• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Isolated Caribbean resorts??

Corky

TUG Member
Reaction score
My son plans a trip to the Caribbean in November but wants to avoid tourist areas. He's looking for a quiet beach area where he can snorkel and relax. Not looking for night life or shopping. If there's a better month to travel, he can change that if it will make a difference.

Any suggestions?

scotlass

TUG Member
Reaction score
We really enjoyed Sandy Pointe Beach Club in Tobago. It's a small island and the timeshare is right on the water, although the swimming beach is a 10 minute walk. Very nice although it is at the end of the runway of the airport. We enjoyed watching the planes come in which wasn't all that often.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Corky said:
My son plans a trip to the Caribbean in November but wants to avoid tourist areas. He's looking for a quiet beach area where he can snorkel and relax. Not looking for night life or shopping. If there's a better month to travel, he can change that if it will make a difference.

Any suggestions?

Does it have to be a timeshare? If so RCI or II?

If not then any of these islands among others will fit. Anguilla,Antigua, BVI, St John, Nevis, the Grenadines, Bahamas out islands, Barbados, St Lucia,Grenada,

Corky

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was thinking timeshare, since my son wants to keep his expenses down. However, if someone knows of an affordable resort that's not a timeshare, that could work too. Neither he, nor anyone in the family, has been to the Caribbean and aren't familiar with where to stay. I do belong to RCI.

nickis

TUG Member
Reaction score
PlayaColibri.com take a look. It's in Las Terrenas on the Samana Pernisular,or Las Galaras also SP. In the Dominican Rep. It's a small town with great beaches is a little hard to get to but well worth it.

Corinne

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few options to consider

Is it just your son going, or will he be bringing his family? What might work for your son alone might not for a family trip.

St. John, USVI might fit the bill in general, though. Most of the island is a National Park, so it is significantly less developed than other US Virgin Islands. Some of the most lovely beaches in the world, and pretty good snorkeling, too. You have to fly into St. Thomas, then ferry over to St. John. There are two timeshares on the island, Sunset Ridge Villas and the Westin, St. John. We have stayed at the former, and it was ok, but not luxurious and it has its drawbacks (water is not potable, for example - see reviews). The Westin is a high end resort and typically very difficult to get in to unless you own a Starwood property. As with most Caribbean islands, things are not cheap here.

St. Lucia at the Windjammer Landing resort, might be another option. Lots of information and reviews about this one. The island, while in-your-face poor, is beautiful, and the resort is lovely.

Your son might want to consider Mexico (Playa del Carmen area), where the beaches are gorgeous, the snorkeling is good, and costs are not nearly so high.

Another thought is Bermuda. In early Nov, the temps will probably still be good for the beach, and snorkeling can be quite good there. St. George's Club is the timeshare to shoot for. We loved our stay there and Bermuda in general.

Hope this helps,

Corinne

silverfox82

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
anguilla

Rendezvous bay club and Roy's place are 2 moderately priced resorts on Anguilla that I recommend highly. Both have excellent restaurants, are small, intimate places on beautiful beaches. St. Maarten is a short ferry ride away for a day trip and some french culture (ie great food). Access to Anguilla is either thru SXM and the ferry or AA eagle thru San Juan, probably the better choice, I think it would actually be cheaper as lately the SXM fares are thru the roof.