• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is Wyndham setting up another mini-system?

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At the outset, let me say that this post is a bit like when foreign affairs experts, having no access to China, were trying to figure out what was going to happen within the Chinese government by reading the graffiti on the walls around Beijing... highly speculative with little supportive evidence. In any case, here are the parts...

• About two years ago, Wyndham announced plans to set up a vacation club with six hotels that contain condo units. They built one in Florida and were to add five in the Caribbean. To date, not much has come of this plan. (Cindy pointed out to me that there was a thread saying the ownership of the Wyndham Palms is no longer directly in Wyndham's hands.)
  • About a month ago, Wyndham bought out Pahio.
  • Club Interwest was sold to a private investment group. There is a thread on the Points board about this. The most recent post quoted a newspaper article saying that the investment firm was likely to sell of Club Intrawest, either as a whole or in parts.
  • There is a note on Streettalk in the rumors section (many of which turn out not to be true) that Wyndham is interested in buying Club Intrawest. (My suspicion here is that if they are, they are not the only ones interested.)
  • Other comparable type hotel systems have their own condo groups: Hyatt, Radisson, Marriot, Hilton. How long will Wyndham stay on the sidelines?
Currently, Pahio is a standalone entity within the Wyndham system. I have to believe something will be done with it. Early speculation was that it would be merged with Trendwest or Fairfield (both of which would be difficult to do).

Just wondering outloud, is Wyndham resurrecting its earlier plans to create a vacation club under its own name. Before, they were thinking of building the units. That may not have worked well. The alternative might be to jump start the creation of such a system by buying some of the parts and merging them. They can then add their own specially built units at will.

Again, no facts, just lots of speculation...

rifleman69

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pahio is to stand on it's own under the Wyndham banner, according to both the clued-in and the clueless here at Bali Hai Villas.

Bill4728

Reaction score
You must wonder why wyndham is buying these resort groups. They clearly are trying with FF and WM. But, they bought equivest and just let it rot. Did they buy PAHIO and are planning the same thing?

I sure hope they keep away from my Club Intrawest.

rifleman69

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill4728 said:
You must wonder why wyndham is buying these resort groups. They clearly are trying with FF and WM. But, they bought equivest and just let it rot. Did they buy PAHIO and are planning the same thing?

I sure hope they keep away from my Club Intrawest.

Club Intrawest is next on Wyndham's list.

somerville

TUG Member
Reaction score
The developer that was going to expand Wyndham and built Wyndham Palms in Florida terminated its relationship with the Wyndham hotel organization before Cendant bought Wyndham hotels.

ajsmithtx

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
rifleman69 said:
Pahio is to stand on it's own under the Wyndham banner, according to both the clued-in and the clueless here at Bali Hai Villas.

I certainly expect that to happen.

Thanks for the update.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
fyi-just back from Peppertree Atlantic Beach, NC--going to be a Wyndham

staff there said a new Wyndham sign was being put up in front of resort soon. The resort has been fully sold out for years. IT has fixed weeks and also does the Equivest system.