• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2020 ] Join me in my Journey - My Next Chapter

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Love the tile, and the kitchen layout of the new place. Kitchen layout is always the most important thing for me in any house. You did a great job with the co-op redesign but that kitchen would have still driven me batty, LOL! :D

I can totally understand why you'd want to screen in that back patio.That will be a delightful place to enjoy a bevvie or two--what a wonderful view! Which direction does it face?
South, it will be hot

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
But in the evenings, esp. in the fall and spring, it will be lovely, esp. with the ceiling fan.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
South, it will be hot

I had to buy some porch shades for our front porch because the western exposure is intense in the afternoon.

dago

TUG Member
Reaction score
Panina - I don't know anything about you, but to me you show a lot of courage. You are a strong woman. I would never recommend staying in a bad relationship, especially at your age.

As Rick Nelson said in GARDEN PARTY ... "you see you can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself".

Good Luck

Paul

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Panina - I don't know anything about you, but to me you show a lot of courage. You are a strong woman. I would never recommend staying in a bad relationship, especially at your age.

As Rick Nelson said in GARDEN PARTY ... "you see you can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself".

Good Luck

Paul
Love that song and loved Ricky Nelson.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I Am A Traveling Man was my favorite Rick Nelson song.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, Panina, your new paradise looks wonderful, and the VIEW!! I Love it and am VERY excited for you!! :D

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
This my Brooklyn coop renovation I did a few years back. Almost went that route this time but gladly didn’t have to.

This is just a reminder to me of what I am capable of doing on my own. I look forward to decorating my new place.

BEFORE
View attachment 25626View attachment 25627View attachment 25628View attachment 25629View attachment 25630

AFTER
View attachment 25631View attachment 25632View attachment 25633View attachment 25634View attachment 25635

I'm so impressed, you are an outstanding decorator and your renovations are so beautiful and elegant. I'm going to have you over when we move to FL, maybe you can give me some tips...I'm horrible with picking out stuff and making it all work...You've got this and you are going to have a fabulous life in FL

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm so impressed, you are an outstanding decorator and your renovations are so beautiful and elegant. I'm going to have you over when we move to FL, maybe you can give me some tips...I'm horrible with picking out stuff and making it all work...You've got his and you are going to have a fabulous life in FL
I love decorating and not spending a lot of money doing it but making it look like I did. I would be happy to help you. It would be fun.

I had two wonderful careers but if I had to do it again I would have pursued a decorator career.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your new home is beautiful! Love the view too. You did an excellent job renovating your co-op in Brooklyn. Is it near your mom? I lived in Brooklyn for many years (Windsor Terrace/Park Slope). Curious where you have it - but not biggie ;) - this is a public forum:giggle:. I miss it sometimes. I also miss Italy. Have many wonderful memories of both.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your view is lovely. It looks as though you face Huntington Lakes--the tall building. We owned there before Huntington Pointe. We owned in the 80's and 90's!!! I don't remember any vacant land between Oriole and and Huntington Lakes. I wonder if the developer bought land that had stuff on it and knocked it down. The Oriole Plaza is near you. There used to be a Kosher grocery store in there- is it still there? Also deletes was in that plaza--excellent diet ice cream. It's a great area to live in. Are you allowed to extend the lanai? Instead of screening it you can add storm chaser screens that you can put up and down. They make the room hurricane proof. We have them on the covered part of the lanai and we lower them whenever it rains and we can still enjoy the lanai. Enjoy the next page of your life.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your new home is beautiful! Love the view too. You did an excellent job renovating your co-op in Brooklyn. Is it near your mom? I lived in Brooklyn for many years (Windsor Terrace/Park Slope). Curious where you have it - but not biggie ;) - this is a public forum:giggle:. I miss it sometimes. I also miss Italy. Have many wonderful memories of both.
Brooklyn has changed a lot, not to my liking. I have the coop being it is close to mom about 20 minutes away. I chose the Kings Highway area, good transportation and shopping.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I am starting to get very excited. In five weeks I am supposed to close. I wish it was sooner and hope the builder doesn’t delay it. With this virus hoping My certificate of occupancy will not be delayed.

Once again a very busy week.

I finished sending in mortgage documents needed, sent the lawyer what we agreed to so we can get my current home off my name, got utilities off my name into his, notarized papers for three timeshares for transfers to either me or him, applied for a pension and packed, packed, packed, probably 70% done.

