• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is Vidanta's "Kingdom of the Sun" going to be built now?

ocjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Residence Club Ka'anapali Beach
Hyatt Residence Club Incline Village (Lake Tahoe)
Vidanta Kingdom of the Sun (maybe, someday), Grand Luxxe now
Hi everyone,
In late 2019, we bought "Kingdom of the Sun"- with access to the Grand Luxxe at other properties, etc - but the main thing was 4 weeks per year in a unit overlooking the new park. I've read speculation that all this will end up being is a Cirque Theater.

I don't think our contract includes any remedies if the park is never built. Has anyone heard anything? Thanks.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi everyone,
In late 2019, we bought "Kingdom of the Sun"- with access to the Grand Luxxe at other properties, etc - but the main thing was 4 weeks per year in a unit overlooking the new park. I've read speculation that all this will end up being is a Cirque Theater.

I don't think our contract includes any remedies if the park is never built. Has anyone heard anything? Thanks.

The park continues to be built and I am sure it will open at some future date.

Realize that when the park opens it will be a huge summer draw for Mexican Nationals.
Guadalajara has a population of over 5 million and a toll road is being completed that will reduce the drive time
to about 3 hours.

Vidanta has a good track record in resolving member issues with regard to brand issues on unbuilt situations.
One example - there was a Luxxe brand that was promoted . It was situated between Grand Bliss and Grand Luxxe. I believe that the limited number of people who bought were eventually upgraded to GL.
@pittle mentioned in a prior post a brand sold in the late 90’s for Acapulco use that was above Mayan Palace
and those who bought were given resolution.

I would also consider speaking to Member Services. You may be able to clarify and enhance current use options
until Kingdom of the Sun is built and the park is opened.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
It always takes longer than they say it will. Usually closer to twice as long. :(

The Amusement Parks and the Cascades & Kingdom of the Sun buildings there are still being built. No one knows just when they will be finished. I really have no interest in those as they are not close to the ocean and we are not interested in going to the giant amusement park.

Another example is East Cape in Cabo. They were selling that big time in 2009 and I have still not seen any announcement that it is open. It does not show up on their website. It started being advertized as Grand Mayan / Grand Luxxe only. Now I think that maybe they are doing Estates. Just no news about it for a while.

They were selling GM units in Puerto Penasco in 2005. I saw the building shell for years, and then they built a GM in an entirely new building that opened in 2016. That original building has been changed so many times that I have no idea what is going to go there now. Maybe I will find out in May when we go down there.

RM Lazy River was promised in 2003 and I actually saw that it was poured and looked ready to go in November 2005 when the hurricane came through. On the other side of it were 8 or 9 Mayan Palace shells. These are now being reconfigured into GL DeLuxxe1 bedroom Jungle units.. They tore out the lazy river and built a bigger one in 2020 as part of the Jungula Water Park that you have to pay for now.

In Acapulco when we first bought in 1999 there were Crown Suites units that were nice large oceanfront Studios overlooking the beach - these were much larger than a Hotel unit and had a refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker, plus a nice sofa in addition to a king bed. These cost about the same or more than a 1-bedroom MP because of the location. When they tore those down, they gave the owners a Grand Mayan unit. I do not remember if it was a 1-bedroom or just a Hotel unit. I knew someone that had one of those units and she told me about the upgrade.

Covid stopped info on the Cruise. I am a little skeptical about that one. The Sea of Cortez does not have very many interesting places to go. Puerto Penasco is a small town. Not much is happening there.

They were going to build a big hotel in Buenos Aires, but that fizzled out and they sold the partially finished property.

So, having owned with Vidanta for 22 years and seen their building history, we do not by anything that is not actually there. :)

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi everyone,
In late 2019, we bought "Kingdom of the Sun"- with access to the Grand Luxxe at other properties, etc - but the main thing was 4 weeks per year in a unit overlooking the new

The park continues to be built and I am sure it will open at some future date.

Realize that when the park opens it will be a huge summer draw for Mexican Nationals.Guadalajara has a population of over 5 million and a toll road is being completed that will reduce the drive time to about 3 hours.

It always takes longer than they say it will. Usually closer to twice as long. :( .......Acapulco when we first bought in 1999 there were Crown Suites units that were nice large oceanfront Studios ..... When they tore those down, they gave the owners a Grand Mayan unit .......
So, having owned with Vidanta for 22 years and seen their building history, we do not buy anything that is not actually there. :)

For a build update google Vidanta World -and click on the
website -themeparx.com
There are new pictures from March 2021.

Also a picture of a new sign / logo being erected - “ VIDANTA WORLD”
It is near the hwy where the gondola goes over Mx 200

Also a new place holder / coming soon website.

Last edited:

dg612

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Stormy Point Village
Deluxxe at Grand Mayan NV
We were there in May and they said the park would open January 2023.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
For a build update google Vidanta World -and click on the
website -themeparx.com
There are new pictures from March 2021.

Also a picture of a new sign / logo being erected - “ VIDANTA WORLD Also a new place holder / coming soon website.

The "place holder" website from April now has information.
The gondala is now apparently operational.

if anyone is at Nuevo - please ride it and give an update.

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Vidante World sign is up, and it is big!
The toll road will reduce time from Guadalajara to 3 hours, thank goodness I have not held my breath. Do not count on that being finished anytime soon either, very little progress has been made in two years almost that Covid has been around.

LIkely I will no longer be able to drive when they complete it. ;)

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
The gondala is now apparently operational.

if anyone is at Nuevo - please ride it and give an update.
Yes, the gondola is operational but not yet used as intended. I went to the "update" meeting in April and I was able to take the gondola ride with the sales guy. But without my chaperone, I wasn't permitted to ride the gondola. I heard (no idea if the source is reliable) that the folks in the Estates and the Residence building will soon be allowed to use the gondola as it was intended. Right now it is a sales tool.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I think they were selling this idea 10 years ago. It looks like things were being built last winter but I'm not sure what.

Bill

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
I've read speculation that all this will end up being is a Cirque Theater.
I don't think our contract includes any remedies if the park is never built. Has anyone heard anything?

I believe that this is still the plan:
Vidanta Park Hotels.jpg

My contract is for a Loft Park Terrace (top 2 floors) in the Kingdom of the Sun II building

WatsonC2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages, Wyndham Grand Desert
We were there in late May and there are definately some building shells up that look sorta castle like. One in particular was so close to the highway we joked that some people are gonna be p!ssed at the proximity to the commercial outside the Vidanta property. Lots of noise and light a couple hundred feet away. It was tough to see if there was work continuing in this area because the landscaping does a good job of screening.