purchase more hawaiian points without having to go bankrupt! Any info you can pass along to me would be a great help.