• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Jamaica?

Mulli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Fountains
Celebrity Park Puerto Vallarta
In 2023 my lovely bride and I will be celebrating our 50th anniversary. A very tolerant lady. She was a
3rd grade teacher so that might explain a lot. We have been to Mexico 20 times and will be doing more
European destinations but would like somewhere special and warm in November to celebrate. Friends have loved
Jamaica. We have lots of RCI exchange points and Vida Lifestyle $'s as options to pay for or reduce our costs. Would probably do 2
weeks. Any suggestions from those that have a great place in Jamaica or elsewhere for our party? Thank you. gm :cool:

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
We went to Beaches in Negril for a week. The resort was nice, but for security reasons, they advised us not to leave the property unless it was on the shuttle into town. On a cruise we also stopped at St. Maarten where there are plenty of nice resorts and timeshares. For a 50th anniversary, I'd pick St. Maarten over Jamaica any day. The island is French on one side and Dutch on the other, so there's an abundance of restaurant and shopping options. The beaches and the scenery are also amazing. Advisery: some of the beaches are clothing optional.

Mulli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Fountains
Thank you. I see you are from Mn too. Yes, we had snow today! I will look into your comments. Safety is a major need for our travels too. Like I said, we are good with Mexico but we aren't out late nor looking for bad "fun". Also sometimes airlines are limited in November to get to these wonderful warm places. gm

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
We're not fans of Jamaica after making our one visit where we did one of the all inclusives. We had the same feeling about safety as mentioned above and prefer to explore beaches and restaurants on our own. We liked Grand Cayman but as you can tell from my member name, St Maarten is our favorite. Great beaches and amazing restaurants. We generally feel safe but definitely aren't late night people.

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
We were Minnesotans for 35 years and checked many Caribbean destinations from MSP. My best memories are from Sint Maarten/ St Martin. Late November if fine time to trade MSP for SXM.

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Limetree Resort STT
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
In 2023 my lovely bride and I will be celebrating our 50th anniversary. A very tolerant lady. She was a
3rd grade teacher so that might explain a lot. We have been to Mexico 20 times and will be doing more
European destinations but would like somewhere special and warm in November to celebrate. Friends have loved
Jamaica. We have lots of RCI exchange points and Vida Lifestyle $'s as options to pay for or reduce our costs. Would probably do 2
weeks. Any suggestions from those that have a great place in Jamaica or elsewhere for our party? Thank you. gm :cool:
You might want to consider St Thomas. We have been going every year since 2010 and love it. You can take the ferry to St John or day cruise the BVI. And it's an US Territory so they treat you like a citizen.

pierrepierre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace Resorts
We were in Jamaica 4-5 years ago at the Palace Resorts - all-inclusive. Had no problems and had a marvelous holiday!....and would go back again.

Mulli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Fountains
Thank you all very much. Seems we have time to figure it out we will continue to contemplate. Your thoughts were
very helpful. Safety and feeling safe are requirement #1. It is nice to be able to travel dream again. We are up to date on all shots and are as reasonably careful as we can be. Seems our biological travel clock is ticking we are packing our suitcases again. :cool:

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
One other comment on Jamaica, they drive on the left. If you rent a car there, it will be hard to adjust.
2007-12-08%2015-29-33-X3.jpg

Mulli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Fountains
Good heads up. If we would go there probably wouldn't be driving. Just get into resort and unpack. We have been to Ireland 4 times and drove each time. Worse part of the trip but the best way to get to all of the great experiences. There, driving on the left and round-abouts in the opposite direction too is a challenge. Luckily it is true too in Ireland that where ever to go and stay you will love it. It is all good. We figure we have one more romp through the old sod driving before maybe joining the bus tour crowd. :cool: