• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is RCI playing nice on Covid19 cancellations

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
We have two weeks booked at the Sheraton in Phoenix in April and it is looking very unlikely that we will be able to travel. Our provincial government in Alberta has advised no one to travel at this time. A day ago it was for anyone over 65 but upgraded today to include anyone. We don't really have travel insurance except what is offered through Visa credit card and I highly doubt they would pay for this anyhow. So we stand to loose all of the points along with the booking fee. Has anyone heard if RCI has amended their policies for covid19 cancellations?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
We have two weeks booked at the Sheraton in Phoenix in April and it is looking very unlikely that we will be able to travel. Our provincial government in Alberta has advised no one to travel at this time. A day ago it was for anyone over 65 but upgraded today to include anyone. We don't really have travel insurance except what is offered through Visa credit card and I highly doubt they would pay for this anyhow. So we stand to loose all of the points along with the booking fee. Has anyone heard if RCI has amended their policies for covid19 cancellations?
I know with an RCI tpu account you can buy insurance to cancel for any reason. In the past I have purchased it a couple of day prior to having to go. It saved my tpus, you still lose the trade cost and the cost of the insurance.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI is so useless. There's nothing on their site, so as usual you are on your own. I just bought their stupid coverage to get back the TPU I used for our April vacation. Have to cancel today.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
So far they are only helping people with European bookings. They told my wife to wait closer to the time to call again. Ours is for June 1 in Florida and we are in California. We've been able to cancel our cruise right before the timeshare and luckily Best Western allowed me to cancel a prepaid reservation ahead of the cruise. That's all I know so far.
Bart

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Don’t cancel June now, this whole thing could subside in two to three weeks. We could be at the height of it (most likely not) I have a trip to Italy booked early June. I’m planing on going.

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
Don’t cancel June now, this whole thing could subside in two to three weeks. We could be at the height of it (most likely not) I have a trip to Italy booked early June. I’m planing on going.
We will hang on to our reservation to the bitter end as well. The line in the sand will be if our travel medical insurance would be valid and I am assuming it would not be as our provincial government has issued a do-not-travel bulletin.