• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2020 ] Join me in my Journey - My Next Chapter

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
If we didn't have grandkids, we would be right there with you in a big move to Florida, specifically to a retirement community. I would love it, and we do have friends, a retired Denver firefighter, who moved to The Villages about 10 years ago. They are ecstatically happy, playing golf multiple times a day, and I believe he is still playing guitar with a band that performs in one of the clubs onsite.

His 3 kids were treating his second wife like garbage, even though she was buying them most of their clothes as they were growing up. He decided to retire early and move to Florida after visiting another DFD retiree who's lived there for several years.

They have been married for 37 years. His kids were old enough to know better.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Actually with the company I am working with not a hassle. Using my financial institution was a nightmare that I stopped the process with them. Rates are so low that it was worth going for a mortgage.
That is good. We went through a company that kept asking for the same things over and over again. I was getting frustrated. It's like they didn't keep whatever we scanned and sent over. But really, they wanted to know everything up to date, and so they asked for bank statements every couple of weeks.

We had to finance the townhouse to help our son with opening his business. We paid it off years ago with our home mortgage, and so our home mortgage we paid in 5 years. We had the townhouse fully paid for at one time.

Our son couldn't get a small business loan, so we said we could borrow on that. He pays the payments and was very grateful for the loan. His business has been crawling since Covid. He took a risk opening it 3 years ago, and it was just starting to make money, then the virus.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
This week was the first time I felt overwhelmed, even a few tears.

The mortgage process wore me down. Initially it was so smooth. The ridiculous stuff they ask for after giving me a conditional approval. I was afraid the process would take me well into October but I found out they had another way, time will tell.

Today I get an email that my first walk is next Thursday, Really? I was asking for weeks and they hardly give me notice. Can’t do as the property I live in now I am signing over to my soon to be ex at the lawyers office.

Asked for the following week, waiting for an answer. Closing was set for the 17th, when did that happen? My contract says the 28th and their mortgage company still hasn’t given me final approval.

In addition, I have an inflammation on my ear that my skin doctor took care of a few weeks ago that seems worse now. Going to my internist tomorrow for another opinion. Hoping It isn’t anything major as that could keep me here longer.

My energy is now low, I have been going to sleep every night exhausted. I remember when I moved last time, I never want to move again, as it was exhausting and here I go again. At least my lists are getting smaller. Progress is definitely being made even though it seems never ending.

I keep thinking next month I will be where I need to be and be able to rest.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

The mortgage process wore me down. Initially it was so smooth. The ridiculous stuff they ask for after giving me a conditional approval. I was afraid the process would take me well into October but I found out they had another way, time will tell.

Today I get an email that my first walk is next Thursday, Really? I was asking for weeks and they hardly give me notice. Can’t do as the property I live in now I am signing over to my soon to be ex at the lawyers office.

Asked for the following week, waiting for an answer. Closing was set for the 17th, when did that happen? My contract says the 28th and their mortgage company still hasn’t given me final approval.

In addition, I have an inflammation on my ear that my skin doctor took care of a few weeks ago that seems worse now. Going to my internist tomorrow for another opinion. Hoping It isn’t anything major as that could keep me here longer.

My energy is now low, I have been going to sleep every night exhausted. I remember when I moved last time, I never want to move again, as it was exhausting and here I go again. At least my lists are getting smaller. Progress is definitely being made even though it seems never ending.

1599176540538.png

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Yikes. Hang in there. There’s bound to be a few upsets or kinks. Try as best you can to get rest and keep your immune system healthy. I know easier said than done but You need all the strength you can muster up to finish this move.

You have been through a lot and have done an incredible amount of work and it’s probably catching up with you. So slow it down as much as possible and take care of your health first.

Hoping the best for you. Prayers....

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Hang in there Panina. You are a strong and couregeous woman. And if you are of the type have a couple sips of chilled Tequila.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Look at the bright side of moving. You don't have his stuff to deal with, which is a positive, and you are leaving a lot of the furniture to get new things, so moving won't be quite like last time.

I hope all goes well with your doctor.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI

My prescription: stress reduction; whatever works for you. A good fast walk, deep breathing, yoga (blowing off steam on tug) etc. You've had a lot piled on in a short amount of time. I'd be surprised if the stress involved didn't pop up in something like a skin inflammation or low energy. Make time to take care of yourself along the way.

