• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Jetted Tubs in Resorts

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When we stay at timeshares we often use the tubs to store our luggage. For us it is the fear of bringing bedbugs home and soft surfaces should be avoided. We aren't going to use the soaker tub anyway so it may as well be useful.

MLR

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem is the jetted tubs are dirty. We have been at a resort for three days and after about ten tries at circulating water, stuff still comes out of the nozzles. Some is most likely mildew but some is simply unidentified and unidentifiable.

We have complained to management of this resort many times. I call ahead and ask specifically would they please try to have the tub clean. I have threatened to lower ratings on my reviews. I have lowered ratings on my reviews. We have had maintenance and cleaning people in the unit.

I'm stuck. We don't have a Jacuzzi-type tub at home and my wife likes to use the tub when we are away.

Any ideas? Does anyone have a DIY way to clean jetted tubs without spending hours and hours?

They are never clean enough for me - EVER. So, I just stop at Dollar store and grab a bottle of vinegar and pour the whole thing into the tub and run the jets (use hot water) for 15-20 minutes. Be prepared to scrub the tub afterwards! Some can be very disgusting. Grab a bottle of tub cleaner and disinfecting wipes while at dollar store. Bring a baggie with a couple of dishwasher tabs and throw one into the vinegar water. Can't hurt.

Never, EVER use a Jaccuzi tub that you don't personally clean. Never, EVER.

Enjoy it after you have cleaned it. Use it several times to make the cleaning worth while :0)

MLR

TUG Member
Reaction score
You know, if it's that easy then why isn't it being done every week when the unit is cleaned? Brown gunk should never be part of a timeshare experience.

Thanks for the info.

Sadly, the housekeeping in many units is very poor. We stayed at one - pre covid - that had dirty dishes in the cupboard, filthy floor in bathroom, dust everywhere. And the Jacuzzi was absolutely disgusting. Had to run the dishwasher before we could use any of the dishes and utensils. Carpets needed vacuuming. The only broom was falling apart. Very bad experience. I may as well tell you all that it was Holiday Hills in Branson.

avad88

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would never use a jacuzzi tub in a timeshare, although many still have them. Our home resort in OBX recently renovated the master bathrooms, taking out the jacuzzi tubs and replacing them with a larger walk in shower. It is so much nicer and worth the small assessment we paid!

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I REALLY didn't want to replace the bathtub when we remodeled this home before moving into it ten years ago, but felt we had to for resale. Always amazes me, now that I have been doing what passes for cleaning myself during the pandemic, how what looks like a clean white tub is actually full of cat hair when I sluice it down.

I learned something on either Worldmark or Diàmond Facebook last year -- no using jetted tubs during "quiet time". Had I any interest in clambering into, and then being winched out of a jetted tub, it would never in a million years have occurred to me not to use it to rest my weary bones at 10:30 some night.

PDX Matthew

TUG Member
Reaction score
I pack spa cleaning pods if I think there is going to be a spa tub. At the last resort we visited there was one, I cleaned it when we arrived, but we didn’t end up using it.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Already plenty of great suggestions for cleaning. When I purchased my T/S 20 years ago, it had a jetted tub. Loved it! Clearstory windows, too! Wonderful to soak after a hike.
They've since replaced them without jets and I am glad. There were many years with droughts, so promoting water use did not make sense. Plus the resort added several hot tubs including an adults-only large jetted lagoon - it's really nice!
And some units now have walk-in showers and I can see why these would be popular. I still prefer the tub with epsom salts.

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
We use our jetted tubs for storage

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Our DD used to work as a cleaner for Carriage Ridge and Carriage Hills timeshares during high school and the first summer of university. She and the other cleaners were taught to immediately start filling the jetted tub with hot water and a good sized handful of dishwasher powder when they started to clean a unit. They filled the tub to just above the jets and then turned them on to run for a few minutes while they continued cleaning. After a while it was drained and they filled with fresh water and again turned the jets on for a few minutes. When the tub was finally emptied it was wiped out and declared clean.
I don't often use the jetted tub in a timeshare unless my knee is really bothering me. If I am going to use it I fill it with hot water and add whatever liquid (non-foaming) cleaner I have in our timeshare box (Mr Clean or Lysol). I let the jets run for a few minutes and if no 'gunk' comes out then I empty the tub and rinse it before using it.

When our DD was about 4 mos old we went on a last minute timeshare stay somewhere in the Poconos. The resort said it would have a crib in our unit for her as we didn't have room to take the pack-n-play. When we arrived the crib was so old and rickety I wouldn't put our daughter in it. I folded up the bedspread and placed it in the 2 person jetted tub for cushioning. I put the extra sheet for the pull-out couch on top and tucked it all in around the bedspread. I added her blanket I'd brought from home to cover her. She slept great in the tub that week and her brothers still tease her about us making her sleep in a bathtub!

~Diane

geekette

Reaction score
I would never use a jacuzzi tub in a timeshare, although many still have them. Our home resort in OBX recently renovated the master bathrooms, taking out the jacuzzi tubs and replacing them with a larger walk in shower. It is so much nicer and worth the small assessment we paid!
Same is going on with my fave Bluegreen resort, Shorecrest in N Myrtle. Instead of a giant tub in the middle of the master, it's now a smaller bedroom with a nice large bathroom. Separate water closet.

However, I am not a fan of having to go through the bathroom to get to the closet. I've seen that in private homes, too, and dislike the trend.

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
They filled the tub to just above the jets and then turned them on to run for a few minutes while they continued cleaning. After a while it was drained and they filled with fresh water and again turned the jets on for a few minutes. When the tub was finally emptied it was wiped out and declared clean.

~Diane
I understand why they do it this way but what a terrible waste of water for something that is so rarely used.
Maybe the resorts can get rid of them at the next rounds of renovations, replacing them would be a huge excess.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
On arrival day, DH will get some cleaner for the jacuzzi from maintenance dept. The resorts do have cleaning supplies for the jacuzzi. DH prefers to clean it himself. On a few occasions we had to get our own cleaning supplies. We go to the $1 store for the supplies. We buy cleaning vinegar, spray cleaner with bleach for the jets and dish pods. He sprays all the jets with cleaner and let it sit while we are getting settled in. Sometimes it sits for a few hours. Then we get the water as hot as possible and fill tub. Then add the vinegar and dish pods. Let it run for at least 30 minutes or more. I can see the tubs being replaced because they are dated and require too much maintenance and cleaning. I will miss them because I do enjoy them on vacation. But they are a pain in the neck to have to clean before use. However, they are nice to relax in after a long day.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We appreciate the ones we have had. We did have an issue with our Smuggs one once, but one we just had at Pollard Brook was delightful.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I love, love, love the jetted tubs. I have a very bad back and look forward to using the tubs when we stay at the resorts. We've experienced regular bathtubs that weren't clean so it isn't an issue exclusive to the jetted tubs.

I use a generous amount of dish soap, hot water and turn the jets on for a few minutes. I know other people use bleach and I keep meaning to buy a smaller quart sized bottle of bleach to add to our travel supplies. The only time we had a tub that was really yucky was at Fairfield Bay a few years ago. It was a huge tub, big enough for two people to fit comfortably, and took several cleanings.

ssed115az

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn
The problem is the jetted tubs are dirty. We have been at a resort for three days and after about ten tries at circulating water, stuff still comes out of the nozzles. Some is most likely mildew but some is simply unidentified and unidentifiable.

We have complained to management of this resort many times. I call ahead and ask specifically would they please try to have the tub clean. I have threatened to lower ratings on my reviews. I have lowered ratings on my reviews. We have had maintenance and cleaning people in the unit.

I'm stuck. We don't have a Jacuzzi-type tub at home and my wife likes to use the tub when we are away.

Any ideas? Does anyone have a DIY way to clean jetted tubs without spending hours and hours?
Hi, I love, love, love them But do fill the tub up high put Epsom salts in and run it about 10 minutes, drain, wipe the tub out then do it all over again before I get in.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We use our jetted tubs for storage

In most Worldmark Resorts that have jetted tubs it is also the shower for the MB. So not good for storage.