• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is there a way of identifying Wydham timeshare owners through public records (assessor's office records or otherwise)

jonfff74

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to identify owners of Wyndham timeshares using public information (assessor's office records or otherwise).

The weeks of the locations I'm trying to identify owners of were old as "intervals" at the time of sale. "100 timeshare intervals were sold." Does that mean no deed was provided to the buyer at the time of sale? Does that also mean there is no way of using public information (whether it be looking up owners using the county assessor's records or otherwise)?

Other than using a broker does anyone have a suggestion on how to identify owners for the properties I'm targeting?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Hi, I am trying to identify owners of Wyndham timeshares using public information (assessor's office records or otherwise).

The weeks of the locations I'm trying to identify owners of were old as "intervals" at the time of sale. "100 timeshare intervals were sold." Does that mean no deed was provided to the buyer at the time of sale? Does that also mean there is no way of using public information (whether it be looking up owners using the county assessor's records or otherwise)?

Other than using a broker does anyone have a suggestion on how to identify owners for the properties I'm targeting?
"Targeting?" That sounds ominous.

Try asking readylegal@gmail, which is LT Timeshares, recommended here for closing timeshares.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Depending on the resort and county, the records may be available online. It may however take a lot of time to pick through deeds and figure out if they ever sold to another owner. Something like CWA may not have deeds to pick through. If you are looking for a specific resort, you are probably best to work with a broker who will notify you when they have something that you want come through their listings. Contacting individual owners would be difficult and time consuming as at most you will have is a name and address and the address may be out of date.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade

Why are you doing this?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
It's very much going to depend on your jurisdiction how much you can do, and how much you can do for free. For instance - and I'm making assumptions here based on past posts - if you wanted to find owners of fixed week (or converted fixed week) deeds, I tested this out by going to the county of one of my converted fixed weeks. If I put in the subdivision that my unit is in, and limit the result types to what seem to be the most common types of deeds, I get around 4,000 results. I don't know which ones are the current owners within these search results, nor the week or unit number. Some but not all of the results have images which I can click through and see the actual deed (which at least tells me the week and unit). And this is the most permissive county of the deeds I own, because I can both search online and view documents online for free. Some counties are free to search but cost money to download a deed. Some are free to search but you have to view deeds in person at the county office. Some you can search online and then pay to have a deed postal mailed. Some you can't search online at all, some you have to pay to even have access to search.

I assume there are some ways to scrape this information in a way that's less manual than what I'm able to do, because there certainly are a lot of exit companies out there calling and mailing huge numbers of timeshare owners and that information has to come from somewhere, but I don't know anything about how that works.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Before I help anyone try to identify timeshare owners, they’re going to have to give me a legitimate reason why they need that information. It seems to me that should have been in the first paragraph of the post. Yet, the oP didn’t mention it at all. Also, the person is on a website dedicated to owners and travel enthusiasts. If he/she is looking for a timeshare in a specific location, why wouldn’t they say that in their post? Instead, they ssk us for help in identifying, potentially, hundreds of owners? Why make it that difficult?

jonfff74

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's nothing nefarious in my intentions. Why would I use someone other than a broker? The broker charges the owner/seller a large fee to sell their timeshare. Even though the seller pays the fee indirectly generally makes the price to the buyer higher. I've had a lot of success in directly contacting owners and purchasing from them directly. As to which timeshares, I want to buy let's just say they're in demand locations and I consider that information confidential and I'm not going to encourage others to duplicate my strategy by sharing the specifics of that I had in mind.

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
There's nothing nefarious in my intentions. Why would I use someone other than a broker? The broker charges the owner/seller a large fee to sell their timeshare. Even though the seller pays the fee indirectly generally makes the price to the buyer higher. I've had a lot of success in directly contacting owners and purchasing from them directly. As to which timeshares, I want to buy let's just say they're in demand locations and I consider that information confidential and I'm not going to encourage others to duplicate my strategy by sharing the specifics of that I had in mind.

Post it on the wish list in the classifieds section

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
As to which timeshares, I want to buy let's just say they're in demand locations and I consider that information confidential and I'm not going to encourage others to duplicate my strategy by sharing the specifics of that I had in mind.
So you’re on a forum where posters share strategies and methods for timesharing to help other people. You want us to help you. But you want to keep what you’re doing a secret?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
…and while they have the right to do that, it’s probably not a great way to encourage folks to help.

