• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is there any market for Kona Coast 1 Founders contracts?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a friend of a friend offer to give me 2 weeks at Kona Coast 1. She wants me to pay the transfer fees. These 2 weeks are in Shell Points to the amount of 17,500. The contract has 2 years advance reservation status which they say all the benefits will transfer with the contracts. The same folks also have 2 weeks that are not in Shell Points which she would also give me.
i need advice on what Tuggers think?
I might use this resort in the future, but for the next few years we will still be going to Mexico for the winter.

My question is are the maintenance fees reasonable on these contracts?
Is the resort rentable at high prime weeks?

i own a bunch of Wyndham points now, but I have no idea about Shell Points.

i appreciate any answers or comments. PM me if you don’t want to share your answers with the world.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
17500 is a lot of shell points. I dont know the MF involved, but if you dont have a specific use for them I probably wouldn't take them. YmMV.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
If my calculations are correct it looks like 3,900.00 which Gets you 4 weeks in a 1 bedroom. If I’m reading the assessment correctly from 2020.

Rjbeach2003

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Two weeks in 3 bedroom, highest season. with 500 left over. Yes and it would get you four weeks in a 1 bedroom in low season and almost 4 in high season. Also you can use points at other Shell properties on Kauai, and Oahu, as well as two more on the Big Island. Get nearly 5 weeks at Paniolo Greens at Waikoloa Village-Not Beach resort or 5 weeks in a one bedroom at Holua Resort at Mauna Loa. I have no idea about renting.
Shell has other properties in BC, NC, Arizona, California, and Oregon. The maintenance fees in Hawaii I higher than their other properties. If these fees are at the same rate as mine, you would have $5425/year in fees. I know that when I purchased, in 2010, the more points you had the lower the per point fees were. I don't know if that changed after Wyndham bought Shell. Probably so. Also affiliated resorts in Puerto Vallarta with even lower points, up to 6.5 weeks in a one bedroom.
Lots to think about.