• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2020 ] Join me in my Journey - My Next Chapter

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
If this is the same ablation procedure used for A-fib, research it carefully. My Cardiologist wanted to perform one on me about 6 or 7 years ago. My research at the time revealed that it was effective only about 50% or the time and that when effective lasted less than 3 years 50% of the time. I chose not to have it done. I hasten to add that I am talking 6 or 7 years ago and that today's procedure my produce better results...

George

I had an ablation done 3.5 years ago for a-fib. It has worked great. I have a loop recorder and my cardiologist told me I have had one 30 second episode since the procedure. It was self induced (I was on a guys weekend and had a little too much fun) and haven’t had any since. Before the ablation, I was in a-fib for up 36-48 hours at a time.

It worked very well for me, but I have known people who have had 2 and it’s still not working for them. It was a very long procedure (I was on the table for 6 hours as they mapped my atrium before they started burning), but was up and around a few days later.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
If this is the same ablation procedure used for A-fib, research it carefully. My Cardiologist wanted to perform one on me about 6 or 7 years ago. My research at the time revealed that it was effective only about 50% or the time and that when effective lasted less than 3 years 50% of the time. I chose not to have it done. I hasten to add that I am talking 6 or 7 years ago and that today's procedure my produce better results...

George
I was told this procedure is 98% successful. It took 60 years for this to happen with a condition I was born with. Maybe I will get lucky and won’t get it again. Wishful thinking.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I have afib also, in fact all 4 of my cousins have it, must be a family trait. None of us have had ablation all controlled with meds, I take metoprolol. I’ve had cardioversion 3 times and it came back every time. I’m also on xarelto to guard against blood clots or stroke.

I have a friend that tried ablation, his afib came back 3 months later. He’s going to try again because he hates that feeling when it comes on strong, the rapid heatbeat, flushed sweaty nervous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Dear Panina:

Sorry that you are having cardiac health problems. I am not a cardiologist. I am unfamiliar with your medical history. I have not examined you nor Have I seen the results of any of your tests. Therefore, I cannot offer you any meaning advice. However, we can all offer you our prayers.
6BC0255D-D56E-41C6-A39E-4BA1EA9A7863.jpeg

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I have afib also, in fact all 4 of my cousins have it, must be a family trait. None of us have had ablation all controlled with meds, I take metoprolol. I’ve had cardioversion 3 times and it came back every time. I’m also on xarelto to guard against blood clots or stroke.

I have a friend that tried ablation, his afib came back 3 months later. He’s going to try again because he hates that feeling when it comes on strong, the rapid heatbeat, flushed sweaty nervous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It‘s a family thing for me, too. My uncle has A-Fib. I am also on a CPAP and that helps as well. My wife also love the fact I don’t snore anymore either.

Mine was caught in a routine physical. I was sent to a cardiologist and was put on beta blockers and xarelto. He was hoping to keep it down with meds. After first reading of the loop, that went out the window.

I was 42 when I was diagnosed and in otherwise good health. It was a surprise to all of use that I had this condition. Was very lucky I didn’t have a massive stroke from the blood pooling in my atrium.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So I ordered my bedroom floors to replace the carpet, a dining room table and chairs, a bed frame, nightstands and a daybed for the guest room. The rest of the furniture will come from my current home. The picture of the dining room, I picked the dark grey chair, the daybed -the grey swatch is my chosen color with black legs.
77473BA9-7AC4-496A-9743-E14A4FC3DC21.jpeg

7154A96D-24D1-4752-85A2-3D1000D897B2.jpeg
EDE3BEFF-9825-4EB0-AEBC-69A30284FD7C.jpeg

BCAF6328-B872-4AA9-9FCF-B9F9927F792E.jpeg
6744B9B4-02C9-4CCF-9A34-93952EEAB265.jpeg
17416402-80E3-459E-8205-8865781EFC97.jpeg

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The furniture seems similar to that of the Jetsons....
I like it.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The furniture seems similar to that of the Jetsons....
I like it.
The furniture setup never ends up looking how the individual pieces are pictured. It is fun to take pieces with a modern edge and mix them up with other styles. I will post pictures when done.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your home is going to be beautiful.

Love you selection of your floor patterns and color.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
So I ordered my bedroom floors to replace the carpet, a dining room table and chairs, a bed frame, nightstands and a daybed for the guest room. The rest of the furniture will come from my current home. The picture of the dining room, I picked the dark grey chair, the daybed -the grey swatch is my chosen color with black legs.
View attachment 26466
View attachment 26461View attachment 26462
View attachment 26463View attachment 26464View attachment 26465

All beautiful! Especially love the flooring! It's all going to look great!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
The daybed is gorgeous. I also love the dining chair. I would have trouble getting in and out of a bed with that much frame sticking out around the bottom. My daughter's bed is like that and when I stay over and sleep in it, it's awkward for me, even though padded. The nightstand is a little too modern for me but interesting and very sleek. I can't wait to see it when finished. I'm sure it will be gorgeous.

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
Gorgeous furniture. I am interested in how you like the two-level bed. The daybed is stunning. Lots of natural light so that should be great to lounge and read on the daybed. So excited for you that the pieces are coming together. Be gentle with the errands and chores, you are still recovering.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gorgeous furniture. I am interested in how you like the two-level bed. The daybed is stunning. Lots of natural light so that should be great to lounge and read on the daybed. So excited for you that the pieces are coming together. Be gentle with the errands and chores, you are still recovering.
I did all this shopping from the comfort of my recliner and desk. The daybed I already had but am leaving it for my other half and getting it in the color I want. The rest of the furniture I saw online and then the store decorator sent me additional photos. These pieces I can say no to if I don’t like them on delivery. As far as the bed edge, I started worrying with the few comments. Then I took a good look at my current frame which is wood on all sides. The spacing in similar so the sit down will be similar too thus I don’t think it will be a problem. Somewhere to put my remotes Instead of them falling inside the wood frame and having to crawl to get them.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So what a week.

The mortgage company needs a statement or 30 day history to show the money I got from “selling” my half of the house cleared the bank. It wasn’t enough to show the settlement statement, the check, the electronic deposit and that it was available as cash in the account, they needed a statement which my bank could not provide. Spoke with many people at the bank and the only alternative is to wait for the statement to be produced which won’t be until next week. Not sure I will close as scheduled. My first walk thru is Monday and my closing was supposed to be next Friday. I really do not want to travel and do the walk if they cannot close me in time. This whole mortgage process put me in tears this week, never again a mortgage. The process is frustrating.

My bedroom vinyl floors are delayed. Once I hear delayed that to means you never know how long. It adds difficulty and increased cost to the price as my furniture will be moved in. I just asked if the tile is in stock and if I can switch. Whereas I preferred the vinyl I would have been happy if the whole house was tiled when I purchased it and would not have changed it.

The furniture order I placed has a problem too. The dining table I ordered I am now told is not in stock and won’t be available until November. Come November will they tell me they cannot get it? I feel I was baited with a lie it was all in stock. I would not have put the order in if it wasn’t in stock.

Movers, they must be very busy. Most do not return calls. I finally found two that will give me estimates later this week.

The process to become a resident in Florida has issues too. You have to wait many weeks to get an appointment for a drivers license thus delaying residency and homestead rebate application which also delays car registration. Seems I will be living there and still be a resident of SC for awhile.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
So what a week.

The mortgage company needs a statement or 30 day history to show the money I got from “selling” my half of the house cleared the bank. It wasn’t enough to show the settlement statement, the check, the electronic deposit and that it was available as cash in the account, they needed a statement which my bank could not provide. Spoke with many people at the bank and the only alternative is to wait for the statement to be produced which won’t be until next week. Not sure I will close as scheduled. My first walk thru is Monday and my closing was supposed to be next Friday. I really do not want to travel and do the walk if they cannot close me in time. This whole mortgage process put me in tears this week, never again a mortgage. The process is frustrating.

My bedroom vinyl floors are delayed. Once I hear delayed that to means you never know how long. It adds difficulty and increased cost to the price as my furniture will be moved in. I just asked if the tile is in stock and if I can switch. Whereas I preferred the vinyl I would have been happy if the whole house was tiled when I purchased it and would not have changed it.

The furniture order I placed has a problem too. The dining table I ordered I am now told is not in stock and won’t be available until November. Come November will they tell me they cannot get it? I feel I was baited with a lie it was all in stock. I would not have put the order in if it wasn’t in stock.

Movers, they must be very busy. Most do not return calls. I finally found two that will give me estimates later this week.

The process to become a resident in Florida has issues too. You have to wait many weeks to get an appointment for a drivers license thus delaying residency and homestead rebate application which also delays car registration. Seems I will be living there and still be a resident of SC for awhile.

Geez. what a hassle! The bank thing is really ridiculous. I would be livid!

As for your floor, so are you just going with the tile then? That's what I would do. It;s not worth the aggravation. The tile was nice, too.

I would also try to find a different table unless you can make due with something else you already have in the meantime.

As for the movers, I bet they are really busy and also have a tough time getting employees. Get references. I got around 3 quotes, but I also kept getting these scam calls regarding moving companies. Many had the same name- United- and it made it confusing as to whether or not they were legitimate. But I was on to them.

I remember when my brother went through becoming a resident when he moved from NY. He had to wait, but once at the DMV he said they were very nonchalant and friendly - place was empty- -and he was in and out in no time flat. (small DMV).