Sue

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
So many details - they are and can be stressful. Just tell them the date/s don't work for you. I don't think you have to accept their dates. They should be able to work with you. Take some deep breaths. I don't like things rushed. Good luck with the dates.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So I felt yesterday I had my stress under control. Woke up today feeling good too..... unfortunately when it rains it pours.

Today I ended up in the emergency at the hospital. I have a skin condition that my internist decided yesterday to give me cephalexin as a precaution until I could get to the skin doctor.

This morning I decided to call the office before I took it as it said if allergic to penicillin you could be allergic to it. Back in February I was given amoxicillin for a sinus infection and after two pills I had severe diarrhea and headaches. I stopped taking. So I tell the nurse my concerns and she tell me the diarrhea is a side affect of many antibiotics and it is ok to take this. I take it at 12 noon and by 1 I am having palpitations and a heart rate of 190. I go to the hospital. I had a svt episode that they had to inject Adenisone to reduce. In addition my ekg heart rhythm was not good.

What a weird feeling when they put the medicine in my vein. They told me I might feel like my heart stops for a second. I only experienced a hot pain in my other arm. After the medicine, immediately all went back to normal. Ekg was good, heart xray was good, heart rate down to normal, blood good, blood pressure good.

The hospital doctor doesn’t believe cephalexin caused this as it is not a common reaction. Not sure I agree, maybe I had a rare reaction. I am very sensitive to medication and foods and when something doesn’t agree with me I get immediate reactions.

They called the heart doctors office for consultation I dealt with last year for an auto immune reaction I had with gluten. I had major testing. He said send her home, No medicine, isolated incident, will see her in a few days. Was told if heart rate goes to 110 come back to the hospital.

Doctor and nurses at hospital were great. Have to hope no covid anywhere. Doctor said I will be tired like I had an high intensive workout. I am happy I lost 44 lbs this year. I Can just imagine it being worse with the weight.

I should have gone with my gut. I had a bad feeling about the medicine. I told my soon to be ex to please keep an eye on me as I am taking a new medicine. His reaction what if you were living alone. He disappeared. When the symptoms appeared I called him to take me to the hospital. If I was alone I would have called 911. They didn’t allow him in emergency. He picked me up and now asleep on the couch next to my recliner.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel so badly for you, virtual hugs

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh my! I hope you feel better soon. That's all you need on top of everything else you are going through.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
So I felt yesterday I had my stress under control. Woke up today feeling good too..... unfortunately when it rains it pours.

Today I ended up in the emergency at the hospital. I have a skin condition that my internist decided yesterday to give me cephalexin as a precaution until I could get to the skin doctor.

This morning I decided to call the office before I took it as it said if allergic to penicillin you could be allergic to it. Back in February I was given amoxicillin for a sinus infection and after two pills I had severe diarrhea and headaches. I stopped taking. So I tell the nurse my concerns and she tell me the diarrhea is a side affect of many antibiotics and it is ok to take this. I take it at 12 noon and by 1 I am having palpitations and a heart rate of 190. I go to the hospital. I had a svt episode that they had to inject Adenisone to reduce. In addition my ekg heart rhythm was not good.

What a weird feeling when they put the medicine in my vein. They told me I might feel like my heart stops for a second. I only experienced a hot pain in my other arm. After the medicine, immediately all went back to normal. Ekg was good, heart xray was good, heart rate down to normal, blood good, blood pressure good.

The hospital doctor doesn’t believe cephalexin caused this as it is not a common reaction. Not sure I agree, maybe I had a rare reaction. I am very sensitive to medication and foods and when something doesn’t agree with me I get immediate reactions.

They called the heart doctors office for consultation I dealt with last year for an auto immune reaction I had with gluten. I had major testing. He said send her home, No medicine, isolated incident, will see her in a few days. Was told if heart rate goes to 110 come back to the hospital.

Doctor and nurses at hospital were great. Have to hope no covid anywhere. Doctor said I will be tired like I had an high intensive workout. I am happy I lost 44 lbs this year. I Can just imagine it being worse with the weight.

I should have gone with my gut. I had a bad feeling about the medicine. I told my soon to be ex to please keep an eye on me as I am taking a new medicine. His reaction what if you were living alone. He disappeared. When the symptoms appeared I called him to take me to the hospital. If I was alone I would have called 911. They didn’t allow him in emergency. He picked me up and now asleep on the couch next to my recliner.

