• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ISO Resort with Best Indoor Pool within 4hrs of D.C.

slank

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Would love suggestions of resorts with great indoor pools (not $$ indoor waterparks), especially appropriate for very young children. Prefer timeshare within 4hr-5hr drive of Washington D.C.

We've already visited (and enjoyed) Massanutten, but we are looking for something different.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been there, but Split Rock in the Poconos has a new indoor waterpark. That's probably about a four-hour drive from DC, maybe a bit more.

King's Creek in Williamsburg has a nice indoor pool with a zero-entry side for the little guys. They also have a sprinkler pool outside for children.

NTHC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Panama City Beach, Las Vegas, Massanutten
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Regal Vista, Wyndham, Bluegreen, Diamond
We have not travelled to timeshare resorts that have the magnitude of indoor pool options that Massanutten does. We live in Massanutten though so the pools here have become somewhat ordinary to our kids. Other pools that they like close by are as follows:

Shenandoah Crossing...the water from the hot tub sloshes into the pool so it's warm, plus you can play games when you are done

Outer Banks Beach Club...they were open late and not crowded and they allowed pool toys

Governors Green..they allowed kids in the hot tub and you can go from the indoor pool to the outdoor pool at night

Ocean Key...Lot's of other kids, fun, noisy, but they have adult only hours

I asked the kids to think within several hours drive and this is what they came up with.

You didn't mention the age of your kids, but hope this helps.

Cindy

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't choose Kings Creek for its indoor pool

We just returned from Kings Creek in Williamsburg, which we choose over other Williamsburg timeshares specifically for its indoor pool, AKA Aquatic Center. We were very disappointed.

Granted, the pool was big, and the temperature was pretty good. HOWEVER, the chemicals were sooooo strong that we went only once. We felt itchy just being in the pool for a half hour or so. The lap swimming lane was useless, because it was full of kids. Most moved aside with a friendly request, but they were quickly replaced by others.

The deck wasn't particularly clean - definitely needed flip flops - and the locker room was very slippery and not clean either.

It was better than the other Williamsburg indoor pools - Plantation's is grubby and murky, Governor's green is ok but small, and Ford's Colony's is small and grubby.

Overall Kings Creek was a nice place and we love the historic sites, but the overly strong chemicals made its indoor pool a real downer.

Last edited:

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
slank,
I'm assuming that you mean a "timeshare" resort.

If you are open to normal resorts, then I would highly recommend the Chesapeake Bay Hyatt in Cambridge, MD. It's very nice and family friendly with multiple things to do. I went in the winter two years ago and had a very nice and fairly affordable time.

Here is a link to the indoor pool complex.

http://chesapeakebay.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/gallery/photos.jsp?hotelId=2098&start=17

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check out the Holiday Inn in Ocean City. My daughter and her family go there and they like the pool. It is very close to DC - no more than 2 hours.

slank

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

Thank you for the suggestions! An indoor pool is the best idea I've found to address that winter-is-too-long-with-two-preschoolers-in-the-house syndrome.

Slank

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions! An indoor pool is the best idea I've found to address that winter-is-too-long-with-two-preschoolers-in-the-house syndrome.

Slank

Something we've never done, but have often thought about, is booking a room at a nearby hotel with an indoor pool. We have three kids and thought that would be a fun way for them to have an afternoon splashing around, and we wouldn't even have to actually sleep there overnight.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Something we've never done, but have often thought about, is booking a room at a nearby hotel with an indoor pool. We have three kids and thought that would be a fun way for them to have an afternoon splashing around, and we wouldn't even have to actually sleep there overnight.

I have friends who did that. They also once scheduled the hotel's indoor pool for their child's birthday party. It was not expensive, and the kids had a great time!