• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

JRA Services for USVI closings?

SpikeMauler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone used JRA Services to close a Timeshare on the Virgin Islands? If so, was it a good or bad experience. Also, about how long did it take?
Thanks

jschmidt

Reaction score
I used JRA Services as the escrow agent for a timeshare purchase in Mexico and was very happy with the experience. I would use them again for my next purchase or sale.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone used JRA Services to close a Timeshare on the Virgin Islands? If so, was it a good or bad experience. Also, about how long did it take?
Thanks
JRA is a good closing company. BUT closing in the VI takes special experience.

Does JRA say that they have experience closing in the VI ? I'd take their word for it if they said they did.

SpikeMauler

TUG Member
Reaction score
JRA is a good closing company. BUT closing in the VI takes special experience.

Does JRA say that they have experience closing in the VI ? I'd take their word for it if they said they did.

I went on their web site and there was no specific mention of having experience closing on the VI. My understanding is that it's a little more difficult(VI), and that you should use someone who is experienced in that particular State , Country , Etc... That's why I'm curious if anyone has used them for the VI.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I'd call and ask them that specific question. " Are you comfortable and experience in VI closings? "

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
JRA closed my Hyatt purchase which should be a pretty straight forward transaction. At first, everything seemed to be fine. Unfortunately, it took a lot longer than it's necessary. Some delays were obviously due to lack of attention by JRA. Maybe it's just a fluke but I can't recommend it at this point.
BTW, the resort is in US (NV)

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
LisaH,

I was told by other Hyatt owners that it usually take 45-60 days to close. How long did it take JRA? Who were you dealing with?

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We received the word that Hyatt would pass the ROFR on June 30th. We didn't become an owner until Oct 10th.
we mainly dealt with Janet.