• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is sanitizing shopping carts important?

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
NO more is NOT better. There is a ratio for a reason!
Thanks for this good information. My original response to @Luanne was meant to be a helpful solution to her difficulty in acquiring travel wipes. My point was that if someone needed travel wipes but couldn't buy them, they could make their own which would work reasonably well.

I hope that you don't mistakenly take this the wrong way...But I didn't read anywhere that a higher bleach concentration would NOT kill the virus while a lower concentration WOULD. But I understand and appreciate issues like lung irritation, drying hands, skin issues, and white spots on clothing, etc. are all exacerbated with higher than recommended concentrations.

BTW, there is a product called Chlorox plus Tilex Mildew and Mold Remover. It is a common house hold spray meant to be squirted on surfaces directly and w/o dilution. The first time that I brought home groceries that needed to be sanitized, I chose that because it smelled like it had bleach in it. I just squirted it directly onto the plastic, or glass or metal and would wipe down the excess with a paper towel that was already damp with the same stuff. Then I'd let it air dry. No gloves :doh:...afterwards I noticed that my hands seemed dryer than normal and they kind of stunk of bleach. Then I read the concentration and it was 2.4% sodium hypochlorate (sp?) compared to a 5 or 6% concentration in household bleach. Yikes! But, other than dry hands, no serious issues.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I put on a mask in the car and I put on gloves as soon as I get out of the car and when I am finished packing up the groceries, I throw the gloves away. I am careful not to touch bare flesh to the outside of the glove. Once back in the car the mask comes off.

When I get home, I put all the non-perishable groceries in a spot on the garage and leave them for 3 or more days. The persihable stuff goes onto one side of our kitchen counter and then is wiped down with a clorox wipe and put away.

I then strip down and throw everything into the washing machine. I run upstairs and take a shower then change into fresh clothing.

I only do this when going to the store. I dont do any of this when taking a walk or hanging outside in the backyard.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
hope that you don't mistakenly take this the wrong way...But I didn't read anywhere that a higher bleach concentration would NOT kill the virus while a lower concentration WOULD. But I understand and appreciate issues like lung irritation, drying hands, skin issues, and white spots on clothing, etc. are all exacerbated with higher than recommended concentrations.
Not at all taken wrong way :)
Using higher concentrations can cause issues-as you've discovered with the harsher chemicals too. Especially on surfaces that may have contact with food-that is really the point of the ratios, to be safe and still food surface safe. Doubtful there's much harm in higher concentrations used on non food contact surfaces as long as precautions taken to not come in contact with bare skin until surface is dry.

The link to the CDC also had a link where you could look up a cleaner and see if it also killed Covid 19-can be really useful if out of your regular stuff too :)