• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

It’s Been a Year Since I Applied for My Transfer

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Since I was asked in another thread, I figured I would post this now. It was one year ago on 05-28-19 that I applied for my job to transfer to Hawaii.

I accepted the job on 07-05-19 and moved to Hawaii on 07-29-19. So I am closing in a year on Hawaii. I have been here 10 months and my wife arrived one month later so she has been here 9 months.

Before moving here, we had been coming to the islands over ten years during different months. June was the last month that I had never been here during. So I have been on the islands during every month of the year now. My wife still hasn’t been here during July so she will hit that milestone next month. I arrived last July and the year before that I went to Molokai to look for condos and my wife couldn’t make both of those trips because of work and moving reasons.

We had a Molokai trip set up for the first two weeks of May which we have been vacationing during for the last few years since it falls during Mothers Day and my wife’s birthday. Well the virus and the quarantine had different plans.

Now, today we found out that the Hawaii Inter-island quarantine restriction will be lifted June 16th. So we are planning a Molokai trip starting June 27th and returning July 12th. This works nice since my birthday is the 28th and we will be there over the 4th of July. So we will see if we can see some fireworks being set off on Maui.

I will have a trip thread but we will be putting in a lot of Lanai time. :) I received an email from WaveCrest where our condo is and the pool and cabana is opening this weekend with restricted hours and only allowing a certain number in at a time. There will be staff there monitoring it. so that should be fine as I know that the resort will be far from full.

I also see that Hiro’s restaurant is opening for dine in starting June 19th. I am hoping the bugs, if any will be worked out at the restaurants and the airport by the 27th so we will see.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
@slip Finally going home. :D

What a difference a year makes.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I agree with @Luanne - what a difference! A year ago you were planning to just retire to Molokai, and next thing you knew, you're living on Oahu, and really making close-up plans for your retirement. The time has flown, most certainly. Congratulations to you both!

Dave

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Since I was asked in another thread, I figured I would post this now. It was one year ago on 05-28-19 that I applied for my job to transfer to Hawaii.

I accepted the job on 07-05-19 and moved to Hawaii on 07-29-19. So I am closing in a year on Hawaii. I have been here 10 months and my wife arrived one month later so she has been here 9 months.
We moved to Oahu shortly before you. We hit 1 year yesterday. The earliest we could arrive was June 1; I arrived June 1 :) and my DW and DD joined me later in the month.
Fastest year of my life! I don't know if it's because I'm older, having fun, or both.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We moved to Oahu shortly before you. We hit 1 year yesterday. The earliest we could arrive was June 1; I arrived June 1 :) and my DW and DD joined me later in the month.
Fastest year of my life! I don't know if it's because I'm older, having fun, or both.

Congratulations to your family. Mine was pretty chaotic because we really didn’t plan on a job opening and wasn’t really looking but within 2 months I had moved.

I have to wait to really enjoy and retire but my wife is loving being retired in Hawaii.

Are you and your wife working?