• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

It sounds like we need a decorating thread!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Thanks, we had the whole house professionally painted and new carpeting and new vinyl plank flooring put in. I have thrown away or donated a lot of large bulky furniture pieces that will not be coming with us to the next house. Does anyone think its a good idea to hire a professional stager to come in and stage the home?

I have not put any of our pictures back up on the walls since the new paint has gone up, does anyone think I should?

I wouldn't pay a stager and I would not put the pictures back on the walls. All that will do is leave holes in the walls when you take them down and the buyer will be stuck with that.

All the real estate agents I interviewed said our home was already like it was staged just by the way we lived. LOL! Being OCD helped with that. Honestly, I am just neat and clean and I don't like clutter anyway so it was a no brainer. The house was nicely decorated- but minimally.

I agree about the good photographer. Our real esatet agent used a pretty good one.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I totally agree that selection of good photographer is very important. I still love to look at my old house pics and cannot believe how well it was executed.

I look at our former homes photos every once in a while also. This month- the 27th- is the one year anniversary of when we moved out of our home of 32 years and into our buyer's home as tenanats as our new home's framing was just going up. I can't believe it has been a year already.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Then I had - and still do- my huge rustic coffee table with tons of coffee table books on VT and New Hampshire and National Parks, etc. stored in the lower compartment. And my maps!

Great table! I like that one a lot.

Dave

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Great table! I like the one a lot.

Dave

Thanks. It's my table. Hubby is only allowed to put his TV remote on it. Ha! Ha!

It barely fits in this living room. Our other living room was so much larger but no way would I get rid of it. LOL!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I look at our former homes photos every once in a while also. This month- the 27th- is the one year anniversary of when we moved out of our home of 32 years and into our buyer's home as tenanats as our new home's framing was just going up. I can't believe it has been a year already.

Remember a few years go when you were going through the stress of leaving your job? Everyone said to give it time and distance, and things would get better. Then selling your home was a major life change for you. And now here you are, a year beyond that. Are you feeling more at ease now that all that drama is done? I'd think so. Different, perhaps, but a lot less stress in your life.

Dave

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
You're planning on selling the house right? Then I wouldn't put anything back up on the walls. When we put our house in CA up for sale (back in 2012) we had it repainted and recarpeted. We had someone come in and take down all of the artwork on the walls and box it up. Then we just kept it all in the garage until we moved. The house looked really empty.
Yes, we are selling and downsizing

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Remember a few years go when you were going through the stress of leaving your job? Everyone said to give it time and distance, and things would get better. Then selling your home was a major life change for you. And now here you are, a year beyond that. Are you feeling more at ease now that all that drama is done? I'd think so. Different, perhaps, but a lot less stress in your life.

Dave

Oh- for sure! Only the virus thing kicked in a month after we moved and like a lot of people that’s where most of my anxiety now lies. Always something as they say! That’s life! Lol!

But very lucky to have made it to this point and grateful!

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Those books are the bane of my existence. My husband loves books. Books, books, books everywhere lol. I love books too but I have a kindle so I have a different problem with mine (where did I leave my kindle).
haha..in real life, I have books everywhere! They just seem to come home with me. I just returned from visiting my son and he has so many books! So, what did I bring him? Another book...LOL!

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
IMO get your house on the market ASAP, don’t put it off. Go with it as it is now. The future of the market is uncertain due to the virus as is how the political ramifications with the election can affect real estate Prices. Now, you know if priced right you will get market value or above.
Not exactly sure about your stated reasons for future real estate values. On the other hand, there is lots of talk about a future flood of foreclosures due to policies put in place, and the fragile state of the economy. 1. Forebearance, but in reality, this just makes it more difficult for the owner to refinance. It's designed to keep people in their homes. So, unless the customer can no longer make their payment, it should not have any effect. And, 2. allowing people to not pay their rent. The second could be more damaging to the homeowner.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Some people must be doing well. A neighbor is adding what must cost $400,000 in additions to their 4600 square foot home. I am scratching my head because they are in their 60s nearing retirement, empty nesters and they already can get top dollar for their home. I think it would be a long time before they would recoup the cost. Diminishing returns. IMHO...If I had that kind of cash, I would buy a condo in Hawaii where I know I could eventually sell it.

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Some people must be doing well. A neighbor is adding what must cost $400,000 in additions to their 4600 square foot home. I am scratching my head because they are in their 60s nearing retirement, empty nesters and they already can get top dollar for their home. I think it would be a long time before they would get the value out.
I have friends adding a huge addition to their home as well. It's just the two of them, they already have a 4 bedroom house with living room, family room and a bonus room. They are remodeling their kitchen (needed) and making their LR & DR larger. It's their money and their house, but it's a mystery to me why they need more room.