• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2020 ] Join me in my Journey - My Next Chapter

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
How are you feeling today? Hoping all is smooth sailing from here on.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
How are you feeling today? Hoping all is smooth sailing from here on.
I was very tired this morning. Mom woke me very early as she was concerned I was ok. After eating I felt better. Overall felt good. Thank you for asking.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Misery loves company. My DW's injury is not life-threatening, but...
Last week, she managed to twist her knee in the surf off Marco Island.
No breaks, but she's using a brace, crutches, and keeping it iced.
Tuesday, she sees an Orthopedist.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Hope she feels better soon

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Misery loves company. DW injury is not life-threatening, but...
There's no breaks, but she's using a brace, crutches, and keeping it iced.

Thank stinks. Hope all turns out to be ok.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Hmmm. Mayo Clinic lists fast heart rate as a side effect. Might be uncommon, but It’s listed. DH in medical field usually Says look at most logical thing-you took the meds an hour earlier and developed weird symptoms-good chance it’s the med.
I had a systemic reaction to cipro-my dr completely discounted it. Got a new dr who realized I wasn’t making stuff up. I can’t take certain meds either. Glad you’re better.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hope she is feeling okay/better.

DancingWaters

TUG Member
Reaction score
Panani, you need to continue being your own health advocate. We know our symptoms and bodies better than any one. Glad you went to get checked out and are safely home!

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry to read these new developments. I'm glad to know everything is back on course and you received immediate care and interventions. Choose your own dates, nothing is written in stone. You have to do what's best for you. I remember selling my house and the seller asked for me to move the closing date up so she could be in the home for her birthday. It was not possible for me to do so with all my plans made, flights, dog, new country etc so I said no and kept the original date I set. Deep breaths ...you're at the final stretch.

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Not much fun. Hope DW gets well soon.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Just what you didn't need. Please take your time and don't let the stress allow the health issues to creep back in.
Hope all of the dates/closing/mortgage stuff works out, too...

And, once you move, I am *sure* you will quickly make friends that would take you to the ER, or stay in your guest room to watch out for you if you need it.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
And, once you move, I am *sure* you will quickly make friends that would take you to the ER, or stay in your guest room to watch out for you if you need it.

In this time of COVID when many are staying close to home, we've talked more to our neighbors than we have in the 20+ years that we've lived here. We see them walking in the street or working in their yards. It turns out that they're actually quite friendly. The four in closest proximity offered their assistance after my DW's injury. I thought, "How neighborly."

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I was very tired this morning. Mom woke me very early as she was concerned I was ok. After eating I felt better. Overall felt good. Thank you for asking.

I hope your feeling better today....Hopefully all goes smoothly from this point on with your new home...

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I finally got good dates for my walk thru and closing date 9/21 and 9/25. Closing might even be sooner. I actually wanted to go down this Saturday but realize taking it easy for awhile after my medical ordeal would be wise. I also locked in my mortgage rates 2.625%, amazed how low. Also today went and got 12 timeshare deeds notarized and ready for FedEx tomorrow.

The cardiologist office called me this morning, actually woke me at 8:30. They wanted to see me within 30 days. I asked if they have any cancellation this week and am going in at 10 am tomorrow morning and right after seeing the cardiologist will see my regular doctor. As far as I am concerned the sooner the better, why wait. Let them torture me with tests and let’s deal with whatever has to be dealt with. I still believe the medicine caused it all but now the question is did any other damage occur?

Until this afternoon I was still so tired. This morning I did the slowest 1/2 mile walk I ever did and it was an effort. By this afternoon it was easy to do a mile. Hoping I wake up feeling as good as I did this afternoon.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Today I saw the cardiologist. Bottom line is I was born with an extra path in my heart that can cause the erratic and high beat per minutes problem I experienced on Saturday. He told me it might never happen again, could happen today, 5 years from now, etc. Wait and see is what needs to happen. If it does continue there are beta blockers or an heart ablation procedure that can shut down the extra path. He does not believe the antibiotic caused it or at least from a medical standpoint it shouldn’t. He also feels this condition is not life threatening. It sure feels like it while it is happening.

Off to my internist I went down the hall. She decided to take thyroid tests as that can cause this problem. She also said on Saturday my white blood count was slightly elevated and since my temperature has been running between 98.1 and 99 I possibly have a virus. I normally run about 97. She also decided to send me for a Covid test tomorrow afternoon just to rule it out. Her personal opinion is the antibiotic could have caused my problem as over the years she has seen reactions with me no one else gets. Her opinion if the condition comes back and continues to get the procedure, she feels betas would exhaust me.

During all this I started sweating, feeling extremely hot, kind of feeling like I was having a panic attack. Luckily the doc was there and listened to my heart and all was good. I actually went into a room myself took my mask off to do deep breathing with an ice pack on me. It took about 10 minutes to pass and I took my blood test.

I must admit I feel nervous about not knowing if this will ever happen again. The unknown sucks. It can happen anywhere, I can only imagine if it happens when I am on a plane or overnight train. Having to go alone to an emergency room in a town I am unfamiliar with and then figuring out where to stay , the thought is overwhelming. It is kind of like an eye condition I have, never knowing when it can bleed but at least I have 24 hours to see a doctor, this would be more immediate. Will just have to adjust to what will be will be. I am grateful at least there are treatment options.

The good news is closing on my current home signing over the house over to my other half is tomorrow. He already transferred the money to the lawyers office.

The Mortgage company called me today. They only need a few more things, one current bank statement, my settlement statement with proof of funds on my current home and a homeowners insurance policy. Was too exhausted today but hopefully will get all done by Friday morning.

I ordered some stools for the kitchen counter area. I went the cheap way and spent a total $240 for three stools from Wayfair. My current home has Frontgate stools but it won’t match my decor so I am leaving them for him. The new stools came and he was nice and put them together. I am shocked how nice they are for the money. The quality surpassed my expectations.
536BD112-6B04-49C1-9B25-FDDF49CF4E6D.jpeg

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Those stools look great!
I'm grateful that you were referring to real stools and not stool samples.

Ah, the joys of real estate closings...
We bought a house that had two addresses... one for 911, and another for mail.
It wasn't disclosed until closing which was delayed for hours. The post office won.

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
DW and I have a notice, on a sticker on some old library card, with doctors' names and numbers, meds being taken, and "no allergies."

If I were you, I'd put a similar sticker or note in my wallet, next to my medical insurance card, with the cardiologist's name and number, the name of the condition, and what the successful intervention was. That could help in the case of the unexpected problem away from home.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Today I saw the cardiologist. Bottom line is I was born with an extra path in my heart that can cause the erratic and high beat per minutes problem I experienced on Saturday. He told me it might never happen again, could happen today, 5 years from now, etc. Wait and see is what needs to happen. If it does continue there are beta blockers or an heart ablation procedure that can shut down the extra path. He does not believe the antibiotic caused it or at least from a medical standpoint it shouldn’t. He also feels this condition is not life threatening. It sure feels like it while it is happening.

Off to my internist I went down the hall. She decided to take thyroid tests as that can cause this problem. She also said on Saturday my white blood count was slightly elevated and since my temperature has been running between 98.1 and 99 I possibly have a virus. I normally run about 97. She also decided to send me for a Covid test tomorrow afternoon just to rule it out. Her personal opinion is the antibiotic could have caused my problem as over the years she has seen reactions with me no one else gets. Her opinion if the condition comes back and continues to get the procedure, she feels betas would exhaust me.

During all this I started sweating, feeling extremely hot, kind of feeling like I was having a panic attack. Luckily the doc was there and listened to my heart and all was good. I actually went into a room myself took my mask off to do deep breathing with an ice pack on me. It took about 10 minutes to pass and I took my blood test.

I must admit I feel nervous about not knowing if this will ever happen again. The unknown sucks. It can happen anywhere, I can only imagine if it happens when I am on a plane or overnight train. Having to go alone to an emergency room in a town I am unfamiliar with and then figuring out where to stay , the thought is overwhelming. It is kind of like an eye condition I have, never knowing when it can bleed but at least I have 24 hours to see a doctor, this would be more immediate. Will just have to adjust to what will be will be. I am grateful at least there are treatment options.

The good news is closing on my current home signing over the house over to my other half is tomorrow. He already transferred the money to the lawyers office.

The Mortgage company called me today. They only need a few more things, one current bank statement, my settlement statement with proof of funds on my current home and a homeowners insurance policy. Was too exhausted today but hopefully will get all done by Friday morning.

I ordered some stools for the kitchen counter area. I went the cheap way and spent a total $240 for three stools from Wayfair. My current home has Frontgate stools but it won’t match my decor so I am leaving them for him. The new stools came and he was nice and put them together. I am shocked how nice they are for the money. The quality surpassed my expectations.
View attachment 26392

First off, love the stools! There really is no need to spend a ton of money on stools. In our former home I bought ours at Walmart.com and they were perfect. The buyers of our home even purchased them from us.

Second, glad your medical issues were addressed and you are ok. Try not to worry about it too much. Anything can happen to any of us at any time.

Third- happy to hear about the closing on your current house!

All falling into place!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Love the barstools.

I should have thought of thyroid issues with your symptoms. Rapid heartbeat, faint, weakness, etc., all symptoms of Graves' Disease. I no longer have a functioning thyroid for that reason. The doc zapped it with radioactive iodine. That was just a freaky experience.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Love the barstools.

I should have thought of thyroid issues with your symptoms. Rapid heartbeat, faint, weakness, etc., all symptoms of Graves' Disease. I no longer have a functioning thyroid for that reason. The doc zapped it with radioactive iodine. That was just a freaky experience.
My thyroid test came back ok. Not that that means much in my family. My mom, sister and niece all experienced low thyroid symptoms for years yet tested negative. They are all on thyroid medication now.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it does continue there are beta blockers or an heart ablation procedure that can shut down the extra path.

If this is the same ablation procedure used for A-fib, research it carefully. My Cardiologist wanted to perform one on me about 6 or 7 years ago. My research at the time revealed that it was effective only about 50% or the time and that when effective lasted less than 3 years 50% of the time. I chose not to have it done. I hasten to add that I am talking 6 or 7 years ago and that today's procedure my produce better results...

George