Glad you are okay.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am starting to get very excited. In five weeks I am supposed to close. I wish it was sooner and hope the builder doesn’t delay it. With this virus hoping My certificate of occupancy will not be delayed.

Once again a very busy week.

I finished sending in mortgage documents needed, sent the lawyer what we agreed to so we can get my current home off my name, got utilities off my name into his, notarized papers for three timeshares for transfers to either me or him, applied for a pension and packed, packed, packed, probably 70% done.

Most importantly connected with new homeowners where I am going. There is a private Facebook group. Only 5 of us but it is a start. The first closing occurred in the community this week. It is so much easier meeting friends when a community is just starting.

I decided to leave lots of “things” behind. If I haven’t used it recently I decided I don’t need it. Also leaving him lots of furniture too, only taking the pieces I love. Of course he says if you don’t want it I will take it. I have lived in his clutter so long that less will be more for me.

Waiting for estimates on flooring for my bedrooms. Never liked carpet in my bedroom because of allergies but he did so we had carpet. Now I can have what I want.

Looking at closet organizers, more replacing the wired shelving with solid pieces, nothing fancy, just more functional.

Also pricing a shower door as I don’t like what is installed but most probably will wait.

Looking at light fixtures, dining room set, counter stools and a bedroom set. All can wait but started seeing what is out there. I have everything for my living room, office and guest room from my current home.

Today I did nothing related to either house, no calls, no packing, etc. Just went to Homegoods with my two masks and goggles for 10 minutes. Walked out with two great pillows and a thick beechwood cutting board.
Home Goods is one of my favorite places to browse.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Panina, my goodness! I am so sorry you had to endure that! I’m so glad you are ok. That must have been very frightening. I will keep you in my prayers!

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is it about antibiotics and allergic reactions? I am also allergic to penicillin but have taken cephalexin in the past with no problem. Good to know. Glad you are doing okay now.

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
My son is allergic to penicillin. I write in bold everywhere -camp, school, sleepaways. I never let them give him anything in -in in the medication. Amoxicillin...etc. But, it could be your stress levels are through the roof. When I am there, every part of me breaks down. Digestion, skin rashes, a cold shows up. So very sorry you are going through this. Keep your chin up and you are so strong that you will prevail.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My son is allergic to penicillin. I write in bold everywhere -camp, school, sleepaways. I never let them give him anything in -in in the medication. Amoxicillin...etc. But, it could be your stress levels are through the roof. When I am there, every part of me breaks down. Digestion, skin rashes, a cold shows up. So very sorry you are going through this. Keep your chin up and you are so strong that you will prevail.
It could definitely be a combo, stress levels and then the medicine that my body didn’t like put me over the edge.

I consider myself lucky, they got it in control quickly.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I’m so sorry you’ve been sick. I’m also allergic to Penicillin and I’m always worried about taking new meds.
I think moving is so stressful and I hate jumping thru all the hoops to get to the the end result of moving. I hope all goes well for you moving to FL. To me it’s a a way to start fresh and start anew.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
It could definitely be a combo, stress levels and then the medicine that my body didn’t like put me over the edge.

I consider myself lucky, they got it in control quickly.

I am so sorry this happened but so glad you went to the ER and got it under control. This is so scary.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
This is another example of docs not being the geniuses they would have us think they are.
They think meds are the answer to anything abnormal, whether lab results or a complaint.
I've broken out in hives and had my kidneys threatened by some of their prescriptions.
I've learned to listen to my inner voice (and WebMD) about their efficacy and effects.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Wow, so sorry this happened to you! Hope you are recovering nicely.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, glad you are ok!!

Speaking of bar stools: the Frontgate Outlet has great ones at rock bottom prices. Try browsing the Frontgate and Grandin Road websites and see if there’s anything you like. Then pop into the Outlet and chances are you can get it there. (at least that’s been my experience).

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
This is another example of docs not being the geniuses they would have us think they are.
They think meds are the answer to anything abnormal, whether lab results or a complaint.
I've broken out in hives and had my kidneys threatened by some of their prescriptions.
I've learned to listen to my inner voice (and WebMD) about their efficacy and effects.
Yes I am sure the internet is much smarter than your doctor, :wall: