• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is this standard wording FOR RESALES?

emilyjames

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have just purchased a resale Marriott Grand Chateau week. In the letter from Marriott acknowledging that they had changed their records to reflect the new ownership, the following paragraph was included:

"We are relying on your request and the deed presented by or for you to update Marriott Vacation Club International's internal records to show you as the owner of the property described above . We have not independently verified the legal status of your ownership. If you have not already done so, you may want to consult a qualified attorney or title company for an opinion that the legal title is in your name and that the title is clear of any liens or other problems that may affect your ability to later mortgage or sell your property."

Is this standard wording or should I be concerned about this particular unit?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We have just purchased a resale Marriott Grand Chateau week. In the letter from Marriott acknowledging that they had changed their records to reflect the new ownership, the following paragraph was included:

"We are relying on your request and the deed presented by or for you to update Marriott Vacation Club International's internal records to show you as the owner of the property described above . We have not independently verified the legal status of your ownership. If you have not already done so, you may want to consult a qualified attorney or title company for an opinion that the legal title is in your name and that the title is clear of any liens or other problems that may affect your ability to later mortgage or sell your property."

Is this standard wording or should I be concerned about this particular unit?

It may be new. It wasn't in our letter last August when our ownership was transferred. Just sounds like Marriott is protecting themselves.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Did you get title insurance with the purchase?

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw that in the papers from my Barony purchase. It means nothing. Just legal speak saying that Marriott will treat you like the owner but did not examine and verify the legal documents that make you the owner.

Charles

frb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Emilyjames, how long did it take Marriott once they received your documentation (Change of Ownership Form, Copy of Deed, etc.) to acknowledge that you were the new owner. I'm a few days from my NCV closing and was wondering how long I would have to wait for Marriott to recognize me as the new owner so I can start working on my exchange. I think I read it can take up to a month.

emilyjames

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have yet to receive our title insurance policy or a copy of the original deed--but we are told both are forthcoming--part of the concern is that the original owner had two weeks at Grand Chateau, selling one to us and one to another party--we were not made aware of this until I checked the county records and saw that the owners had sold two weeks in short succession--I am assuming that the original two weeks were on one deed. I am told that this makes no difference since Marriott will separate the weeks in their internal system. My concern is about the legal liabilities--I am assuming once we receive the title insurance that this concern will be allieviated. Anyone ever deal with Stewart TITLE?

frb--IT TOOK EXACTLY A MONTH FOR MARRIOTT TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE CHANGE IN OWNERSHIP.