• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is my agent trying to trick me out of rescinding? Is my rescind info correct?

ACT-1

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WYNDHAM
i purchased a timeshare on 12/30/2019 at the NYC Wyndham 45 location. I did some research the next day and found the barrage of negative reviews that this timeshare company has ad got cold feet. Since it is still within 7 days of my contract signing, i decided to rescind the contract. I contacted my agent and tried to ask her how to cancel since there were no instructions on how to cancel in my contract, only that there was a 7 day period. She said that she did not know how to cancel and that she would have to ask her manager but that the office is closed until Monday. i tried to ask for her manager's contact info but she said she is not allowed to give that out. I told her that i had found some information online and read to her the info in the pinned thread on TUG. She said that it sounded "outdated" and advised me to not send the letter to the Nevada address because "i shouldn't send my personal info out there like that"

Can anyone confirm that this address and phone number is current as of 2020? Has anyone had experience rescinding a contract from NYC?

PO BOX 94445
LAS VEGAS NEVADA 89193

10750 WEST CHARLESTON BOULEVARD
SUITE 130
LAS VEGAS NEVADA 89135

FAX: 702-227-3298

RECISSIONS.WVR@WYN.COM

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That looks like the corporate address to me (either L.V.works fine- USPS to the P.O. Box, or street addy for courier delivery)

Don't call. It does no good, and is not recognized as a legitimate rescission.

Mail the rescission letter USPS Certified w/return receipt- if only for your peace of mind that it was delivered. It doesn't matter as long as you have the receipt showing the date it wa mailed. It MUST be processed.

There is a chance the saleswesel is trying to delay your rescission until after the legal period has expired to save their commission. They do that.

Good Luck. Welcome to TUG.

Jim

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
This sticky thread in the Wyndham section has all of the info you need to rescind your contract:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Just curious to know what the deal was? How points/bonus, deeded or CWA and for how much? And exactly how many people did it take to corral you?

My son will be at NY45 on the 8th. I am glad he has the 'Talk to my Dad!' trump card to play to get out of jail! :)

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious to know what the deal was? How points/bonus, deeded or CWA and for how much? And exactly how many people did it take to corral you?

My son will be at NY45 on the 8th. I am glad he has the 'Talk to my Dad!' trump card to play to get out of jail! :)
Looks like your son is going to take one for the team.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
i purchased a timeshare on 12/30/2019 at the NYC Wyndham 45 location. I did some research the next day and found the barrage of negative reviews that this timeshare company has ad got cold feet. Since it is still within 7 days of my contract signing, i decided to rescind the contract. I contacted my agent and tried to ask her how to cancel since there were no instructions on how to cancel in my contract, only that there was a 7 day period. She said that she did not know how to cancel and that she would have to ask her manager but that the office is closed until Monday. i tried to ask for her manager's contact info but she said she is not allowed to give that out. I told her that i had found some information online and read to her the info in the pinned thread on TUG. She said that it sounded "outdated" and advised me to not send the letter to the Nevada address because "i shouldn't send my personal info out there like that"

Can anyone confirm that this address and phone number is current as of 2020? Has anyone had experience rescinding a contract from NYC?

PO BOX 94445
LAS VEGAS NEVADA 89193

10750 WEST CHARLESTON BOULEVARD
SUITE 130
LAS VEGAS NEVADA 89135

RECISSIONS.WVR@WYN.COM
Please, write the letter and send it certified mail, with a return receipt.

As has been said before, it sounds like they are trying to delay you past your 7 day mark...Monday will be the 6th...you signed on the 30th, so you'd be locked into the contract.

Send your letter today! Do not delay!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Looks like your son is going to take one for the team.

TWO for the team! He is staying 1/8-10 at NY45 and 1/10-13 at TRYP on a Platinum invitation! But, knowing his schedule, he will probably not make time on the 9th. And, I wonder if they will hook him into a presentation on the day of check-out on the 10th. He is committed to attending at TRYP! But he has me as a shield! ;)

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
TWO for the team! He is staying 1/8-10 at NY45 and 1/10-13 at TRYP on a Platinum invitation! But, knowing his schedule, he will probably not make time on the 9th. And, I wonder if they will hook him into a presentation on the day of check-out on the 10th. He is committed to attending at TRYP! But he has me as a shield! ;)
TRYP?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

It's one of the hotel chain Wyndham brands:

It was sourced from an acquisition of an independent hotel chain in 2010.

ACT-1

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WYNDHAM
That looks like the corporate address to me (either L.V.works fine- USPS to the P.O. Box, or street addy for courier delivery)

Don't call. It does no good, and is not recognized as a legitimate rescission.

Mail the rescission letter USPS Certified w/return receipt- if only for your peace of mind that it was delivered. It doesn't matter as long as you have the receipt showing the date it wa mailed. It MUST be processed.

There is a chance the saleswesel is trying to delay your rescission until after the legal period has expired to save their commission. They do that.

Good Luck. Welcome to TUG.

Jim

Thank You! I am going to mail it out tonight via UPS. It doesn't have to be USPS to be certified right? What do you mean by "it doesn't matter as long as you have the receipt showing the date it was mail. it MUST be processed"? I just have to have proof that they received it within the 7 day window right? Who knows how long they take to process it.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I think NY Wyndham might require letters to the Orlando address. Best to send to both LV and the Sea Harbor Orlando! Good luck! Mind sharing how much you’d save with rescission?

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Thank You! I am going to mail it out tonight via UPS. It doesn't have to be USPS to be certified right? What do you mean by "it doesn't matter as long as you have the receipt showing the date it was mail. it MUST be processed"? I just have to have proof that they received it within the 7 day window right? Who knows how long they take to process it.

The contracts usually stipulate that you must use USPS certified mail to send the rescission letter. It must be postmarked within the rescission period - which is proven by the certified mail process - the receive date is not important as long as the letter is postmarked and sent via certified mail within the rescission window.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another recent poster had the Orlando address as rescission. However, best to send to all four (two LV, sea harbor Orlando.

How much would you save with rescission?

ACT-1

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WYNDHAM

The deal was 84,000 pts for $16,000 at 15% interest rate deeded. They also threw in a supplement of 116,000 pts on the first year so i would have 200,000 the first year, then 84,000 after that. I also got 2 vouchers for a 7 night stay at RCI resorts and the "prize" for listening to their presentation was a 5 night stay in Hawaii. It seemed like a really good deal when we were there but its the horrible reviews that worry me...and the exponentially growing maintenance fee that i have to pay for the rest of my life.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The deal was 84,000 pts for $16,000 at 15% interest rate deeded. They also threw in a supplement of 116,000 pts on the first year so i would have 200,000 the first year, then 84,000 after that. I also got 2 vouchers for a 7 night stay at RCI resorts and the "prize" for listening to their presentation was a 5 night stay in Hawaii. It seemed like a really good deal when we were there but its the horrible reviews that worry me...and the exponentially growing maintenance fee that i have to pay for the rest of my life.
Send to both LV, 6277 Sea Harbor Drive Orlando addresses, and email for good measure.

NY Wyndham folks are particularly deceitful - Wastegate-level!

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’ve been critical about Wyndham. The MF should worry you.

I will say this. I got 430k Wyndham pts for $4. Their resorts, Customer Service, and Ownership Transfer Depts have been GREAT to me. Their salespeople are awful. Most people don’t know how to use timeshares, that you pretty much have to book at least four months in advance, and stick to such dates. TS are not like hotels, and people expect them to be. Hence the bad reviews.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Make sure, if your SO signed the TS contract, the rescission letter has both your and your SO’s names and signatures.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

15% is usury! TS is a depreciating asset like an automobile. Mush worse in that it instantly depreciates 100% to ~$0 resale value in the blink of an eye at the end of the rescission period! :)
Borrowing against a depreciating asset at any interest rate greater than the rate of inflation is a terrible idea! ~0% is the only acceptable rate, imo!

There should have been a page containing Loan information and additional disclosures showing how much this loan will cost over 10 years. You would have paid ~15,000 in interest! :eek:

1578092564124.png

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Yes, it must be USPS to be certified. You'll get a receipt from the post office showing when you mailed the letter. The date of mailing is the key. You don't need proof that they received it and they don't have to receive it within seven days. You just have to have proof that you mailed it within seven days of signing.

"It MUST be processed" means that Wyndham must process your rescission because it's the law.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

It should be sent via USPS CERTIFIED MAIL and retain your Postmarked Postal Receipts.

Keep in mind that they do not need to acknowledge your rescission is being processed, but they do need to act on it. Anticipate a wait of up to 45 days or so.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it must be USPS to be certified. You'll get a receipt from the post office showing when you mailed the letter. The date of mailing is the key. You don't need proof that they received it and they don't have to receive it within seven days. You just have to have proof that you mailed it within seven days of signing.

"It MUST be processed" means that Wyndham must process your rescission because it's the law.
Karen Nailed it. USPS is preferred over UPS.

Jim

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think NY Wyndham might require letters to the Orlando address. Best to send to both LV and the Sea Harbor Orlando! Good luck! Mind sharing how much you’d save with rescission?
Thanks for posting this sound advice. Thankfull this New Year that TUG has people like @Grammarhero , @HitchHiker71 & @SNA27. All very different in their thinking but pass along knowledge to many TUG users that are looking for advice. Many including myself have been educated on the many ways possible to use ones ownership to the fullest.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Why do they provide a Fax number and 'aptly named' email id? Is that a trick to misdirect the buyer from following the correct legal procedure?

RECISSIONS.WVR@WYN.COM

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Why do they provide a Fax number and 'aptly named' email id? Is that a trick to misdirect the buyer from following the correct legal procedure?

RECISSIONS.WVR@WYN.COM
I have no idea, but just to be sure, buyers could communicate in all possible ways for added peace of mind. If the contract stipulates that rescission must by made by certified mail, do that. But, no harm in using every means available to let them know you're rescinding.