• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

It pays to be persistent with checking for inventory

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Second year in a round that the Marriott website slows to a crawl and there is no inventory at the official release only to have the inventory show up the next day. It really is unfair to the person that tries at 9am and can't even get through and can't constantly check the web to try to get their week.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
IT issues at MVC.... I find that hard to believe. (Insert eye roll emoji here)

They really need to get this under control.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
IT issues at MVC.... I find that hard to believe. (Insert eye roll emoji here)

They really need to get this under control.
Agreed. With the age of the cloud there is no excuse to have computer issues at critical times. Spin up some more servers to deal with it.

I also noticed that at least with some resorts they don't either have the 2021 usage weeks on file. That is very weak.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I wonder if their Servers are outsourced so they pay for only soo much space which affects bandwidth.
Vistana’s site is plagued this year w/ zero inventory for weeks owners however tons of inventory if you have StarOptions.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Second year in a round that the Marriott website slows to a crawl and there is no inventory at the official release only to have the inventory show up the next day. It really is unfair to the person that tries at 9am and can't even get through and can't constantly check the web to try to get their week.
I found the same thing when searching for Hilton Head resorts next year. I found nothing on the release dates at 9am, or the following 2 days at 9am. However, I randomly checked on Thursday afternoon and found several resorts had released inventory. I'm glad I'm retired and have the time to keep checking. Release is definitely no longer consistent.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if their Servers are outsourced so they pay for only soo much space which affects bandwidth.
Vistana’s site is plagued this year w/ zero inventory for weeks owners however tons of inventory if you have StarOptions.
I'm sure it's all on the Amazon Cloud or some other Cloud Service and the beauty of the cloud is you should be able to spin up more servers for high volume periods and then when not you use less computing.

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
Their backbone is Amazon, but that doesn't matter here. I've personally never had any issues getting in right at 9am and reserving what I wanted, but I also don't rely on a single browser when the time comes.

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve found that the Marriott website slows to a crawl or crashes when trying to book high demand weeks such as President’s Week or Fourth of July.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It slowed to a crawl intermittently this Tuesday AM between 5:50am to 6am while I was trying to search so that I could book at 6am Pacific Time. It was slow and then it had an error about server problem. Fortunately right at 6am, the system responded and I managed to book what I wanted.

I called MVC 2 weeks ago for a simple cancellation of a points reservation. I had first sent a request to cancel and after waiting for 2 days without a response, I called. I called the Presidential line at around 11am and was put on hold for 20 minutes before I hanged up. I called again so that I could put in a request for them to call me back. 1.5 hours later I got a call back and the agent said her system was "slow" and kept apologizing. She put me on hold back and forth and she finally completed a simple cancellation request in 45 minutes. I now believe the recent long wait times could be a result of their system issues as opposed to laying off of their call center staff.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you ever wondered if Marriott may simply be holding back inventory so that the systems don't crash and the calls stop? It sounds horrible, but I've worked in environments with reservation systems and this is a practice that is used a lot.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you ever wondered if Marriott may simply be holding back inventory so that the systems don't crash and the calls stop? It sounds horrible, but I've worked in environments with reservation systems and this is a practice that is used a lot.
I know for certain they've held back inventory at times but I am unaware of the specific reasons. In some cases it appeared the resort did not release the inventory by the date they should have.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
If MVC is not paying for the necessary bandwidth, it doesn’t matter if it’s AWS or Google.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I suspect it has to do with MVC takeover. Their terrible IT coming over