I also suspect that this strategy doesn’t make much sense unless you are buying in (relative) bulk. It’s a lot of work to comb through the deeds. Yes you might get a better deal that way, but time is money. Or, more importantly, vacations!

For ones and twos I can’t see how this is worth doing, because most Wyndham is very cheap on the resale market to begin with. If I were building a sizable rental portfolio, maybe…but unless we are talking about unconverted weeks that is just daring the most aggressive anti-renting management company to stop you. The other reason might be a resort that is very small and just doesn’t show up for sale often, but even then I’m not sure I’d spend the time. There are lots of great resorts out there.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Agree completely. You’re talking about $250 to LT Transfers and $300 to Wyndham per deed. I know I’m not going to spend hours and days searching for needles in a haystack to save less than $1,000. But, maybe I value my time more than the OP does. :shrug:

As to which timeshares, I want to buy let's just say they're in demand locations and I consider that information confidential and I'm not going to encourage others to duplicate my strategy by sharing the specifics of that I had in mind.

Or, maybe the reasons they are “targeting” timeshare owners are more “nefarious” than they would have us believe? Regardless, if the reason for their questions is confidential, so are my answers.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I see nothing nefarious or suspicious of the original post at all. It seems people are reading far too much into this. THere are certain weeks that are more coveted, and in many cases sharing too much means the "secret it out" and then those weeks become even harder to find. It goes back to the issues with all the loyalty programs. All those hacks and tricks work until the loyalty programs shut off the spigot because too many people start to take advantage of it because all the bloggers overshared.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I see nothing nefarious or suspicious of the original post at all. It seems people are reading far too much into this. THere are certain weeks that are more coveted, and in many cases sharing too much means the "secret it out" and then those weeks become even harder to find. It goes back to the issues with all the loyalty programs. All those hacks and tricks work until the loyalty programs shut off the spigot because too many people start to take advantage of it because all the bloggers overshared.
I agree, and maybe I was being too cagey above, but it’s easy enough to look back and see that this poster asked earlier this month about the ability to book at Newport Onshore in summer without owning there, and imo it seemed to be from the posture of personal use. So whether this is about that or a different location, I don’t see any red flags in terms of motive.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
And summer Rhode Island would definitely qualify as "doesn't show up for sale all that often." If I really wanted to stay there and only there, combing the deeds might make sense. I still don't think this is in the same space as some of the closed VIP loopholes, in that it is a LOT of work, so you'd really really need to want to stay there to do it. I don't suspect the OP is much at risk by disclosing a little more about what they are looking for, because not many people will do that much legwork. They might get much more targeted assistance that way.

Heck, they might even find another TUGger who has been thinking about selling.

This is pretty different than, say, the old (long-since closed) cancel-forward loophole. All you had to do to take advantage of that was to have two (or more) UYs. It was common knowledge that you could extend the lifetime of points forever and talked about often enough that it was only a matter of time before Wyndham put in the effort to fix it.

e.bram

Reaction score
if you wanted a summer waterfront unit in Newport Overlook in Jamestown, RI this probably the only way to do it!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
There are two reason I can think of for wanting to know who owns at a resort.

One would be if someone was wanting to be on the board of directors to make management changes.

The other would be to identify owners of something like those old Pahio weeks. If this is the case several years ago Wyndham put a stop to getting the those Pahio transferred as developer.

Last edited:

troy12n

Reaction score
The OP is trying to be coy about it, but what he's looking to do is find a list of fixed week owners and then directly solicit them to sell their timeshare to him, or his company. This is the next big push from mega renters who have had their income stream disrupted by Wyndham. Since they can't restrict the ability to rent fixed weeks, per contract, this is where they are going to next...

I'm guessing the OP is looking for fixed weeks in Newport, RI to rent out for big bucks after buying them from some couple who wants out. May or may not work.

troy12n

Reaction score
Also, knowing how much everyone hates unsolicited sales calls, I would never help anyone try to do that, no thanks. Do your own homework.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
The OP is trying to be coy about it, but what he's looking to do is find a list of fixed week owners and then directly solicit them to sell their timeshare to him, or his company. This is the next big push from mega renters who have had their income stream disrupted by Wyndham. Since they can't restrict the ability to rent fixed weeks, per contract, this is where they are going to next...

I'm guessing the OP is looking for fixed weeks in Newport, RI to rent out for big bucks after buying them from some couple who wants out. May or may not work.
This makes the most sense.

e.bram

Reaction score
In RI deed records are in the towns where the property is located. Go to the city hall and peruse their records. Open to the public.