Most importantly connected with new homeowners where I am going. There is a private Facebook group. Only 5 of us but it is a start. The first closing occurred in the community this week. It is so much easier meeting friends when a community is just starting.

I decided to leave lots of “things” behind. If I haven’t used it recently I decided I don’t need it. Also leaving him lots of furniture too, only taking the pieces I love. Of course he says if you don’t want it I will take it. I have lived in his clutter so long that less will be more for me.

Waiting for estimates on flooring for my bedrooms. Never liked carpet in my bedroom because of allergies but he did so we had carpet. Now I can have what I want.

Looking at closet organizers, more replacing the wired shelving with solid pieces, nothing fancy, just more functional.

Also pricing a shower door as I don’t like what is installed but most probably will wait.

Looking at light fixtures, dining room set, counter stools and a bedroom set. All can wait but started seeing what is out there. I have everything for my living room, office and guest room from my current home.

Today I did nothing related to either house, no calls, no packing, etc. Just went to Homegoods with my two masks and goggles for 10 minutes. Walked out with two great pillows and a thick beechwood cutting board.

Can you come help me get organized?

You are amazing and I love reading of your journey!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your view is lovely. It looks as though you face Huntington Lakes--the tall building. We owned there before Huntington Pointe. We owned in the 80's and 90's!!! I don't remember any vacant land between Oriole and and Huntington Lakes. I wonder if the developer bought land that had stuff on it and knocked it down. The Oriole Plaza is near you. There used to be a Kosher grocery store in there- is it still there? Also deletes was in that plaza--excellent diet ice cream. It's a great area to live in. Are you allowed to extend the lanai? Instead of screening it you can add storm chaser screens that you can put up and down. They make the room hurricane proof. We have them on the covered part of the lanai and we lower them whenever it rains and we can still enjoy the lanai. Enjoy the next page of your life.
You are right. There was no vacant land. It was a golf course that all the Oriole communities were around. The golf course went out of business and for years nothing was done. The surrounding communities had to vote on whether this new construction could happen and the vote was overwhelmingly yes. The developer create the ponds, distance, fewer units then originally planned, walking trail so the surrounding communities would have nice visuals and be happy.

Yes, the kosher grocery store is still there.

The lanai is big enough for me but I will look into the better screens as you suggested.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nice view and I see why you'd like to screen in your patio! Looks like it's ready! It even has blinds! I guess the five weeks is because the mortgage company has to get their end ready.
I am hoping it is sooner, now it is 4 as a week has passed.

I did get my conditional mortgage approval late Friday. They need proof the house I am in is transferred out of my name. That should happen in another week or two. They also need award letters of my pensions. Monday I will find out if anything else.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are right. There was no vacant land. It was a golf course that all the Oriole communities were around. The golf course went out of business and for years nothing was done. The surrounding communities had to vote on whether this new construction could happen and the vote was overwhelmingly yes. The developer create the ponds, distance, fewer units then originally planned, walking trail so the surrounding communities would have nice visuals and be happy.

Yes, the kosher grocery store is still there.

The lanai is big enough for me but I will look into the better screens as you suggested.
I knew I wasn’t crazy! I remember the Oriole Golf Course. There seems to be a lot of courses on the East Coast of Florida that went bankrupt! We are in a golf course community but they fund them differently on this coast. There is no equity payment required. Our community was turned over by the developers to our HOA in January. We own the course and the good news is is that it’s making a profit even with COVID! The screens are manufactured by a company in Ft. Myers called Storm Smart. They may have distributors on your coast. Enjoy your new home!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am hoping it is sooner, now it is 4 as a week has passed.

I did get my conditional mortgage approval late Friday. They need proof the house I am in is transferred out of my name. That should happen in another week or two. They also need award letters of my pensions. Monday I will find out if anything else.
The hassle of getting a mortgage now! I hope I never have to do it again

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The hassle of getting a mortgage now! I hope I never have to do it again
Actually with the company I am working with not a hassle. Using my financial institution was a nightmare that I stopped the process with them. Rates are so low that it was worth going for a mortgage.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love the photos of your new home and your rooms layout. I feel you need a screen in porch. You are really close to that pond.
Good luck.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
You are going to love Florida. Your new home looks so nice. Good Luck with the move.

DancingWaters

TUG Member
Reaction score
Panini, life can take some difficult turns and it sounds like you are rebounding the best you can. A whole new adventure will be exciting and peaceful with the beautiful home and location you have chosen.