• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2020 ] Join me in my Journey - My Next Chapter

geekette

Reaction score
Sorry for all your troubles. As we all know a large part of all of these delays is a side effect of Covid19. Just think in a year or two when all of this is over you will look back on the troubles and curse, scream, beat your head against the wall, etc.:wall::crash::eek::):oops::love:
and then enjoy a glass of your favorite wine in your favorite place in the house and think "all the hassle was soooo worth it...."

eventually the people that think you have no idea what you are doing will figure out that you were in fact the best judge of what is right for you. I have found that people sometimes forget we are actually smart, and knowledgeable about ourselves, when things get tough. The only thing to do in that situation is live your best life, no matter what they say.

You so totally have this! Go Girl!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Mortgages are tougher to get than they used to be. Our refinancing of our townhouse was so ridiculous, statements resent every week or two, lots of information asked for again and again. I was so sick of the constant emails and phone calls. I vowed to never do it again. We did it for our son. We didn't even have a mortgage on our house or on the townhouse at the time. Income wasn't a problem, nor was our credit, but it was aggravating.

I love your choices for furniture and flooring. Our granddaughter just turned 3 in May, and so they decided to get her a full-sized bed and bedroom furniture for her room. The furniture is backordered until November 1st. They ordered it in August. Covid is to blame.

Our son also has a fireplace store, and the manufacturing has been slow due to Covid. People tend to understand, but it could hurt his business, not being able to get fireplaces that people want.

Our timeshare in Frisco, CO, has hot tubs on the deck. One broke, and it's backordered. We haven't had a hot tub since May. We ordered from Costco. It won't be in until October. Usually it's a week or two. Owners expect a hot tub. Covid again.

My understanding is distancing on assembly lines for some, materials for some issues, and of course there is always a higher demand for things like hot tubs, when people are staying home? Could that be true? I have no idea. I just cannot believe the supply is not meeting demand.

Neither of our timeshares have opened the hot tubs Or sauna due to COVID

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Neither of our timeshares have opened the hot tubs Or sauna due to COVID
Today I spoke to the timeshare that I will be staying at between walk thru and closing. They called me, no direct contact with anyone. Had to pay the security, lockbox to get into unit, whatever you need you text them for. The good news is I had two weeks In a row that seemed like different hoas and they can keep me in one unit which means I only have to sanitize one unit.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Just catching up with your thread. You've been busy! :D

I can completely identify with the mortgage hassles. I had some similar things happen. The Lender kept asking me for things I had given them previously. They had a website dashboard where I could see what had been uploaded to them. I'd be talking on the phone with an ever-changing worker-bee person at the other end, and I'd say, "Ok, now on the list on your website, the fifth entry down is what you're asking for." And they'd say, "Oh, yes. I see it now. Thanks for submitting that." Frustrating, because they weren't even looking, just asking for it again. They wanted to be spoon-fed everything. I had to show them three different times that they already had the Final Closing Disclosure statement from the sale of my previous home, including the day after the new mortgage had been funded and the escrow closed. Agonizing.

I also now understand what you meant in the other thread about gray walls and flooring and such. Your place is going to be really nice.

I can completely relate to the delay in ordered furniture and flooring. I literally just got off the phone with my flooring people, who have finally given me an arrival date for the flooring they've had on order for nearly a month. The delay was worth it, as we're getting the specific color we wanted. If it had been completely unavailable, as it first appeared, we'd have had to accept a second choice color. It would have been okay, but not what we wanted. So it's worth it in the end, but what a pain. Same with appliances - they've been on order over a month, and will finally arrive in two deliveries over the next two weeks. Patio furniture I ordered online on July 31st has been delayed numerous times, and the latest change in shipping says it will be here sometime in October. I sure hope it's worth it. Window coverings won't arrive till November. So yeah, there's that. ;)

Keep telling yourself that it will all be worth it in the end. Yes, a royal pain right now. But in a year? Only a distant memory.

Good luck. You're worth it. :D

Dave

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Hi Panina! You look so young.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Panina! You look so young.
Thank you but since I lost the weight I look 10 years older then I did before. The fat use to fill my face more, less wrinkles. I took that picture yesterday.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Thank you but since I lost the weight I look 10 years older then I did before. The fat use to fill my face more, less wrinkles. I took that picture yesterday.
But you look happy. :)

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But you look happy. :)
I am getting back to who I was. Yesterday just put some makeup on for the heck of it, just for fun and took some pics. I don’t look much different without makeup, I’m lucky. I can’t remember the last time I put makeup on since the pandemic. Step by step I am emerging.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara

You look great. Nice smile and cheek bones. I do not see wrinkles. We are always are harshest critic!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I have lost 78 pounds since 9/3/2019. You can just imagine what my skin is looking like. But I love feeling this good. I don't care that my skin is sagging around my eyes. I don't usually wear makeup and I might put some on and actually take a selfie!

I am really just 2 pounds from goal, maybe less. I stopped weighing myself every week. I am going to weigh in next on 10/11, the morning we leave for Orlando. I am just continuing the program, hoping to get a surprise on the scale. It takes forever to lose weight at the end of the journey. I don't know why.

I did buy the Built Bars, and oh my goodness. I love those things. 130 calories. I eat just one a day and an 80 calorie yogurt each day, too. So I am replacing a few of my meals.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

TTSDavid

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
TheTravelSecret
So I ordered my bedroom floors to replace the carpet, a dining room table and chairs, a bed frame, nightstands and a daybed for the guest room. The rest of the furniture will come from my current home. The picture of the dining room, I picked the dark grey chair, the daybed -the grey swatch is my chosen color with black legs.
View attachment 26466
View attachment 26461View attachment 26462
View attachment 26463View attachment 26464View attachment 26465
I really like this style!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are beautiful thanks for sharing that Glamour Shot, Must be the water you are drinking, You look Happy and that is the Key.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You are beautiful thanks for sharing that Glamour Shot, Must be the water you are drinking, You look Happy and that is the Key.
Thanks, Glamour shot not, just me. Too shy to post my glamour shot.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Finally today Mortgage didn’t ask for any more documentation. I have my first walk on Monday and am supposed to close Friday. I do not have final confirmation I will close. I have two weeks at a timeshare, one room so I can wait it out. I actually have a third week but not sure I would wait it out so long. Not sure if I will start traveling tomorrow or Sunday.

I had mover price shock this week . Some never called back. Yesterday I finally got an estimate and was shocked, over $7000. Today I had additional appointments and from a national mover I got the best price $3600. The only difference is I have to wait a few extra days to get my stuff. Interesting how they work. This end loads, the driver is from this end and at the other end the local office provides the staff to unload. My final move will probably happen the third week of October.

Still no word on when my floors will get installed and whether the tile can be gotten sooner. Not happy about the lack of communication. Will deal with it on Monday. I will probably delay the new furniture delivery too until they have the dining table I ordered.

I set up my electric account, can’t set up water and sewer until I close, have an appointment set for my license and registration in a few weeks and still have to find out how to apply for homestead tax savings. Can’t make a decision about my cable/internet service. The cost is high. I have appointments set in a few weeks with a doctor and eye doctor that I chose.

I don’t feel the excitement now, kind of holding back. With my happiness is some sadness, normal I am told. Almost at the finish line and then it begins.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Finally today Mortgage didn’t ask for any more documentation. I have my first walk on Monday and am supposed to close Friday. I do not have final confirmation I will close. I have two weeks at a timeshare, one room so I can wait it out. I actually have a third week but not sure I would wait it out so long. Not sure if I will start traveling tomorrow or Sunday.

I had mover price shock this week . Some never called back. Yesterday I finally got an estimate and was shocked, over $7000. Today I had additional appointments and from a national mover I got the best price $3600. The only difference is I have to wait a few extra days to get my stuff. Interesting how they work. This end loads, the driver is from this end and at the other end the local office provides the staff to unload. My final move will probably happen the third week of October.

Still no word on when my floors will get installed and whether the tile can be gotten sooner. Not happy about the lack of communication. Will deal with it on Monday. I will probably delay the new furniture delivery too until they have the dining table I ordered.

I set up my electric account, can’t set up water and sewer until I close, have an appointment set for my license and registration in a few weeks and still have to find out how to apply for homestead tax savings. Can’t make a decision about my cable/internet service. The cost is high. I have appointments set in a few weeks with a doctor and eye doctor that I chose.

I don’t feel the excitement now, kind of holding back. With my happiness is some sadness, normal I am told. Almost at the finish line and then it begins.

It’s the stress now again. Just hang in there and take a day at a time. Watch your health. It will be hard again and then once you’re in you can breathe a sigh of relief. I actually went through that a bit myself with the sadness because our new home closing was very stressful with the problems with the builder on top of everything else. Zapped the joy out of the whole thing!

But everything passes. You will get through it!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to remember what we did for homestead registration. Once you have the Drivers license And car registration I believe We got a checking account and a library card and had our mail held and changed all our addresses before we closed on the house but I can’t remember if it was paperwork or an in person visit

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Decided to leave Sunday morning. Leaving today would have made me rush. I do not need the extra pressure or to forget what I need.

The mortgage company sent me a notice this morning for more statements which I already uploaded last week. I went to verify I did send them before and then sent them again also sending an email to all involved. UGH.

The weather here in SC is in the 60’s so rare for this time of year. Today Delray Beach is in the 90’s and feels like 105, ouch. I hope I get use to the extreme heat living. Happy I have my studio coop in NY so I know I can somewhere to escape to.