• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2020 ] Join me in my Journey - My Next Chapter

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Your new house looks so nice. We have lived in Central Florida over 30 years and love it. Except for the Covid restrictions but hoping will be over soon. I had guessed the Villages because it sounded like the place you were describing. Glad you sold your Timeshares, to invest in things for your house. It will feel like a vacation place anyhow!
Delray Beach looks nice, we haven’t been there, but know people who love it there. Good Luck on your move.
Welcome to Florida
Found out you were kind of right. The villages was originally built around a golf course that went out of business. This new developement is where the golf course was so techininally you are right.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed with the carpet in the bedrooms because the builder wanted outrageous money to carry the wood into them. We figured we will keep it for now and then replace it down the road depending on how it wears. The carpet was included so we figured we paid for it so might as well use it. Same with the cream color wall paint. (And the same with our furniture from our other house which does not really go in this house. But again, making it work as not to waste money.)

It does grow on you after a while. Lol!

But we live in a cold climate so carpet can be nice under the feet. Much different than in Florida. I don’t think I’d want it there.
What kind of sub flooring do you have on top of your carpet ?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was asking because some contractors will glue the carpet down on the subflooring or on top of cement.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am starting to get very excited. In five weeks I am supposed to close. I wish it was sooner and hope the builder doesn’t delay it. With this virus hoping My certificate of occupancy will not be delayed.

Once again a very busy week.

I finished sending in mortgage documents needed, sent the lawyer what we agreed to so we can get my current home off my name, got utilities off my name into his, notarized papers for three timeshares for transfers to either me or him, applied for a pension and packed, packed, packed, probably 70% done.

Most importantly connected with new homeowners where I am going. There is a private Facebook group. Only 5 of us but it is a start. The first closing occurred in the community this week. It is so much easier meeting friends when a community is just starting.

I decided to leave lots of “things” behind. If I haven’t used it recently I decided I don’t need it. Also leaving him lots of furniture too, only taking the pieces I love. Of course he says if you don’t want it I will take it. I have lived in his clutter so long that less will be more for me.

Waiting for estimates on flooring for my bedrooms. Never liked carpet in my bedroom because of allergies but he did so we had carpet. Now I can have what I want.

Looking at closet organizers, more replacing the wired shelving with solid pieces, nothing fancy, just more functional.

Also pricing a shower door as I don’t like what is installed but most probably will wait.

Looking at light fixtures, dining room set, counter stools and a bedroom set. All can wait but started seeing what is out there. I have everything for my living room, office and guest room from my current home.

Today I did nothing related to either house, no calls, no packing, etc. Just went to Homegoods with my two masks and goggles for 10 minutes. Walked out with two great pillows and a thick beechwood cutting board.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I am starting to get very excited. In five weeks I am supposed to close. I wish it was sooner and hope the builder doesn’t delay it. With this virus hoping My certificate of occupancy will not be delayed.

I finished sending in mortgage documents needed, sent the lawyer what we agreed to so we can get my current home off my name, got utilities off my name into his, notarized papers for three timeshares for transfers to either me or him, applied for a pension and packed, packed, packed, probably 70% done.

Most importantly connected with new homeowners where I am going. There is a private Facebook group. Only 5 of us but it is a start. The first closing occurred in the community this week. It is so much easier meeting friends when a community is just starting.

I decided to leave lots of “things” behind. If I haven’t used it recently I decided I don’t need it. Also leaving him lots of furniture too, only taking the pieces I love. Of course he says if you don’t want it I will take it. I have lived in his clutter so long that less will be more for me.

Waiting for estimates on flooring for my bedrooms. Never liked carpet in my bedroom because of allergies but he did so we had carpet. Now I can have what I want.

Looking at closet organizers, more replacing the wired shelving with solid pieces, nothing fancy, just more functional.

Also pricing a shower door as I don’t like what is installed but most probably will wait.

Looking at light fixtures, dining room set, counter stools and a bedroom set. All can wait but started seeing what is out there. I have everything for my living room, office and guest room from my current home.

Today I did nothing related to either house, no calls, no packing, etc. Just went to Homegoods with my two masks and goggles for 10 minutes. Walked out with two great pillows and a thick beechwood cutting board.

It’s a lot of work. Glad you got started now. This sound like they are moving along well. :thumbup:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When your eyes are open
and the love is gone
you see everything
no excuses
(love is blind)

One month away from closing, if things fall in place sooner I am ready to go.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
When your eyes are open
and the love is gone
you see everything
no excuses
(love is blind)

One month away from closing, if things fall in place sooner I am ready to go.
Is that a song or poem? So sorry about the loss of your relationship. Wishing you well, my prayers are with you as you begin this new journey. I am excited for you--new home and new life.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is that a song or poem? So sorry about the loss of your relationship. Wishing you well, my prayers are with you as you begin this new journey. I am excited for you--new home and new life.
Not a song or poem just my reflection, my words.

I don’t really look at this as a loss, there wasn’t anything to lose that had meaning. People always looked at me as being lucky and having everything. Maybe financially I did but I didn’t have what was the most important. I was still alone. Already I am happier just knowing I am letting go of the insanity and will have a more peaceful normal life.

So don’t be sorry about a loss. Be happy that I figured out how to pursue my happiness. I am excited.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I am excited for you, Panina.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a song or poem just my reflection, my words.

I don’t really look at this as a loss, there wasn’t anything to lose that had meaning. People always looked at me as being lucky and having everything. Maybe financially I did but I didn’t have what was the most important. I was still alone. Already I am happier just knowing I am letting go of the insanity and will have a more peaceful normal life.

So don’t be sorry about a loss. Be happy that I figured out how to pursue my happiness. I am excited.
You are an inspiration in strength, hope and organization!!! A great narrative and helpful as a guide for others in similar situations!!! I'm happy that you have found a new place, new start, new life. Its exciting!!!!!

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new home. The furniture store that I told you about, LaRue is literally around the corner from you. It's on the opposite side of Atlantic from you, across from 3 G's! I love that area, we owned a place in Huntington Pointe for about 15 years. The shopping is fabulous near there. On Military Trail there is a store called The Boys--fantastic groceries and meats. If you need a special outfit for anything there is a store on Jog called Infinity. In fact I bought the dress for my son's wedding there. The wedding has been postponed 3 times and I have not gotten back over there for my last fitting yet!! Soon I hope. We were actually going to build at one of the Valencias in 2015, but my husband got a fabulous job offer in Sarasota and he did not want to retire. So the rest is history and we moved to Lakewood Ranch in a new build community. Our community is a country club with golf, restaurants, pools, gyms etc. During this COVID crisis I am freaked about using the amenities, so I don't. We are in the process of building a pool!!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I love the gray cabinets! What a great view of the lake.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I love it! And it reminds me a lot of our current house! So exciting!
We both went from big to what we have now. Yes similar to your type of house.

I will show my before and after pictures when I am done decorating. It won’t be as exciting as my before and after pictures when I tore apart the coop but still will be very different.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This my Brooklyn coop renovation I did a few years back. Almost went that route this time but gladly didn’t have to.

This is just a reminder to me of what I am capable of doing on my own. I look forward to decorating my new place.

BEFORE
0ACD9CDE-888F-41AD-90CC-746249BC7F80.jpeg
606F1E4A-BB73-49DE-893F-830608E47A9E.jpeg
0931D454-8B9E-4888-966E-730B0ADFDAF9.jpeg
5B1C63C5-A298-40E2-ADEF-5B2084271628.jpeg
70F44C8F-BC5C-496E-802F-FDB728087761.jpeg

AFTER
7C351E62-7818-47C9-80D2-FD0B04BE5402.jpeg
BF87AA01-1576-4D2B-B807-7EB926F3FA56.jpeg
B27CCDC8-9DFA-4132-B560-9AAA5C90C55A.jpeg
9B1B973B-EA88-4F67-ACA9-4713F35AE444.jpeg
692BE303-B8BA-43C3-BE86-986CA3A9E864.jpeg

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Congrats on your new place @Panina. I'm sure you'll fit right in with the community. Best wishes for an easy and smooth actual move.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

Wow, I’m so excited to hear your only 5 weeks away from moving to FL.

I’m looking forward to the day that I can move to FL

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
This my Brooklyn coop renovation I did a few years back. Almost went that route this time but gladly didn’t have to.

This is just a reminder to me of what I am capable of doing on my own. I look forward to decorating my new place.

BEFORE
View attachment 25626View attachment 25627View attachment 25628View attachment 25629View attachment 25630

AFTER
View attachment 25631View attachment 25632View attachment 25633View attachment 25634View attachment 25635

Wow! This is like HGTV! Stunning transformation!

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
love your place. IMHO for the space between 4" counter backsplash and cabinet, I'd definitely just paint. It'll look great. Depending on furnishings/color in adjacent room, you can do a blue, grey with blue undertones, green or gray with green undertone, or something like edgecomb gray (BM HC-173) if you want a warm gray that mixes well with beige (and can look beige, but go with gray). Congrats!

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Love the tile, and the kitchen layout of the new place. Kitchen layout is always the most important thing for me in any house. You did a great job with the co-op redesign but that kitchen would have still driven me batty, LOL! :D

I can totally understand why you'd want to screen in that back patio.That will be a delightful place to enjoy a bevvie or two--what a wonderful view! Which direction does it face?