• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is this a scam company

Hoot67

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tahiti
Am looking to exit my timeshare contract and ran across this company, vacation ownership consultants on Facebook. Does anyone have knowledge or experience in dealing with them. Are the legitimate?

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
No idea, but: Are they asking you to pay any money up front? If so, then basically, yes, they have zero incentive to sell your timeshare. Companies like that will take your money and run. Depending on what you own, you can probably sell or give it away right here on Tug. As a rule of thumb, you should never pay anyone up front to sell your timeshare. Would you pay a realtor up front to sell your house? Nope. Why do it for a timeshare?

Dave

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have they told you exactly how they intend to exit you from your timeshare? Many of these exit/cancel/rescue companies use illegal, questionable, or unethical tactics. Others just charge you thousands of dollars to do what you can do yourself for a lot less money.

As Dave suggested above, try to sell or give it away right here on TUG. You could also ask the resort to take it back. Right now, Wyndham, Diamond, and Westgate are offering deed back options for intervals that qualify. Other resort systems are offering a limited number of deed backs.

Hoot67

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tahiti
Have not made contact with them, they ask for documents up front to determine how much they will charge to file documents to get you released. Have completed research and find the usual 50/50 remarks as to good or bad company. Storngly suspect they are amongst the group of companies who take money and do nothing. Owe nothing on the timeshare and just interested in deed back or signing over to an interested party. Have sent a letter asking the resort management to consider a deed back, but its early days and still waiting for a response. Timeshare is in Las Vegas and maintenance fees are below 2 bedroom rental for the 7 days which we have when we can schedule 90 days or more in advance. Appreciate the feed back and will not pursue receiving additional information beyond what I see ont he internet/ Facebook ads. Will post the availability for transfer here and see what responses may come through.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
So you bought a timeshare for retail price? If so, it's not worth much resale, and you need to know you got taken, so don't make a second mistake and pay someone else money to get you out of it, because it's just another ripoff.

Soleil Management is not going to help you with a deed-back offer, I can pretty much guarantee that. Do you owe money on it? You should learn to use what you liked so much that you bought. That is what we did, many years ago. You loved it when you bought (if you bought developer), so keep it and enjoy.

Hoot67

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tahiti
So you bought a timeshare for retail price? If so, it's not worth much resale, and you need to know you got taken, so don't make a second mistake and pay someone else money to get you out of it, because it's just another ripoff.

Soleil Management is not going to help you with a deed-back offer, I can pretty much guarantee that. Do you owe money on it? You should learn to use what you liked so much that you bought. That is what we did, many years ago. You loved it when you bought (if you bought developer), so keep it and enjoy.

You sound a lot like an employee of Resort Sales. Wondering how you would know that Soliel does not do deed backs? it is a recommendation from this site to ask the Resort first if they will do this. Next step is to see if anyone is interested in this resort. As I posted earlier, I do not owe and am fully aware of the expense. Lifestyle was totally different when time share was purchased from the developer in 2002. Then it was an enjoyable benefit. Not so now for many reasons. Makes me very happy that you own so many and enjoy them. Must be a tough decision for you to make as to where to go next.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hoot67 - Cindy is one of the most experienced timeshare owners on TUG - trust me - she knows of what she speaks!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hoot 67 ,
- Is it a scam : - a company that you pay $$$ to / for something you can do yourself for a lot less
THEN IT IS A SCAM .

RE : Cindy comments : if she does not have personal experience - she probably read about it on TUG
she has 20,000+ posts . / that’s a bunch of threads - on a lot of TS topics .

Last edited:

Hoot67

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tahiti
My initial post was fairly clear as to the information I was seeking regarding the company that I was inquiring about. I have spoken to 3 so called scam companies all asked for up front fees totaling thousands of dollars and little to show for it, beyond a promise of advertising on a site that was the same as each of the companies were promoting. This company has a somewhat different approach and I was simply asking whether anyone had knowledge of their business. I think after 16 years of ownership that I have some idea as to the down side of time share ownership. I have made the decision to rid myself of this property. I really do appreciate all of the comments and they have reinforced my belief in that I should manage the transfer myself, using the TUG site information that is available.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really do appreciate all of the comments and they have reinforced my belief in that I should manage the transfer myself, using the TUG site information that is available.

Bingo! This is what we have been trying to tell you and many others who come on these boards asking, "Should we use so-and-so cancel/exit/release from timeshare company to get us out of our timeshare?" Do not use this questionable company that you mentioned at the outset. Even if this company is legitimate, it will charge you thousands of dollars to do something you can do yourself.

Last edited:

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
...I was simply asking whether anyone had knowledge of their business.
Even if no one here has a negative report about this specific company name, that doesn't mean they are legit and/or trustworthy. It seems like playing whack-a-mole. When one unsavory DBA accumulates too much baggage, the proprietor can abandon it and start over - clean and shiny, at least for a little while. That's why the experts here focus more on the red and yellow flags.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
My initial post was fairly clear as to the information I was seeking regarding the company that I was inquiring about. I have spoken to 3 so called scam companies all asked for up front fees totaling thousands of dollars and little to show for it, beyond a promise of advertising on a site that was the same as each of the companies were promoting. This company has a somewhat different approach and I was simply asking whether anyone had knowledge of their business. I think after 16 years of ownership that I have some idea as to the down side of time share ownership. I have made the decision to rid myself of this property. I really do appreciate all of the comments and they have reinforced my belief in that I should manage the transfer myself, using the TUG site information that is available.

If I am looking at the right resort on eBay the sold prices range from a buck to a couple hundred. Most are with all fees paid and some have an extra cash card at closing.

I don't know much about the company you reference. Maybe they will do what they say, maybe not. However, we have heard stories of similar type companies who had promised the same thing and failed to deliver. We have also heard of people going to jail for scamming timeshare owners. What they all will do with 100% certainty is collect THOUSANDS of dollars from you. You can pay them THOUSANDS and take a chance or you can try to give it away and SAVE thousands. Yes, to give it away you may have to pay for the closing and transfer, maybe give a year free usage and maybe even give a cash card. Even if you do all that you are still guaranteed to come out with money left in your pocket versus paying some unknown company thousands.

A friendly suggestion is to review the sticky thread in the Buying/Selling/Renting forum. This will give you a good understanding on how to do this yourself. Second, I recommend to look at the many timeshares being given away in the bargains deals to get an idea on how to make your ad stand out. You will see that the ones that say "I need to get rid of this timeshare because the fees are too high" never sell. The ones that sell have a nice description on what makes that timeshare special. Could be the pool, onsite restaurant, kids activities, close to entertainment or shopping, free movies to rent, BBQs on site, etc... Photos will also add to the appeal. Just like anything to be sold, one has to SELL it. If you find a buyer, there are legit closing companies that for a nominal fee will handle the whole process for you. One recommended company is LT Transfers (fee maybe $250 or less). One less worry and you can concentrate on just trying to give it away.

Once you are ready you can place your ad in the bargain deals. You should check your ad often and periodically reply to your own ad to answer questions or add a new tidbit about the timeshare, all to bump the ad to the top of the forum list. If you don't do that the thread just gets buried. Finally, there are many people who have given away timeshares on this site and would be happy to answer your questions and help walk you through the process.

Wish you luck!

Last edited: