• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2020 ] Join me in my Journey - My Next Chapter

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's just embarrassing!

I live in old farmland, dairy 4 doors down. It had just started out when I got here, it is a massive business now. I'm more annoyed by the littering traffic they have brought than any random smell or cows in my driveway or chickens in the road.

Sure, sometimes there are aromas. There is an amazing innovation I have discovered - the window. It seems that when it is closed, no extra smells come in!

Actually, I don't have a problem with the periodic ... scents of fertilizer. I understand pig farms can be tremendously smelly but I have no problem with the cows and chickens and goats. The baby goats are so darned cute, I'd hold my nose and watch them frolic if they were... overly aromatic...

LOL, sometimes city folks don't understand that farming requires crop dusting planes flying over farm land, flying low over your home early in the morning and late in the evening, chickens, pigs goats, and large John Dere tractors on the roads, strange smells or aromas in the air depending on how the wind is blowing.

Dirt roads with no street lights or signs and no sidewalk.

Do you feel city folks do not understand these strange things are required to feed them and to get food on their kitchen tables. LOL.:wave:

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

I live in old farmland, dairy 4 doors down. It had just started out when I got here, it is a massive business now. I'm more annoyed by the littering traffic they have brought than any random smell or cows in my driveway or chickens in the road.

Sure, sometimes there are aromas. There is an amazing innovation I have discovered - the window. It seems that when it is closed, no extra smells come in!

Actually, I don't have a problem with the periodic ... scents of fertilizer. I understand pig farms can be tremendously smelly but I have no problem with the cows and chickens and goats. The baby goats are so darned cute, I'd hold my nose and watch them frolic if they were... overly aromatic...

My inlaws live in a small farming town in southern AZ, over the last 10 years its been surrounded by cattle feed lots, in fields that once grew cotton.

The amonia smell is horrible but the worst thing is FLIES! Do you not have a fly problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Brett

Reaction score

My mother grew up on a dairy farm. That land (which her family does not currently own) recently sold for many millions of $$
the smell of money !

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Yep. Sounds familiar. Good for your doctor. In Washington state, on Whidbey Island, the Navy has had a Naval Air Station for decades. It is a major air base in the Pacific Northwest. Squadrons of jets stationed there are deployed on aircraft carriers to various places around the world, and it is a very important part of the Navy's program. When not deployed, the pilots in those squadrons need to keep up their training skills, so they do lots of flights around the area, doing touch-and-go landings at the base's airstrips, and generally doing what military pilots are supposed to do. It's been that way for as long as I've been aware of the place, which is about fifty years.

In recent years there has been a lot of development around Whidbey Island, as people want to live in the rural area. Land is cheaper than on the mainland areas of Puget Sound, and a lot of people who commute by ferry to Seattle want to live on the island. Many homesites are on the long beaches and rocky coastline of the island. A lot of interior farmland has been converted to housing developments, and the demand for housing has increased, with no end in sight. Lately, there has been a lot of complaints being made in council meetings and public forums by these new residents that the Navy jets are too loud, and how it's bothering them. They want the Navy to stop flying around the area, and for things to get quiet.

Sorry, but you can't move next door to a busy airport, and then complain about the noise the aircraft make. But these people are making all sorts of noise about it. I don't understand the logic. But after living in Hawaii and the San Juan islands, maybe I should. :D

Dave

Funny you mention people complain about everything in very beautiful areas. I was guilty of that. I live in Alberta and sometimes the winters can get cold. However, where I live, we get Chinooks. These are warm winds that come over the Mountains. So, temperatures can go from -20 f to 55 f in a matter of hours. Thus, winters here can be not too bad. I must say, the Summers here are great. Not to hot. Also, I am near the best scenery one could imagine.

Anyway, I was complaining one time about the cold here in Las Vegas to a fellow who lived here. He says, “you complain about the cold. Just try Vegas in July and you will complain about the heat. No place is perfect. Just assess the advantages and disadvantages and go from there.”

He’s right. I don’t complain anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

geekette

Reaction score
My inlaws live in a small farming town in southern AZ, over the last 10 years its been surrounded by cattle feed lots, in fields that once grew cotton.

The amonia smell is horrible but the worst thing is FLIES! Do you not have a fly problem?

The farm might have a fly problem, but I don't.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I grew up in South Florida. I never appreciated it when I was growing up but now I do. It is one of the best states in terms of beauty for the ocean and beaches as well as low cost of living. The beaches in Florida beat California hands down. There is no comparing the cost of living. If my DH would move, we would be there. Unfortunately my DH is attached to California and does not like the humidity in Florida.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Anyway, I was complaining one time about the cold here in Las Vegas to a fellow who lived here. He says, “you complain about the cold. Just try Vegas in July and you will complain about the heat. No place is perfect. Just assess the advantages and disadvantages and go from there.”

He’s right. I don’t complain anymore.

It's all relative, I think. People who travel to busy vacation locations have no cause to complain about crowding. I think Yogi Berra is quoted as saying, "Nobody goes to Coney Island anymore. It's too crowded." :D

Dave

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
It's all relative, I think. People who travel to busy vacation locations have no cause to complain about crowding. I think Yogi Berra is quoted as saying, "Nobody goes to Coney Island anymore. It's too crowded." :D

Dave

. That’s why the place is crowded in the first place. Great minds think alike.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I grew up in South Florida. I never appreciated it when I was growing up but now I do. It is one of the best states in terms of beauty for the ocean and beaches as well as low cost of living. The beaches in Florida beat California hands down. There is no comparing the cost of living. If my DH would move, we would be there. Unfortunately my DH is attached to California and does not like the humidity in Florida.

While I would not enjoy living in Florida, I agree that the beaches there are fantastic. The Treasure Island Beach is incredible. The only beaches that even comes close are the Grand Haven and Holland beaches off of a Lake Michigan.

Florida is great to visit, but I would not want to live there. My ideal weather is mid 60’s and I can tolerate extreme cold more than extreme heat and humidity.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score

Did you say Flies , suppose you lived next door to a chicken farm that had thousands, thousands and thousands of chickens and pilies of chicken manure everywhere....Now let add this to the story that farmer did not and had refuse to clean his chicken farms buildings for decades. You could not leave your automobile outside, windows open or wash clothes; unless you wanted to see brown spots all over your automobile, in your house or clothes. Well us new city folks took him to circuit court and force him to clean up his chicken farms & buildings. end of story no. He sold his chicken farm to some land developers . Who has now built upscale homes and condos on the farm site and water front site. They have added street signs, traffic lights, street lights, and sidewalks.

Next door is about a 3/4 to a mile away from the chicken farm site.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you say Flies , suppose you lived next door to a chicken farm that had thousands, thousands and thousands of chickens and pilies of chicken manure everywhere....Now let add this to the story that farmer did not and had refuse to clean his chicken farms buildings for decades. You could not leave your automobile outside, windows open or wash clothes; unless you wanted to see brown spots all over your automobile, in your house or clothes. Well us new city folks took him to circuit court and force him to clean up his chicken farms & buildings. end of story no. He sold his chicken farm to some land developers . Who has now built upscale homes and condos on the farm site and water front site. They have added street signs, traffic lights, street lights, and sidewalks.

Next door is about a 3/4 to a mile away from the chicken farm site.
Our "beach house" was a few miles inland. We were about 100 yds from the chicken houses. Almost all of the time the smell was unpleasant but you did get used to it. It was those few days in the summer after the owner walked the houses finding the deceased chickens on those 95 degree days. Now that was something you could not get used to. Also if you have ever been behind one of the chicken trucks going to the processor you will understand why we used to say the roads were not paved. They were tarred and feathered.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
So finally got him to sit down to decide on the timeshares. We have a total of 22. Three are bluegreen which Bluegreen will take back. One has already transferred to them, the second just got the papers to notarize from them, the third is the one with the deed issue and the person who sold it to me is working on getting it fixed. Hopefully she does so I don’t have to take legal action.

He is Taking 8 weeks, I am taking 7. I might sell some later on but I will wait at least a year. He wanted all five Key West weeks and I told him they are worth $ and he needs to share, so I took the two winter weeks and he took the three late fall weeks all along mumbling he wanted all 5.

So I kept two January Key West weeks, two Marco Island March weeks at Sunrise that I love, plus two winter flex weeks at HGVC Marco and one in Myrtle Beach.

In addition to his 3 key west weeks he took two late December weeks in Marco Island, one at hgvc Surf Club, the other at Sunrise. Considering he always said Marco wasn’t his favorite that surprised me. He took the spring week at Jade Tree in Myrtle Beach and two weeks at Chetola in NC, one of my favorites.

All in all I think we are both happy. So that leaves 4 weeks to give away 3 flex hgvc Marco Island and one hgvc New Year Hutchinson after he gives me the final ok.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
So finally got him to sit down to decide on the timeshares. We have a total of 22. Three are bluegreen which Bluegreen will take back. One has already transferred to them, the second just got the papers to notarize from them, the third is the one with the deed issue and the person who sold it to me is working on getting it fixed. Hopefully she does so I don’t have to take legal action.

He is Taking 8 weeks, I am taking 7. I might sell some later on but I will wait at least a year. He wanted all five Key West weeks and I told him they are worth $ and he needs to share, so I took the two winter weeks and he took the three late fall weeks all along mumbling he wanted all 5.

So I kept two January Key West weeks, two Marco Island March weeks at Sunrise that I love, plus two winter flex weeks at HGVC Marco and one in Myrtle Beach.

