• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Italy:Is there any better place for a vacation?

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just sent in a review of Il Poderino in Tuscany. I got it as a bonus week from DAE. Italy is too good to be true. Worst trafic jams ever, alas. Great food, great art but hard work climbing to the top of those little hill towns. Is there any place more like Heaven than Italy? Maybe the Pelaponisus in Greece or Istanbull or the California coast? I doubt it. What do you think?

Last edited:

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I think it all depends on the type of vacation we enjoy. We all have our personal favorites.

I fly over 100,000 miles every year - all of it for non-business travel. Yet for me, there is no better vacation place in the world than my little spot of sand on the beach in front of Grande Ocean in Hilton Head.

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
mamiecarter said:
Is there any place more like Heaven than Italy?

For me, NOLA's French Quarter, or Madrid, or Bangkok -- all superior to Italy. But that's just my opinion.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Venice is one of my favorites and I like Rome, too. But then again Prague, Talinn, and Vienna are in the same league.

TomCayman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scotland... or, as we natives call it, "God's country"... nice joke about it (here is the brief version) :

The Story of Scotland
At the beginning when God was creating the world, he was sitting on a cloud, telling his pal the Archangel Gabriel what he planned for Scotland.

"Gabby", says he "I'm going to give this place high majestic mountains, purple glens, soaring eagles, streams laden with salmon, golden fields of barley from which a whisky-coloured nectar can be made, green, lush, spectacular golf courses, coal in the ground, oil under the sea".

"Hold up! Hold up!" interjected the bold Gabriel, "Are you not being too generous to these Scots ?"

Back came the Almighty's reply.

"Not really, wait until you see the neighbours I'm giving them !!!"

Boom Boom :)

Oh, and this morning I got to work at the resort in Cayman to see two English flags, the cross of Saint George, hanging from the beach bar, in honour of St. George's Day (patron saint of England).. I knew instantly it was done by an English owner of mine who had to get back to me for Scotland beating England in the annual war (sorry, Rugby match).. sometimes life is fun !

mamiecarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vacations are an emotional question, like falling in love. Fortunatly, unlike love ,many of us can have almost as many vacation as we desire and some of us fall in love with numerous vacation spots without comitting Jimmie Carter's sin of commiting adultry of the heart.

ellend

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is better than Italy? The next holiday destination, wherever it is. And then the one after that. And the one after that... and the one.....

SteveH

TUG Member
Reaction score
mamiecarter said:
I just sent in a review of Il Poderino in Tuscany. I got it as a bonus week from DAE. Italy is too good to be true. Worst trafic jams ever, alas. Great food, great art but hard work climbing to the top of those little hill towns. Is there any place more like Heaven than Italy? Maybe the Pelaponisus in Greece or Istanbull or the California coast? I doubt it. What do you think?

There's four of us driving from France and staying at Il Poderino the last week of June (DAE exchange). As two couples will we be comfortable staying in a 1BR?
I found your review and I'm looking forward to this exchange. Did you happen to take a look at a 1BR unit?
Thanks
Steve

Last edited:

mamiecarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw a one bedroom unit briefly. The bedroom seemed large, the living room
looked smaller and had a kitchen aginst one wall. I didn't really spend enough time to be sure but I thought the living room was too small. It was nice however.

Will you be comfortable with four people? It depends on how demanding you are, how well your sleep scedules mesh, how many insomniacs you have and things like that. Whoever gets the bedroom will be just fine. You might want to put the couple that goes to bed and sleeps like a log in the bedroom and the couple that wakes up a lot in the night in the living room or you could swap off at mid week.

Me, I would be fine with it. If you go out a lot and sightsee when you get back to the room you are going to be tired enough to not care if it is a little small. Those Tuscan hills are tough walking.

I would love to hear what you think about this resort. Be sure to write a review.

Last edited: