• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is there a best way to send 182,000 points to RCI?

waldvogelmj

Reaction score
I succeeded in using none of my Wyndham points this year. It looks like I can send these two options to RCI:

a studio or 1 bedroom prime week for 143,000 points, or
a studio or 1 bedroom value week plus a studio or 1 bedroom quiet week for 169,000 points

Does one option get me more with RCI that the other?

By the way, its been a years since I did this but it looks to me like the points options changed and I send less to RCI for the same amount of points.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have 182K expiring 12/31 you can deposit those to RCI.

Those points are then available to reserve against. The concept of depositing "weeks" to RCI is no longer valid.

Under this new system you actually give up more points to RCI for less, best to use points within Wyndham now if able.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
I succeeded in using none of my Wyndham points this year. It looks like I can send these two options to RCI:

You may want to call Wyndham reservations. One person told me at one point that you can make a reservation for December 30 or December 31 that covers January 1 and then cancel it and the end use date would slip one quarter. I have multiple use years on numerous contracts so I do not know if this works or not. I would go through a real person in reservations to do this, if it works. Take both actions through the same rep in case something goes wrong, a supervisor can fix it.

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
If you don't have a way to use the points via Wyndham before the end of the year, you should deposit them all to RCI. If you later decide you want a larger unit, say a 2BR high or prime, you can add points later.

The main benefit to the new system is that once the points are in, you can use them for any available unit of a size and season you have enough points for. So if you're interested in, say, Manhattan Club or DVC, you'll get a decent value.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have to deposit to RCI just deposit them all.

What you can do now with the 'new' Wyndham to RCI points transfer is you can reserve for a few days with a small amount of points. Or you can reserve the lowest / cheapest point week of 74K for resorts that have red/blue/white time and you want to book during their 'white time' or OFF SEASON (however they are few and far between with no gray areas for wiggle room).

The best thing to do at this point is to put in an ongoing search request for a 74K week (that's the easiest way to find them) and make sure the resort you are looking at has all 3 booking periods. I haven't quite figured out how FL adds up since it has a lot of inventory, I've searched but haven't seen any 74K weeks like I used to be able to get.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
One person told me at one point that you can make a reservation for December 30 or December 31 that covers January 1 and then cancel it and the end use date would slip one quarter. I have multiple use years on numerous contracts so I do not know if this works or not.
This only works if you have multiple UYs. If you do, a canceled reservation returns as cancel points to the *latest* active UY that covers the reservation. So, if you have multiple UY's, you can "advance" points by booking-and-canceling. If you only have one UY, though, this doesn't work.