In addition to his 3 key west weeks he took two late December weeks in Marco Island, one at hgvc Surf Club, the other at Sunrise. Considering he always said Marco wasn’t his favorite that surprised me. He took the spring week at Jade Tree in Myrtle Beach and two weeks at Chetola in NC, one of my favorites.

All in all I think we are both happy. So that leaves 4 weeks to give away 3 flex hgvc Marco Island and one hgvc New Year Hutchinson after he gives me the final ok.

Nice! sounds amicable. 22 weeks? Sheesh, I shutter to think of the MF bills coming in at end of year. That’s a plus for you. Your MF costs are going down significantly. That will free up extra dollars for more travel. Heck, you can just book a rental at your favourite times with the saved MF money.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe

Nice going, @Panina. The best part of what happened is this: "I think we are both happy." Unraveling a life together and dividing assets is hard work, but you did it. And he did it. And together, you came to an amicable agreement. I hope the rest of the work ahead goes as smoothly. You have certainly established a pattern that can be built upon. By the way, I really admire the positive spirit, energy, and purpose you have put into this since you made the decision to split. Thumbs up!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).

I'm surprised to learn that Bluegreen took back!

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
hi. Panina, I haven't been following this thread recently. Hugs to you. Elaine

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nice! sounds amicable. 22 weeks? Sheesh, I shutter to think of the MF bills coming in at end of year. That’s a plus for you. Your MF costs are going down significantly. That will free up extra dollars for more travel. Heck, you can just book a rental at your favourite times with the saved MF money.

Will just take advantage of last minute offerings on rci and II.

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I admire your practical approach to the discussion and resolution.
And now you just need to note which weeks to remember not to go to your favorite resorts if you do not want to run into each other.
Best wishes on your journey!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I admire your practical approach to the discussion and resolution.
And now you just need to note which weeks to remember not to go to your favorite resorts if you do not want to run into each other.
Best wishes on your journey!
I doubt he will ever trade. He will go or rent them. The weeks he chose I won’t be traveling those weeks.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So finally listed 3 of the 4 weeks I need to find new homes for. The 4th a fellow long time tugger is taking. Love gifting to long time tuggers!

Gathered all the weeks we each are keeping and started the transfer process.

My moving boxes came and I packed 2 boxes already. Lol. I am actually sorting, what I want, what I have moved 3 times and don’t need....sell on eBay, give to him, donate. I am only taking what I truly love and use.

I got new tires this week and had my car checked by the dealer and it is in excellent condition.

Saw my doctor and do not have antibodies. She wants me to wait until the numbers get better to go to Florida. She thinks I will still be here for months.

Meanwhile all is good with us sharing the house and being room mates. Hopefully he stays on the higher road with me.

Best, seeing my step daughter tomorrow before she goes off to college.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The week has been busy. I feel like I have a full time job with lots of overtime.

The best I saw my step daughter. It was a great visit. She went to college dorm yesterday and has already text me yesterday and today. She is definitely making an effort. She is kind and loving.

I finally went through my financials and I can breathe. With the pandemic I was afraid. I faired well and moved to safety what I might need for the move. I have choice which is a big relief.

I have been doing a lot of research on communities and have quite a few I will visit before I decide which one. One on top of my list, a little further north then my original list, while talking to a friend I was telling him I am not familiar with the area. Seems a friend of his owns in that area and I just found out it is in the community I like so I will talk to her.

All my timeshare paperwork for timeshare transfers are in. Now I have to wait 4 weeks for LTT to get to it all.

I packed a few more boxes plus sorted out what I will get in the kitchen and what he will get.

All my papers are now organized as are his. Yes I did it for him so he can find his stuff as I really don’t want calls where is ....?

Need to inventory furniture and decide what I want, if any. He told me he would buy me out if I don’t want the furniture. Most of the good stuff was mine but contemplating a change To more modern. If he give me enough I will leave it, if not I will take it and use it until I get what I really want and then donate it.

Had some sadness and anger this week. He spilled coffee in my office and wanted me to clean up his mess. Really? No I didn’t and let him know how I felt. I felt sad for what I never had. My hopes and dreams of what this relationship would be never happened.

Meanwhile trying to stay focused and not listen to the naysayers. Things I heard most often is your not getting younger, you will probably be alone the rest of you life, maybe you can work it out and stay with him. Really? To them I say I am fine being alone but I am a young looking, young acting 60 year old. I have no doubt I will meet other eligible singles. The difference is this time I will have my eyes open, boyfriend yes. To live with you, to commit to you, the dynamics on all levels will need to be there. This split was a long time in coming. I am so ready to meet new people but will be respectful as long as I am in the same house as him. One day closer to a new beginning......

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
You are doing great! Keep at it!