• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is what i paid for my timeshare too much??

bigsteel497

Reaction score
Hello! Just looking for some input! We just recently purchased a 1BR/sleeps 4 red week,plus we received a bonus week at Massanutten Resort in Va. Which is RCI affiliated!
Would you say that paying $10,000 would a god or bad purchase?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome to TUG! :hi:

If you bought directly from the developer you probably paid 2 to 10 times too much. Because of the economy, you can buy the exact same thing resale for a fraction of the cost.

If you are within the rescission period you should rescind - a completely legal way to get all your money back.

Last edited:

emmitt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen 4 bedroom at the same resort sell for around $1000.00....recind if possible.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Timeshare Companies Sell Timeshares For Lots More Than The Timeshares Are Worth.

Nothing the timeshare companies sell at full freight is worth the money.

Get out of it if you can.

Then buy a timeshare resale -- save thousands for the same thing or the equivalent or something better.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope you are recinding right now!

As stated previously, you paid way too much for a Massanutten timeshare and especially a 1 BR. Hurry as fast as you can and get out of this! Good luck!!!!! I recently saw a Massanutten Red Float 2 Bedroom, weeks 1-52 on eBay listed for a $1 and no one even bid on it.

1950bing

Reaction score
The time to ask this question is BEFORE you buy. Please, do your homework !
This is a great place to make the most of your purchase.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree, Massanutten is a great resort with many amenities and activities

That is good advice to do your homework before plunking down the money and then asking the questions. But if that's how it worked most of the time, the timeshare developers wouldn't be selling to anyone. Many of us on TUG have bought from the developers in the heat of the moment. I did in 1984 and again in 1986. It did get me to where I am today though, which is a very happy timesharer. If you can't get out of it, learn how to make the most out of this purchase because that is the only way that you will get your money spent out of it. Good luck!:wave:

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
If you're outside the recsinssion period, don't worry about what you've paid. Many of us on this site purchased our first timeshare at developer prices and paid considerably more than what you've paid.

You're in the right spot to learn how to maximize your purchase so stick around and learn how to use your new timeshare.

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you can rescind, do it before it's too late.
If you can't, enjoy your ownership. Massanutten is great place to have family vacation.

sterlngn

Reaction score
Yep way too much

The price to pay for a TS is twice the main/fee, then you know you got a great deal.

We own 15, all bought for 500 or less, so we can rent to
friends.

regards