Good luck with it all. Why does everything have to be so hard?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Mortgages are tougher to get than they used to be. Our refinancing of our townhouse was so ridiculous, statements resent every week or two, lots of information asked for again and again. I was so sick of the constant emails and phone calls. I vowed to never do it again. We did it for our son. We didn't even have a mortgage on our house or on the townhouse at the time. Income wasn't a problem, nor was our credit, but it was aggravating.

I love your choices for furniture and flooring. Our granddaughter just turned 3 in May, and so they decided to get her a full-sized bed and bedroom furniture for her room. The furniture is backordered until November 1st. They ordered it in August. Covid is to blame.

Our son also has a fireplace store, and the manufacturing has been slow due to Covid. People tend to understand, but it could hurt his business, not being able to get fireplaces that people want.

Our timeshare in Frisco, CO, has hot tubs on the deck. One broke, and it's backordered. We haven't had a hot tub since May. We ordered from Costco. It won't be in until October. Usually it's a week or two. Owners expect a hot tub. Covid again.

My understanding is distancing on assembly lines for some, materials for some issues, and of course there is always a higher demand for things like hot tubs, when people are staying home? Could that be true? I have no idea. I just cannot believe the supply is not meeting demand.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
So what a week.

The mortgage company needs a statement or 30 day history to show the money I got from “selling” my half of the house cleared the bank. It wasn’t enough to show the settlement statement, the check, the electronic deposit and that it was available as cash in the account, they needed a statement which my bank could not provide. Spoke with many people at the bank and the only alternative is to wait for the statement to be produced which won’t be until next week.

Are you set up to access your Bank Account online? If you are, you should be able to print out your current transactions. That would be all transactions since your last statement. Between my Son and I we have accounts with Wells Fargo, Chase, Bank of America and Frost Bank and can do this for all four. If you can, print out Current Transactions and a copy of your last Statement and send both to your Mortgage Company. The combination of the two should show the transactions you need and continuity between your last Statement and Current Transactions and may be acceptable to your Mortgage Company...

George

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Too bad things don't always go smooth....being in another state does not help matters.

We went through so many issues when we helped my dd buy her home. Being in another state did not help matters. Same with furniture delivery. After all was ordered, only half would be delivered. Tables back order. It meant another trip for my husband and I to be at the house out of state to accept delivery, etc. etc. We were constantly taking a ride.

My son just had a deck built around his above ground pool. A three day job took about six weeks :(

Now they are almost done with his complete kitchen reno - took down walls too. No one shows up the day or time they are supposed to show up. Nothing is delivered on the day they say. Being that my son and dil both work, my husband has had to go to the house and "wait" for everyone almost daily. It's all frustrating.

I do remember hearing recently how moving companies are all booked right and have never been so busy. So many people moving (COVD related).

Sorry about all the hassles. I would also sign up for on-line banking even if it's just to check your account. You will see it clear before you get your statement and can print it out like George said. Not sure if it would help with having a closing date earlier. See if the mortgage company will accept that before setting up a new date.

All reasons why I hate to have any major projects done anymore.

I like tiles :) - sounds good to me.

Hoping things all aways moving along smooth for you. Breathe.

kckaren21

TUG Member
Reaction score
On a side note, amazes me how many people I know have tried to talk me out of moving on. They believe me staying in a very bad relationship is better. I take a deep breathe and realize they are afraid for me, maybe their inner fears for themselves. I just wish they could understand they should be afraid if I stood and support me with what is ahead.

Yes, people project their fears on you, and you don't have to adopt them. I'm so glad you are forging ahead, even with the challenges you are on your way to a wonderful new start! A friend of mine recently told me she divorced her 2nd husband 2 yrs ago and has never been happier! She moved out of state, stopped drinking and did a diet program and has more energy and joy than ever, at 59 yrs old. Name it and claim it! Your TUG community supports you!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you set up to access your Bank Account online? If you are, you should be able to print out your current transactions. That would be all transactions since your last statement. Between my Son and I we have accounts with Wells Fargo, Chase, Bank of America and Frost Bank and can do this for all four. If you can, print out Current Transactions and a copy of your last Statement and send both to your Mortgage Company. The combination of the two should show the transactions you need and continuity between your last Statement and Current Transactions and may be acceptable to your Mortgage Company...

George
Tried that, not accepted as not official. I finally got someone official to send it over. Let’s see if that is good enough.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I hope that works. A branch manager may be able to help with this.
I had to talk to one when a teller said there was a hold on wired funds.
I talked them into releasing the hold and issuing a certified check.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Sorry for all your troubles. As we all know a large part of all of these delays is a side effect of Covid19. Just think in a year or two when all of this is over you will look back on the troubles and curse, scream, beat your head against the wall, etc.:wall::crash::eek::):oops::love: