• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Issue with contacting timeshare services

mikwilli

Reaction score
Hello All. This is my first post and I'm hoping to glean some knowledge from you folks. Me and my wife bought a timeshare from the Xanadu Beach Club in the Bahamas. We did not buy resale because this purchase included 4 bonus weeks per year for the next 30 years. Since we purchased though we have been unable to get a response from their reservations people. We can get through to sales, but that's about it. Since we have been unable to use this we have not paid.

To me it seems like a breach of contract if we cannot make a reservation and voicemails are not returned. We'd like to keep this for the bonus weeks, but if we can't make a reservation what's the point. I know that these contracts are a nightmare for the buyer, but what recourse do I have if they won't answer the phone or return calls when trying to make a reservation?

You help is much appreciated.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
What do their sales-people say about this? You have asked them, right?

Assuming that the rescission period has expired, your unilateral decision not to pay will likely land your credit rating in the toilet and your debt in the hands of a collector, unless that is, you have a good lawyer and sue them B4 they sue you.

Last edited:

mikwilli

Reaction score
The Sales people say they have nothing to do with reservations and they cannot help. We got supervisors names and they all tell us they have no ability to influence anything. The person with the ability to actually do something which we spoke to will also no longer answer or return our calls.

I understand that not paying will cause us credit issues, but paying a ton of money to people who won't allow us to make reservations isn't a great option either. What I am looking for is some constructive advice or maybe what others have done in this situation.

philsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All. This is my first post and I'm hoping to glean some knowledge from you folks. Me and my wife bought a timeshare from the Xanadu Beach Club in the Bahamas. We did not buy resale because this purchase included 4 bonus weeks per year for the next 30 years. Since we purchased though we have been unable to get a response from their reservations people. We can get through to sales, but that's about it. Since we have been unable to use this we have not paid.

To me it seems like a breach of contract if we cannot make a reservation and voicemails are not returned. We'd like to keep this for the bonus weeks, but if we can't make a reservation what's the point. I know that these contracts are a nightmare for the buyer, but what recourse do I have if they won't answer the phone or return calls when trying to make a reservation?

You help is much appreciated.

This link makes it seem like you have to go thru RCI to reserve. Did you join RCI when you bought here? There's a feedback form on that page and some phone numbers, you could try that if you haven't already.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
This link makes it seem like you have to go thru RCI to reserve. Did you join RCI when you bought here? There's a feedback form on that page and some phone numbers, you could try that if you haven't already.

Maybe the club's reservation person is the same as the bellhop+concierge, and his job consists of printing out the RCI list.
Quoting the FAQ:
Q. Do I make reservations through RCI or The Club?
A. All reservations are made through RCI. However, in the event RCI does not have the availability. The Club may utilize its additional inventory at the Xanadu Beach Resort & Marina (home resort) to fulfill reservation requests (subject to availability).

mikwilli

Reaction score
Thanks all for your responses. You are correct that booking to them should be done through RCI, however we were trying to use a bonus week and RCI told us that it is up to the resort to block that off and assign it to us so that they can bank it.

When we spoke to someone a few rungs up the chain (They only talked to us as we kept calling their sales people) they gave the excuse that the person who normally did reservations was on maternity leave and the new person they hired didn't know how to access voicemail. So to make a reservation we would need to call the new person directly and not use the published number. Now that about a month and a half have passed and all the tropical storms and hurricanes are coming though they seem to have closed their offices entirely :(

mikwilli

Reaction score
I should ammend my last statement as it was misleading. I just meant to say that they weren't in the offices at this point due to the hurricanes and tropical storms, not that they had closed up shop. Sorry for the confusion.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reservations

sounds like you are in a real pickle, I would contact a lawyer and get things rolling as soon as possible. Because otherwise you will be stuck paying them
without any use of the timeshare. By the way doesn't Xanadu mean something??